It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the annoying people win again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The problem is that too many people have the attitude that "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" these people could care less about being annoying or about anyone else for that matter.

They're the same people that go into the grocery store 10 items or less isle with 20 items or go to the drive through at the bank and then want to do 20 transactions...all they care about is themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudieallover
okay so if im using public transportation
and i get a call from lets say my mother
its okay to flip out on me for using my phone just because you
never learned how to mind your own business?

ever heard of earphones? earplugs? maybe music? audiobooks?

yeah sometimes its annoying especially if youre having a bad day but if you dont wanna deal with it
go home another way

needless to say intelligent people wouldnt pull out a gun on somebody for being on the phone

AHHH! Start each sentence with a capital!!!

LOL Just kidding. Noticed you're kind of new here. Welcome, Cloudie!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

I often let people in ahead of me in line at the grocery store, or other places, if I have the time.

I don't think I would let a loud voice on a bus, get me that upset, because I have a way of tuning people out if I find them irritating.

Is it not somewhat selfish to accept others to act according to what you expect of them.

Yes courtesy is always nice, but not "demanding" courtesy at every turn of life, is a way of showing courtesy as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yeah 'It's al all about me' being the attitude of the gun pulling woman deciding everyone on public transport should be quiet just for her. Her world obviously revolvers around her.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I agree with you 100%

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
This world is for the rude, the ignorant, and the stupid. It is definitely not for the sane. Sane people are pushed beyond their limits, and they end up getting punished for it. I'm just disgusted with it all.

All i have to say is:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
She had the attitude of like...I'm pretty' I'm young and I can do what I want.

Yeah, 'pretty' gets me every time. Just like the girl you use as your avatar. Hell, I'd GIVE her my cell phone.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Yeah 'It's al all about me' being the attitude of the gun pulling woman deciding everyone on public transport should be quiet just for her. Her world obviously revolvers around her.

LOL For you to make this comment you must yap on the cell phone everywhere you go. Come on, admit it. Fess up.

Tell the truth, dammit!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah, 'pretty' gets me every time. Just like the girl you use as your avatar. Hell, I'd GIVE her my cell phone.

So..what your saying is if its a pretty girl talking too loud, and being irritating,, nothing to rant about...but if its someone you don't find visually appealing,,the rant is ON !!!

hmmmm... something wrong with this picture.

edit on 28-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

So..what your saying is if its a pretty girl talking too loud, and being irritating,, nothing to rant about...but if its someone you don't find visually appealing,,the rant is ON !!!

hmmmm... something wrong with this picture.

edit on 28-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

It's a guy thing. You wouldn't understand. LMAO

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the generation of people who could tune people out at will? A book, newspaper or even headphones of an ipod with music blasting would work great. I have no problem ignoring excessively loud people, it's called "mind your own business" or if you wanted to get on their nerves and get the point across theyre speaking too loud, go sit next ot them, lean real close and cupp your ear to make it sound like you're trying to be wierd and eavesdrop for some juicy gossip, that usually will get them to quieten down a bit.
edit on 28-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Either the OP is trolling or has severe psychological problems.

I am a gun owner and it would never cross my mind to pull out a gun because someone was loud. I don't care if she was screaming in my ear, it's not a reason to brandish a weapon. Period.

Whether or not you own a gun, I suggest you take a beginner's gun safety course. I guarantee you'll leave there with a new respect for personal responsibility.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Tired of annoying people talking loud on their cell phones close to you, in line at the coffee shop, movie theaters, or driving in the next lane over from you on the road?

Buy yourself a signal jammer. You can purchase them all over the web, and the lower end models are as inexpensive as $40.

Just Google "cell phone jammer". Browse. Pick one. Pay, Wallah. No more people annoying you with their phone calls, plus it's much much cheaper than a pistol, and no one gets hurt. Additionally, in places like movie theaters, you may very well be providing a public service.

Additionally, if you're the paranoid sort, many models come coupled with GPS jamming, so, you can step out in confidence that there's no wireless bugs listening to you, nor GPS trackers having you on the lojack.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Here you go.

This is something (not sure if it's legal) that I would condone. Someone is being an ass on the phone, and when asked to consider others they ignore. *Signal jammer turns on.* Man smiles at the annoying person, "Terrible reception right here yea?"

That would make me chuckle. That would be a lesson.

Pulling a gun on someone for the same thing isn't. Plain and simple. And if you have that much rage that a gun pulled on someone satisfies you in some way you need to rethink your anger issues.

Having guns pulled on people is just as "annoying" as a loudmouth on a cell phone, just ask someone from an area with high amount of gun violence.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Clearly this is proof that you need more guns! LOL

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This might seem totally off topic, but I promise it's not and I'll explain why in my next post, but can someone answer a couple of questions for me? First, what kind of percent membership of the NRA are non white, and second, has a conspiracy or connection between the NRA and the Kkk ever been discussed?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You don't pull a gun on someone unless you are in danger. A weapon should only be used to defend yourself. It is people who use guns as a way to gain power over others who cause more problems than they solve. If you are willing to pull a gun on someone you damn well better be ready to pull the trigger. I don't believe this woman ever had any intention of pulling the trigger, she just wanted to impose her will on another using the gun as leverage.

I am fully against gun control, but i also believe those with firearms should be held to a higher standard. They have a weapon capable of serious damage and death to people and property. If someone is to use a weapon in a manner that is irresponsible, or dangerous they should be sat in front of a judge and have to answer for it.

This woman's life was not threatened and no one on the bus was in any danger until the moment SHE pulled a gun.

Let the courts have at her, she is a bad example, she broke the law, and she provided fuel to the anti-gun folks all because another person was being inconsiderate.

I am not saying it is ok to be an ass by talking loudly on your cell phone in a public place, but there are countless better, more responsible ways to deal with such a situation. I equate pulling a gun on someone to punching them in the face, even if you don't pull the trigger it is/should be assault. Is it ok to punch someone because they are annoying you? No, and its not ok to pull a gun on someone because they are annoying you.

This is not an example of annoying people winning, this is an example of someone taking a situation way too far and creating a far worse situation than the one they were trying to solve.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You have to remember there's a stupid belief among liberals that a person can say anything they want to without any repercussions of any sort, and you have to sit down and take it.

this is one of the most generalized, ridiculous statements i have heard in a long while.

and i ain't even liberal.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Okay, home now and can explain why I asked... for everyone unsure of how America got into the gun culture as it exists today, just watch this...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What a silly and unfair response.....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

What a silly and unfair response.....

Why? Was addressing one of the statements you made, but was mostly addressing the op , and I see a lot of people on this site who scream about not wanting a nanny state , and more laws on how we should conduct ourselves, yet these are often the very same ones who jump all over something as silly as a women talking too loud on her cell phone, on public transit ?

C'mon, honestly what is being unfair about that ?

What next, I have the right to explode verbally, and maybe even take out a gun... on someone because they weren't being courteous and stepped in front of my cart? ..or they hit my ankle with their cart ?

If you could explain to me how I was being unfair, I'd appreciate it very much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join