It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue skies at 3am?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Just an informal poll to see if anyone else has noticed how much brighter the night sky seems lately. I was doing a search for an unrelated topic and found this guy.....
in5d.com...
I was actually doing a search for this topic earlier this month when I first noticed it, for three days straight there were no stars visible to the south at 3am even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Not sure if it's related to solar activity or some atmospheric effect but I know it don't look right.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The picture he took was at 10:30 pm. The sky is normal. It´s more brighter because of the fullmoon and the clouds, which reflect and disperse the light. Saw this quite often. But I would like to see a picture from the sky you have seen at 3 pm.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Just an informal poll to see if anyone else has noticed how much brighter the night sky seems lately. I was doing a search for an unrelated topic and found this guy.....
in5d.com...
I was actually doing a search for this topic earlier this month when I first noticed it, for three days straight there were no stars visible to the south at 3am even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Not sure if it's related to solar activity or some atmospheric effect but I know it don't look right.

Yes. I have.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I can't say that I have noticed that, but I can say that I have noticed that the moon seems to be a lot bigger on some nights lately than I can ever remember. A few nights in the last few months it has been scary huge by my perception. Though truthfully, I can't claim to have noticed the moon every night of my life either, so I might have missed it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Sorry but the sky is not blue.

It's pitch dark out there.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Currently looking at the vastness of space... it's as dark as ever...

Please see an eye doctor

If you live in Antarctica, this may be normal this time of year... not sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Rofl

Mostly cloudy skies + full moon = brighter than usual night skies

the clouds help spread the moonlight even more.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It's possible you are seeing "false dawn" also known as "zodiacal light"
edit on 28/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The past few weeks it's been broad daylight at 4am, but this is called Summer where I come from.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

It's called light pollution, and it is a serious problem:

en.wikipedia.org...

I assume that you live in the countryside that you find this unusual. The city to the south of you is ruining your sky.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

If you live in Antarctica, this may be normal this time of year... not sure.

Normal for the north right now, I see sunset around 10 or 11ish in the northeast- the sun reflects back on a weird angle and my western view is blocked by trees. When I look north, it's quite bright up there

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Blue Sky's at 3am?

OK. But where are the "BLUE" Sky's?

I will use a line from one of my favourite Comedy's.

Shirley You can't be serious?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The sky is blue and there is nothing you can do!

Originally posted by Pedro4077
Shirley You can't be serious?

And don't call me Shirley!

RIP Leslie Nielsen !

Oh and I forgot to add... Was looking at the sky the other night and it was tremendously bright. But as always, it was completely normal. There is something fascinating about the sky at 2am, you can stare at it for hours. A kind of blissful peace and impending doom surrounding the enormity of it all.. awe inspiring.

edit on 28-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join