It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a UFO over 2012 Olympic opening ceremony

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iNDIGOarts

A helicopters blades have a distinctive whup whup sound, the Goodyear blimps engines drone like those you heard.
I can say this because when I lived in Ft Myers in Florida, one was hangared at the local airport and the engines sounded EXACTLY like what you can hear
Also, when I was in the Army, I was in an Avation unit, and our barracks was right across from the airfield, so I know what a helicopter sounds like
Then again, the aliens knew what it sounded like to and made their UFO sound like it, right?
Lol

Eta: you guys seeing ufos in everything are starting to sound like that crazy hair dude on ancient liens....
edit on 7/28/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Cool, thanks for the clarity on that. I now also get why it was unmarked, but without the regulation night lights? Thats still a bit strange to me even though the object is identified now.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why would a blimp fly directly over fireworks? Isn't that freakin' dangerous???

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Human_Alien

Where did you post THAT video?

So if I see a blimp where a blimp is known to be, I'm assuming?

Not the Hannard video you added afterward but the London one. I posted it a few pages ago here

I don't see a Blimp. I see an object that's too far away to make out just like everyone else. Seems like I'm the only honest poster thus far.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

In all due respect DO, I don't care about Hannard's deception, Murphy's Law or Occam's Razor.

I'm talking about what I, Human Alien can't make out.

In all likelihood it is the Blimp but I would never make a thread with this self appointed assurance and aver the validity of an opinion.....like OP constantly does.
His guesses aren't any better than anyone else's and I'm here to remind him of that

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I posted it a few pages ago here

Not the same.

I don't see a Blimp. I see an object that's too far away to make out just like everyone else.

That's on you.

Seems like I'm the only honest poster thus far.

To who? That statement seems delusional.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

In all due respect DO, I don't care about Hannard's deception,

That was merely to backup my use of Hannard's belief that it's not a blimp to "prove" it is a blimp.

I would never make a thread with this self appointed assurance and aver the validity of an opinion

Hmm, it seems you do. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

His guesses aren't any better than anyone else's and I'm here to remind him of that

I don't think he's usually guessing. I believe when he is he lets that be known. Anyway, good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

A helicopters blades have a distinctive whup whup sound, the Goodyear blimps engines drone like those you heard.
I can say this because when I lived in Ft Myers in Florida, one was hangared at the local airport and the engines sounded EXACTLY like what you can hear
Also, when I was in the Army, I was in an Avation unit, and our barracks was right across from the airfield, so I know what a helicopter sounds like
Then again, the aliens knew what it sounded like to and made their UFO sound like it, right?
Lol

Eta: you guys seeing ufos in everything are starting to sound like that crazy hair dude on ancient liens....

Not that I think the Blimp was a UFO but your assumption about how helo's make a "whup whup" sound is not entirely accurate. I was an Aviation Electronics Technician for 13 years in the United States Navy - and in particular I worked on SH-60F, HH-60H and MH-60H Naval helicopters for 10 of those 13 years.

They do not always make a "whup whup" sound. Particularly, the size, amount and length of the blades on Naval helicopters along with their twin turbofan engines makes it sound more like a muffled automatic rifle (closest thing I can think of to compare it to).

The only helo I can think that makes a distinctive "whup whup" sound is the Huey. It does this because it only has two blades, thus there is more "air gap" between them and it produces this sound.

Also of note that most modern helicopters have 4 blades, not 2. Even army black hawks have 4 blades.

Also, I'm curious as to which video you listen to. I listened to both of them in the OP and I couldn't make out any sounds over the fireworks popping.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Where's the proof it was a blimp?

Have you read the thread (not sarcasm)? You know the Goodyear blimp is there like it always is at the Olympics, right? Why would you even doubt that this is the blimp?

Again, where are the videos from the angle of the blimp? Have you found one? I'm not questioning whether a blimp will be used in the Olympics. They can use 20 blimps to cover the Olympics for all I care. What I am questioning is that that craft out there during the opening ceremony can't be a blimp. Where are the videos from the blimp covering the opening ceremony? You can't find one, isn't it? Because there is no blimp during the opening ceremony. They might use the blimps in the later events.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Where's the proof it was a blimp?

