It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check:Harry Reid flips his 25 year position on auditing the fed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ben Swann Reality Check takes a look at Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's past support of auditing the Federal Reserve and why he is now saying he won't allow an up or down vote on the bill.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I don't think he was ever serious about the bill.Reid was just using the issue to get votes never thinking it would ever be up for a vote.Little did he know.
edit on 023131p://2526 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

edit on 023131p://2526 by mike dangerously because: spelling.

edit on 023131p://2626 by mike dangerously because: cleaning up.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
"I called the senators office today asking him to explain how that happens... I'm still waiting."

I love this guy.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Dems are quickly waking up to the reality that not bringing the bill to a vote is the equivalent of a political death penalty...

When it comes up for a vote those who don't vote in favor of an audit are signing their own warrant...

Anyone that votes to strike it down might as well pack their bags... because every ad aired after September will bring up the fact that a "nay" is the equivalent of endorsing your rape by Wall Street...

Checkmate Ron Paul...
edit on 28-7-2012 by SwissMarked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

The most obvious answer that he suddenly changed his poistion after 25 years of campaigning for something is... They got to him.

Rothschild controlled puppets must have threatened him and his family with horrible torture/death if he allows this vote. It is the most logical answer, really.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wait...a political goon lying? no way...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wonder if obama'll claim executive priviliage if the vote passes to put a stop to the audit?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

That's an interesting thought. He will declare an executive order of some kind, of that I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I thought being a Congressman or a Senator wasnt supposed to be a Career?? How is this guy, and many others, allowed to be on Capital Hill for 20yrs +?? That includes Ron Paul......

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm not from the USA, so don't fully understand the political system over there, but what is the point of people voting if one can can override their votes? It's always open for curruption if one can makes the final decision!

They may as well not vote and just let Harry Reid decide because it seem that his decision is the only one that counts?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Take action and spread the word.

Sign the petition "The U.S. Senate: Allow H.R 459 to be voted on the Senate floor."

www.change.org...

Contact Senator Harry Reid

www.reid.senate.gov...

Also feel free to make this petition its own thread because I am unable to do so at the moment.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

The president may veto a bill that finds its way onto his desk, but then congress can override the veto with a 2/3 majority in both the Senate and the House of Representatives.

It's pretty convoluted, but that's how it was designed.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

But dems helped get the last audit of the fed in 2009.

On November 19, 2009, the Committee on Financial Services approved the Paul-Grayson amendment to the Financial Stability Improvement Act of 2009 (H.R. 3996). The amendment includes many provisions of the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, including removing GAO audit restrictions and allowing a more complete audit of the Federal Reserve, including reviewing various policies and agreements with foreign entities.[15][16] It was passed by in a 43-26 vote, with bipartisan support despite opposition from former supporter and Committee Chairman Barney Frank. The amendment was also opposed by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and others from the Obama administration.[15]

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

we're talking about a real audit, of every financial transaction, board meeting and cash balance of the fed for the last 99 years since its creation.

edit on 28-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, and democrats in congress voted for it too. To give all the credit to republicans is disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The thing is, everyone keeps acting like this is a huge victory, and Ron Paul has done something great, but if there's something huge to hide that an audit would find, do you really think we will be given a full, accurate report?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
The thing is, everyone keeps acting like this is a huge victory, and Ron Paul has done something great, but if there's something huge to hide that an audit would find, do you really think we will be given a full, accurate report?

Of course you would have an ignorant opinion without having done any research on this bill being voted under suspension of rules and what that means for the integrity of this bill.

Also, this is a major victory for the people, something like this was unheard of before Ron Paul ran for president in 2007 and made the criticism of the federal reserve a normal discussion and not a quirky conspiracy theory. Again, if you stood back and did any research, you would know this.

Now, you go ahead and continue to do things only your masters have allowed you to do while the rest of us pick up your slack and live as individuals.

edit on 28-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

That is a lame excuse to not do something. Oh even if there is something it won't do any good. You really don't know until your try. And it won't get fixed until its demanded. Thats like saying let them kill us all we are all going to die some day anyway. A defeatest attitude can never create success.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Right, because you know if i've researched something or not. It says a lot about a person when they immediately make assumptions about people.

I never said it shouldn't be done, i never said it isn't a good idea, but with all the things people think are covered up, there's no real reason to believe this is 100% safe from tampering.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by eLPresidente

Right, because you know if i've researched something or not. It says a lot about a person when they immediately make assumptions about people.

I never said it shouldn't be done, i never said it isn't a good idea, but with all the things people think are covered up, there's no real reason to believe this is 100% safe from tampering.

No need to play games, all you had to do was say if you actually read the bill and actions involved around the bill, or not. Since you keep avoiding that, your silence is your acquiescence.

Of course, its easy to criticize and complain about everything while doing absolutely nothing.

new topics

top topics

join