It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a UFO over 2012 Olympic opening ceremony

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.maplegambling.com...

William Hill will pay you out if a UFO is spotted hovering above the Olympic Stadium in London during the opening ceremony this Friday (July 27).

You would, of course, first have to take the bet William Hill is currently offering on its website in order to be paid out. But if you laid out say $100, you'd be rewarded with a whopping $10,000 in return thanks to the UFO bet's generous 100/1 odds!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Goodyear blimp is being used to provide ariel pictures from the olympics and has had all its logos removed as they are not official sponsors of the games

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Look at these photos right before the opening ceremony from the official goodyear website.

farm9.static.flickr.com...

www.goodyearblimp.co.uk...

read the official statement by goodyear themselves that the blimp has undergone a COSTUME change.....

http://www.goodyearblimp.co.uk/news/goodyear-olympic-statement/

edit on 7/29/2012 by bytebull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bytebull

IT does make a good ufo though doesnt it

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

I had to make a parody of this and I uploaded it to youtube. Want a good laugh watch this.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

"OH, BUT A BLIMP WOULD NEVER FLY SO CLOSE TO FIREWORKS!"

Silence.

Yes they do.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I saw 6 movies of the ceremony mate that was a #en UFO not a blimp

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

I don't need talks. I want the video of the fireworks taken from the blimp. We can all say that a blimp will be used in the Olympics. The easiest way to prove it is by showing the videos taken from the blimp. Telling a story that the blimp will be used is not good enough. Where are the videos from the blimp?

This may have been answered by now, but I don't have the time to check. So, I'm just going to reply:

The reason there is no footage of the fireworks from the blimp are simple: the cameras point down. The fireworks elevation is above the blimp.

As for being too close to the fireworks to be safe, you have sense of scale in the video to have any idea how far away from the fireworks they were. It's not that complex.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

where does it say "Goodyear"? or do they just illuminate the skin of the blimp?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am not saying it is or isn't, but have any of you seen the good year blimp? the fact that it is dark blue along the side and silver top and bottom, the zoomed in images of the ufo (technically at this point that's what it is) on other sites shows silver all over. www.huffingtonpost.com... Skip to about 30 seconds. As you can see on the video its from the daily telegraph in England.

So if it is a goodyear blimp, it would need to be heading straight up or down to be all silver.

Also where is the tail section?

Just some things to think about.

I am on the fence though, just looking at things from both sides

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
before the aliens invade, they are broadcasting "run up to the invasion" shows on their local tv. the saucer was just a camera crew filming the ceremony for broadcast back home. you'll know when they arrive, it'll be akin to district 9 with a clapped out mothership parked over the stadium...

....or this was (one of the) good year blimp(s) that we see over many a major event in the UK (and the rest of the world for that matter) this thing has been buzzing the skies since I was a kid, the first time I saw it was in Liverpool in about 1980.

edit on 30-7-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem
Looks like a ufo to me. No way goodyear flew a blimp transatlantic across the ocean...

Just is not feasible. The aliens were looking to probe the queen a little obviously.

Ummm- it can be shipped via boat, you know... or one of those ludicrously large cargo planes- and reinflated at it's destination

OR

There's more than one in diff countries?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

FYI, Since Goodyear is not an official sponsor of the Olympics, they removed the logos from the blimp.

Goodyear's Stars and Stripes airship based out of Pompano Beach, Fla., is operating as a camera platform for NBC's Olympic coverage and the network's Today Show, and is doing so "sans logo" to comply with International Olympic Committee (IOC) rules that prohibit corporate logos of any kind flying over Olympic venues.
SOURCE

SOURCE 2 with image

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
before the aliens invade, they are broadcasting "run up to the invasion" shows on their local tv. the saucer was just a camera crew filming the ceremony for broadcast back home. you'll know when they arrive, it'll be akin to district 9 with a clapped out mothership parked over the stadium...

....or this was (one of the) good year blimp(s) that we see over many a major event in the UK (and the rest of the world for that matter) this thing has been buzzing the skies since I was a kid, the first time I saw it was in Liverpool in about 1980.

edit on 30-7-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

Over here in the USA there have been UFO movies all weekend long.

Mars Attacks! - Contact - The Abyss etc.

The Roswell Crash was 65 years ago! - July 1947 -

First Contact was decades ago. Now we will get - Disclosure -.

Disclosure to the general public.

- Saturday August 4, 2012 -

It will be the Pleiadians not the Grays.

The Pleiadians (Atlanteans) look like us and are technically not aliens.

The Atlanteans are indigenous to Earth.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I'm not sure if it is a Goodyear blimp but I work under where the blimp has been for the past week or so and during the evening it has been illuminated. No doubt some willing believers have already mistook the blimp for a UFO. I haven't seen Goodyear on the side but to be fair the few times I have seen it I have been looking at its belly whilst being directly underneath it.
edit on 30-7-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Looks like a ufo to me. No way goodyear flew a blimp transatlantic across the ocean...

Why not? Maybe England has their own Goodyear blimp? There is more than one, you know. Goodyear is sold throughout the world so it is feasible to believe the Goodyear blimp was there.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
reply to post by sirnukeem

I live not too far from London and a week or so ago now there was a Goodyear blimp flying around during the day. I'm pretty sure there is more than one Goodyear blimp around the world

No, not possible. There are only three en.wikipedia.org... and they were all

being used over the major league baseball game stadiums in America. The alien queen probing theory stands.

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Screwed

Make sure you let HA know about it if you do.

Don't you mean HR>? (humans resources)
edit on 28-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

If it's in Wikipedia it must be true.....There are 3 in the US, that is not saying there are none in England considering Goodyear is now an international company.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's page 9, proof that it was/is a blimp is everywhere....and people still don't believe the blimp, was a blimp? I'll have to assume that none of the gomers clinging on to the UFO theory saw the opening ceremony on NBC. You know, where they mentioned the blimp...and they switched to the aerial shots several times. At least I hope not.....otherwise, they are plain bats----t and hopeless.

When you are more willing to believe the unbelievable than the hard cold facts, you are bordering on delusional and schizophrenic.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
It's page 9, proof that it was/is a blimp is everywhere....and people still don't believe the blimp, was a blimp? I'll have to assume that none of the gomers clinging on to the UFO theory saw the opening ceremony on NBC. You know, where they mentioned the blimp...and they switched to the aerial shots several times. At least I hope not.....otherwise, they are plain bats----t and hopeless.

When you are more willing to believe the unbelievable than the hard cold facts, you are bordering on delusional and schizophrenic.

And there are people who would believe the old Queen really parachuted from the helicopter with the real James Bond....

I think Pierce Brosnan should have been the James Bond with the Queen. Daniel Craig..blah.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No ufo's there. It would have been interesting if it happened though. Reminds me of the ancient curse... "May you live in interesting times" I would say our time is very interesting but there is always something interesting going on somewhere isn't there? People do have a tendency to try to make things more interesting though....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join