It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Focus on the Past, Don't Focus on the Future, Focus on Now(a loved ones death and a dream)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
About a decade ago when I was in college I lost one of the most unique and best friends I've ever had. He died trying to help some motorists involved in a crash. A drunk driver tried to drive around the traffic caused by the crash and ran over my friend, the original accident victims he was trying to save as well as the other responders.

Two years passed and I had accepted his death and finished mourning already. I didn't forget him but life goes on and at this point I had said goodbye...so he didn't pop into my head often. One night, I was in my college apartment , I was feeling really depressed because I was having a rough time with my classes, finances and my long time girlfriend and I had recently split. I really didn't have time or desire to read anything other than my coursework at the time, so I wasn't reading sites like ATS or anything and hadn't been for years before or after. I was not in a good place in general and especially that night. Obviously I was sleeping horribly due to the stress but this night in particular I slept like a baby for the first time since I had split with my gf(~2months).

The dream I had on this night stands out as so powerful and so unique that I don't think I'll ever forget it. I've had dreams of traumatic events in the past and even people I've lost but this one was different it was aware...it was more real than me typing this right now. It's the only experience I've ever had that felt like this in my whole life.

It started with him approaching me, we had a brief greeting...like old friends reuniting.

He then told me he didn't have a long time before I woke up and/or before he had to go. He told me, "You can't focus on the past, you can't focus on the future, you need to work on yourself and focus on the now." He repeated it several times as if to embed the message. He said it different ways with each repetition.

"You can't worry about the past as it's happened and you can only learn from it, you can't stress about the future as the only way to dictate the future is to focus on the now"

"Focus on the now, it manipulates the future and becomes it, the past is done and should be remembered but not used to dwell or be sad about rather to learn from."

Then I woke up and I remembered the whole thing. I had such a strong feeling inside me that it changed my whole direction and I pretty much did a 180. I was able to pick myself up and really change my life immediately after the dream. I can't explain it to this day as I haven't experienced anything like it since.

**I'm not trying to convince you of anything or generate debate, I just wanted to share an experience that was very powerful for me. Take from it what you will.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

He then told me he didn't have a long time before I woke up and/or before he had to go. He told me, "You can't focus on the past, you can't focus on the future, you need to work on yourself and focus on the now."

It's good that you've found inspiration, no matter where it originated from. But, let me ask, if you can think on what your friend was like, would he have said something like this? You dreamt this, so it was in your own mind. Is this piece of motivation something you would have said to someone else, and it just happened to be you that needed to hear it?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Beautiful. The very meaning of providence. There is nothing to worry about, we are all united in the spirit place. We all hold the keys to wisdom if we should be so open to it. We were always dreaming, we are always dreaming...

Just beautiful.

Love and Light always my friend, and to your friend...may he travel intrepidly in the Light, on and on.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

He then told me he didn't have a long time before I woke up and/or before he had to go. He told me, "You can't focus on the past, you can't focus on the future, you need to work on yourself and focus on the now."

It's good that you've found inspiration, no matter where it originated from. But, let me ask, if you can think on what your friend was like, would he have said something like this? You dreamt this, so it was in your own mind. Is this piece of motivation something you would have said to someone else, and it just happened to be you that needed to hear it?

Like I said before, it's the oddest experience I've ever had. I can't explain it, no I don't think I would have said it as I didn't ever think like that. He was unique, hard to tell if he would have said it or not.

I take it you are an atheist and think we are just flesh and bones with a brain controlling functions, there is nothing else happening with the energy? That's why it was all within my mind?

I used to think like you but this was outside what you are getting at, you don't need to believe it and I don't expect you to. Your patronizing methods aren't necessary either. Thanks for trying to offer your opinion though.

**I'm not trying to convince you of anything or generate debate just wanted to share an experience that was very powerful for me. Take from it what you will.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That is inspirational and very true. Your friend must have been a pretty smart guy. I firmly believe in signs and messages coming from different places, people, and things. Sometimes we get an epiphany so brilliant it makes us do precisely what you said you did. I consider these to be a blessing.

A lot of times in life we are sidetracked, thrown way off course, roughed up, and even selfishly do things we know aren't good for us or those around us. It is good to have a wake up call to remind us that every day is a new one, and we should live it to the fullest.

Thanks for sharing your moment in time with the rest of us!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Like I said before, it's the oddest experience I've ever had. I can't explain it, no I don't think I would have said it as I didn't ever think like that. He was unique, hard to tell if he would have said it or not.

I take it you are an atheist and think we are just flesh and bones with a brain controlling functions, there is nothing else happening with the energy? That's why it was all within my mind?

I used to think like you but this was outside what you are getting at, you don't need to believe it and I don't expect you to. Your patronizing methods aren't necessary either. Thanks for trying to offer your opinion though.