Have you read the thread (not sarcasm)? You know the Goodyear blimp is there like it always is at the Olympics, right? Why would you even doubt that this is the blimp?

Again, where are the videos from the angle of the blimp? Have you found one? I'm not questioning whether a blimp will be used in the Olympics. They can use 20 blimps to cover the Olympics for all I care. What I am questioning is that that craft out there during the opening ceremony can't be a blimp. Where are the videos from the blimp covering the opening ceremony? You can't find one, isn't it? Because there is no blimp during the opening ceremony. They might use the blimps in the later events.

You do make a decent point. The likelihood that the blimp was out there filming the opening ceremony is 50/50. The blimp most certainly would be used to get angles on the events that typical camera's can't get.
Probably during most of the track and field events I'd gather.

Still, it looks like a blimp to me. Some of the shots in the OP video make it appear like a ufo, but other shots it clearly looks like a blimp.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I will post the video of indigoarts here for all to see how a blimp works at night. They are required to have flashing lights at night. Did anyone see any flashing lights from that "blimp"?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Again, where are the videos from the angle of the blimp? Have you found one?

No I have not and I'm not looking for them for you anymore.

What I am questioning is that that craft out there during the opening ceremony can't be a blimp. Where are the videos from the blimp covering the opening ceremony? You can't find one, isn't it? Because there is no blimp during the opening ceremony.

I will refer you to this POST which you should have seen in this thread.

I guess some of you were not watching the NBC coverage when they SAID that there was a blimp over the stadium, right before they switched to the aerial video shots.....and before the fireworks. They switched to the blimp cam several times prior to the last hour of the opening ceremony.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Do you have any Olympics video from an angle where that flashing light would be visible?

You read that the blimp is unbranded right?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

A blimp over the stadium before opening ceremony means a burnt blimp. You don't agree?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Fortunately they're smart enough to stay away from the display. Weak attempt to justify your failure.
edit on 28-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: kant spel

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You said in your quote that a blimp was shown OVER the stadium just before the opening ceremony. Now you are saying "they are a little far away". Hmm...

edit on 28-7-2012 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Did anyone see any flashing lights from that "blimp"?

Wait...who cares whether or not any flashing lights were visible???? Seriously?? ANYONE watching the NBC 2012 Olympics opening ceremony coverage (Which I personally did) knows that whenever they said they would be going to the overhead blimp cam...they did!!! ...they also briefly commented on the blimp and showed it.

Are people seriously still going on about this? Did anyone watching the coverage bother to wonder HOW IN THE HELL it was possible to get the overhead shots of the stadium while the fireworks were going off....looking down...you know, towards the stadium? Flying elephants? Oh I know, I know!!!!....The aliens lent their onboard cams to NBC!!!

Again, I weep for the future of humanity. Common sense is obviously not valued as it once was.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

In all due respect DO, I don't care about Hannard's deception, Murphy's Law or Occam's Razor.

I'm talking about what I, Human Alien can't make out.

In all likelihood it is the Blimp but I would never make a thread with this self appointed assurance and aver the validity of an opinion.....like OP constantly does.

Really? Did you really just post that? Oh my god. You are the last person in the world that should critique anyone's posting or thread starting habits. How many times a day do you post "Is this an UFO" only to have the first reply point out it is in fact a microwave and then you ask the mod to close down yet another thread? I quick look at threads authored by H_A takes hours to go through.

I really have seen it all now.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

What's happening is people that usually take for granted that everything seen in the sky is a UFO like it is their religion, are now asking for proof that this was a blimp.

Meaning they will blindly believe that mermaids exist and populate Mars (yes there are real threads about this) but want concrete proof that this is a blimp. It defies all logic.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

A blimp will not fly that close to fireworks or it will catch fire.

How do you know how close it is to the fireworks?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join