It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a UFO over 2012 Olympic opening ceremony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

this official 'blimp tracker' confirms a blimp is over London at the moment.

www.goodyearblimp.co.uk...

Cool. Thanks!
I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not the Blimp was or wasn't over the Olympics though. But that's a nifty tracker though.

But UFOs HAVE been known, in the past, to pass by when other man-made objects are near-by too.. I'm just adding that fun-filled fact :up

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Human_Alien

Where's the proof it was a blimp?

Have you read the thread (not sarcasm)? You know the Goodyear blimp is there like it always is at the Olympics, right? Why would you even doubt that this is the blimp?

Because I'm aware of OP's work and.............I'm living in the year 2012 where up is down.

I am not so much doubting it's the blimp. I am simply asking.......besides "assuming it's the blimp" what else you got?

First, the video is not "The OP's work". Set aside your bias if you will and look at the facts here alone. If you know the blimp is there to cover the Olympics then why on Earth would you believe it's anything else? It looks like the blimp, it acts like the blimp.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DBCooper71

Yes.

And yes, it is a blimp.

Ok I see your a man of few words, any chance of you saying which sighting stumped you the most.....I'm genuinely interested too know.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

First, the video is not "The OP's work". Set aside your bias if you will and look at the facts here alone. If you know the blimp is there to cover the Olympics then why on Earth would you believe it's anything else? It looks like the blimp, it acts like the blimp.

My bias is one thing. My questioning OPs talents are another.
I do NOT know this is a UFO. I also do NOT know that this was the Blimp.

I can ASSUME it was the Blimp because the Blimp was scheduled to be there. I can also ASSUME it MIGHT be a UFO because it was rumored long before the game began too.

That's not bias. If anything I'm neutral and being a non know-it-all.

I assumed life was the way I was told and taught. That changed in one night!
I have never (or at least, try not to) assume again.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Because of all the VIPs I thought there was a strict no fly zone over the stadium during the opening

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

None in particular.

The problem is that often a lack of sufficient information and a reliance on eyewitness testimony often makes it impossible to offer "mundane" explanations. This does not mean that a UFO is unidentifiable or unexplainable or extraterrestrial. It just means that there is not enough information.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
Because of all the VIPs I thought there was a strict no fly zone over the stadium during the opening

Not to mention all the anti aircraft missiles they have ready all over the place. Maybe they got paid enough from goodyear to allow an exception.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

None in particular.

The problem is that often a lack of sufficient information and a reliance on eyewitness testimony often makes it impossible to offer "mundane" explanations. This does not mean that a UFO is unidentifiable or unexplainable or extraterrestrial. It just means that there is not enough information.

I understand that, the thing is, although I'm a bit of a sceptic myself due to lack of evidence, there's a little part of me that thinks maybe we are being visited, who knows for sure right? theres got to be something out there?
So I was wondering if ATS's ultimate sceptic has ever come across a sighting and thougt "now thats weird"?.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have to disagree with you Phage, it's obviously swamp gas from the Thames or maybe the Chinese brought a huge Chinese Lantern with them

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

thougt "now thats weird"?.

Yes. More than once.
But keeping in mind the above, I'm fine leaving it with that unless and until more information is provided.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The blimp is there to film for NBC news. So we should see a blimp like UFO over the olympic stadium every single night .

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

It wasn't over the stadium. Not directly.

Unless you're in London you won't see it unless they point a camera at it. But if you are in London you're pretty certain to see it.
edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I can ASSUME it was the Blimp because the Blimp was scheduled to be there.

Is that really an assumption? How much proof do you need here? You know it's there, the object looks like the blimp and moves like the blimp. Your desire for more proof than that seems to me to be in stark contrast to your usual willingness to believe virtually anything that can be called a "ufo" to be alien in nature.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Let's not forget that it sounds like the blimp.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm sure some of them would say that's just part of the disguise.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well it's definitely hanging around the stadium.

Goodyear have pictures of it on their own web pages at the Olympics for anyone that still doubts. I'm pretty sure they know their own blimp when they see it!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

He probably meant that some will enter the games,but he didn't say which part and disguise?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I can ASSUME it was the Blimp because the Blimp was scheduled to be there.

Is that really an assumption? How much proof do you need here? You know it's there, the object looks like the blimp and moves like the blimp. Your desire for more proof than that seems to me to be in stark contrast to your usual willingness to believe virtually anything that can be called a "ufo" to be alien in nature.

What would you call it?

Were YOU there? Or.....do you have a close up (of this particular object) that says "Good Year" or anything that would put this to rest?

Thought not.

So you are assuming.
I'm merely questioning.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm sure some of them would say that's just part of the disguise.

So now....not only can Phage detect things by just looking at them via his computer monitor, he can hear them too!

That's not fair. You clearly have a greater advantage than us minion members.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join