**I'm not trying to convince you of anything or generate debate just wanted to share an experience that was very powerful for me. Take from it what you will.

Patronizing? I thought I was being polite. Sometimes when I'm down I also get inspiration from a dream or from a conversation from someone that gave me the right information out of the blue. But I don't assign any mystical magical force behind it. If this is what you are suggesting, then where are all the dead friends of the rich and powerful, appearing in dreams to tell them to shape the hell up, to help the world and stop being so selfish?

No, THESE people don't get dream messages, but YOU do. So, I won't patronize you when I say, Don't be so self-centered, and GET REAL!

Edited to add: I love you, man! lol
edit on 7/28/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Patronizing? I thought I was being polite. Sometimes when I'm down I also get inspiration from a dream or from a conversation from someone that gave me the right information out of the blue. But I don't assign any mystical magical force behind it. If this is what you are suggesting, then where are all the dead friends of the rich and powerful, appearing in dreams to tell them to shape the hell up, to help the world and stop being so selfish?

No, THESE people don't get dream messages, but YOU do. So, I won't patronize you when I say, Don't be so self-centered, and GET REAL!

Yeah, you completely missed the point. 100% oblivious to the message...It's okay though, thanks for your input. Have a good one sir!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Yeah, you completely missed the point. 100% oblivious to the message...It's okay though, thanks for your input. Have a good one sir!

The message? Is it that someone from the great beyond felt it so important to move heaven and hell to tell you to live for today?

Ever notice that all the messages from other dimensions contain information that can found right here and right now? Live for today. Love is the answer. Don't pee in your milk...

The information is never how to neutralize all the weapons of war, or how to clean spent fuel rods so we don't have to bury them and wait 100,000 years for them to be safe?

Kind of amazing, eh?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The message? Is it that someone from the great beyond felt it so important to move heaven and hell to tell you to live for today?

Ever notice that all the messages from other dimensions contain information that can found right here and right now? Live for today. Love is the answer. Don't pee in your milk...

The information is never how to neutralize all the weapons of war, or how to clean spent fuel rods so we don't have to bury them and wait 100,000 years for them to be safe?

Kind of amazing, eh?

Wow I was explaining a dream I had which was very powerful for me as it pertained to my best friend who died. I wasn't trying to get people to join a cult or anything...really? It's not about ego or special abilities...You have to make it something it's not which is negative...you are pathetic. Wow...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Kind of amazing, eh?

Wow I was explaining a dream I had which was very powerful for me as it pertained to my best friend who died. I wasn't trying to get people to join a cult or anything...really? It's not about ego or special abilities...You have to make it something it's not which is negative...you are pathetic. Wow...

The message you got from your dream is: Live for today. This is something only a young teen would find profound. Since you needed to expound on this simplest of enlightenments in a long-winded post you must be claiming it to be somewhat miraculous. And ***I*** am the pathetic one here? I'm done. The water here can't get any more shallow here.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Kind of amazing, eh?

The message you got from your dream is: Live for today. This is something only a young teen would find profound. Since you needed to expound on this simplest of enlightenments in a long-winded post you must be claiming it to be somewhat miraculous. And ***I*** am the pathetic one here? I'm done. The water here can't get any more shallow here.

I can't find words for your twisted ignorance and lack of ability to understand respect even if you don't necessarily believe or agree with me when it comes to my friend. I'm 30 years old, you're the one acting like a child...if you were mature you would swallow your pride and respect another experience. Doesn't matter how old you are, you have shown your form, it lacks respect...good luck sir. Grow up, I don't care if your 15 or 80 you have a long way to go.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Kind of amazing, eh?

I can't find words for your twisted ignorance and lack of ability to understand respect even if you don't necessarily believe or agree with me when it comes to my friend. I'm 30 years old, you're the one acting like a child...if you were mature you would swallow your pride and respect another experience. Doesn't matter how old you are, you have shown your form, it lacks respect...good luck sir. Grow up, I don't care if your 15 or 80 you have a long way to go.

Again, like a child you blew up over a sincere post. This is all your doing.
So, keep dreaming those dreams. Maybe the next time you sleep someone will tell you to drink lots of water. OOOH!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Kind of amazing, eh?

So, keep dreaming those dreams. Maybe the next time you sleep someone will tell you to drink lots of water. OOOH!

You really think you have to impose your opinion into these rare dreams,,,how sad....GL

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Kind of amazing, eh?

You really think you have to impose your opinion into these rare dreams,,,how sad....GL

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great thread, i guess you needed advice so your friend came to your rescue.
When we dream our soul is free, the brain is sleeping, the soul is free to explore and sometimes friends are visited.

Nice message!

top topics

join