It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Educated opinions not welcome

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
When I post on any forum I often intentionally set out to get under peoples skin.

Does this not violate the T&Cs?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Grambler

It's possible you're taking this all too seriously. ATS is an entertainment site, nothing more; and extreme views and expressions are usually more entertaining than sober, moderate ones, so they tend to be more popular with the punters. ATS is also about as close as the internet gets to a mass-market publication, so you can't really expect the average level of education and culture here to be very high.

Lighten up a bit and you may find yourself enjoying your hours here more.

edit on 28/7/12 by Astyanax because: there were half a dozen replies by the time I posted mine.

What do you mean by this being an entertainment site? Are you saying everything that's discussed here is just fantasy? While there is no solid proof behind a lot of the subjects debated here, remember that much of science is also just theory. Do you consider science sites to be entertainment sites too? Websites such as Fox News could be considered entertainment, but not this place. This is deadly serious.
edit on 30-7-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Grambler

It's possible you're taking this all too seriously. ATS is an entertainment site, nothing more; and extreme views and expressions are usually more entertaining than sober, moderate ones, so they tend to be more popular with the punters. ATS is also about as close as the internet gets to a mass-market publication, so you can't really expect the average level of education and culture here to be very high.

Lighten up a bit and you may find yourself enjoying your hours here more.

edit on 28/7/12 by Astyanax because: there were half a dozen replies by the time I posted mine.

What do you mean by this being an entertainment site? Are you saying everything that's discussed here is just fantasy? While there is no solid proof behind a lot of the subjects debated here, remember that much of science is also just theory. Do you consider science sites to be entertainment sites too? Websites such as Fox News could be considered entertainment, but not this place. This is deadly serious.
edit on 30-7-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

Theories have evidence. In fact theories are based on evidence, and devised to explain evidence.

If you have no evidence, you have no theory.

A lot of stuff on ATS, probably a large majority of posts, are based on political rhetoric, debunked or incorrect lies or "evidence" and people just jumping to insane conclusions and presenting it as fact.

I'm on a thread right now where someone is presenting his opinions, none of them are evidenced, as fact. Multiple un-evidenced claims, each more insane than the last, and calling them "true".

This place is littered with that...and as such can't be taken too seriously.
edit on 30-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Well I'd say there's evidence for much of what is debated here. Take the subject of UFO's for example, and the plentiful testimonies of pilots, ex-military personnel etc. Eyewitness accounts such as those are considered evidence in a courtroom, so to say there is no evidence is not strictly true.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter
reply to post by longlostbrother

Well I'd say there's evidence for much of what is debated here. Take the subject of UFO's for example, and the plentiful testimonies of pilots, ex-military personnel etc. Eyewitness accounts such as those are considered evidence in a courtroom, so to say there is no evidence is not strictly true.

A few things.

UFOs - in general - are fine, there's unexplained things to discuss, yes.

Specific UFO cases though are more difficult to characterise like that. We have seen people admit they HOAXED things and people on the thread still arguing they are real. Even when people show how they made the hoax.

In the second case, fake evidence isn't evidence, and those get hoaxed, rightly.

I honestly think people should be a LOT more clear if they have no evidence to back up some speculation or a fiction. I also think it's downright wrong (IMO) when people argue something is "fact" when it's not.

That makes me wanna rip my hair out.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am in agreement with you and I have often wondered why the very truth of educated thoughts are often times just ignored. I think people would rather believe false accusations and half truths. I hope that this thread will change that somewhat. I am one who hopes to see educated people come together to change what is wrong with the world and live in peace and harmony. Getting rid of nuclear weapons and billion dollar black ops budgets would sure help us to be able to do some really astounding things toward helping our fellow man. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join