It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a UFO over 2012 Olympic opening ceremony

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
Because of all the VIPs I thought there was a strict no fly zone over the stadium during the opening

Is that indirectly questioning the Blimp or UFO presence?

Either way (Blimp or UFO) I'm quite sure the Royal Family gave the okay to be there!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's sure that something is hanging in the sky, But its hard to see what it really is. One thing I can imagine is that fireworks and blimps are not a very good combination?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Im ashamed to say I looked for them during the ceremony, but... no, nothing to report

That is right, the moon Nazi's snubbed us
Perhaps the closing ceremony will bring us something. Or perhaps teh conspiracy is there is NO conspiracy this time

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

The Goodyear blimp is 192 feet (58 meters) long, 59.5 feet (18 meters) tall, and 50 feet (15 meters) wide and is filled with helium bags.

If you look at the vid it's circling the stadium at a good distance.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Blimp

Heres a link from the Goodyear Blimp people saying what an honor it is to fly above the Olympics, But they arent an official sponsor so it wont say Goodyear on it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No, but the Olympic rings which resembled landing UFO's actually were UFO's that were shaped like rings, with tiny aliens inside, like this guy.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Utopia2012 because: pic

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh I love this whole Phage vs Human Alien banter. Great stuff, and fascinating to watch two people with completely opposite thought processes, debating.

My money is on Human Alien eventually winning the battle, by sheer determinedness.

Phage keeps on hitting you down, but you just get back up.

I hope you don't find this offensive HA, but you remind me of this:

If you're not sure what that means Phage, I have a special diagram for you:

As for the thread topic, the video is very interesting (especially with the slow-mo version). It certainly doesn't look like your everyday blimp, the shape seems different. Does anybody have a pic of the goodyear blimp in London? It would be interesting to see its shape compared to the shape in the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

This link will give you all the blip pictures you want.

www.goodyearblimp.co.uk...

edit on 28-7-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry Phage they are stuck in traffic..... They will try and make it before the finish, also they want to know where we got all the starships from and tell the grey's if it's thier technology,.... they will be exiled.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You want proof it's a blimp? I give you the ultimate proof.

Hannard says it's not a blimp

ETA: Here's a quick example of Hannard's deception

edit on 28-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And it still looks like a blimp

It's starting to turn to the left which accounts for the disk shape and the dome is a reflection from the fireworks

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How can you even think that some aliens will be flying over the stadium in the middle of the ceremony and in the range of the fireworks?? And with so much fireworks how can you remotely think there is a UFO or anly object other than fireworks? Some people are beyond stupid lal plus they may be saying so to WIN THE ALIEN WILL COME AND LAND bets

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It looks, flies, and sounds like the blimp, so it's obvious a UFO
*end scarcasm*

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

You want proof it's a blimp? I give you the ultimate proof.

Hannard says it's not a blimp

ETA: Here's a quick example of Hannard's deception

edit on 28-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

Whose Hannard and why are you showing me the same video I posted?

Doesn't matter because I don't care if the Queen or Buzz Aldrid said it was the Blimp. You see, I don't take the word of someone else especially for things of a controversial nature. I want to see for myself.

I'll wait for the spectators to return home and hopefully upload their footage on YouTube. I have no problem conceding if it IS the Blimp but I want to see it for myself.

Thanks though

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Oh I love this whole Phage vs Human Alien banter. Great stuff, and fascinating to watch two people with completely opposite thought processes, debating.

My money is on Human Alien eventually winning the battle, by sheer determinedness.

Phage keeps on hitting you down, but you just get back up.

I hope you don't find this offensive HA, but you remind me of this:

If you're not sure what that means Phage, I have a special diagram for you:

As for the thread topic, the video is very interesting (especially with the slow-mo version). It certainly doesn't look like your everyday blimp, the shape seems different. Does anybody have a pic of the goodyear blimp in London? It would be interesting to see its shape compared to the shape in the OP.

I've been compared to a Weeble Wobble in the past so, much to my chagrin, your assessment of me is spot on. But maybe that's not a bad way to be.

Now how come when you say "It doesn't look like the Blimp" you don't have to defend your stance for 10,000 pages like I do????
Yeah, I'm just determined (with a touch of Italian!) I guess.

Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Where did you post THAT video?

So if I see a blimp where a blimp is known to be, I'm assuming?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A blimp? According to aviation laws, blimps need night lights, which includes the flashing kind at regular intervals. This object hasnt got any. This is how the Goodyear blimp is lit at night - www.youtube.com... So I dont know who came up with that theory.

Also, that propeller sound is from a helicopter out of screen. You can see the helicopter clearly as a helicopter from other angles.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Playing Devil's advocate, it seems to me that the fireworks display last night was quite extravagant. Almost too much. You know, if someone just happened to be worried about unidentified flying objects showing up above the opening ceremony, pyrotechnics seem like the most obvious and effective way of clouding the sky. Lots of smoke after all of those explosions. I'll be interested to see how the rest of the Olympics plays out. My rational side tells me nothing strange will happen. No "terrorist" attacks or alien invasions or anything even close to it. But the side of me that includes my intuition has my spidey-sense a-tingling.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why is this even up for debate...and why are some of you acting irrational and completely insane?? It was a damned blimp!!!

I guess some of you were not watching the NBC coverage when they SAID that there was a blimp over the stadium, right before they switched to the aerial video shots.....and before the fireworks. They switched to the blimp cam several times prior to the last hour of the opening ceremony.

jesus christ.....some of you are truly nuts. Un-be-lievable.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: protein in my pants

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
www.goodyearblimp.co.uk...

The Goodyear Blimp has recently undergone a quick costume change and will be gracing the skies once again as it provides aerial coverage of the London Olympic Games 2012.
We’re very excited and honoured to be providing a bird’s eye view of this phenomenal sporting event. As Goodyear is not an official sponsor of the Olympics, the blimp will fly unbranded for the duration of the Games.

Case closed. Nothing to see here, folks.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join