It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is coming for your guns!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So which Romney did you listen to?

Romney flays Kennedy on crime bill Says tinkering by senator, panel ruined measure
[City Edition]

Boston Globe (pre-1997 Fulltext) - Boston, Mass.
Author: Scot Lehigh, Globe Staff
Date: Aug 16, 1994
Start Page: 21
Section: METRO/REGION
Text Word Count: 531

Abstract (Document Summary)
In a campaign swing through Lawrence and Lowell, Republican senatorial hopeful Mitt [Romney] yesterday stepped up his criticism of US Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's role in the congressional crime bill, charging Kennedy had worked behind closed doors to weaken a tough bill.

Romney said the best way the federal government can help communities like Lowell and Lawrence fight crime is by providing money for police and prisons. But only $15.3 billion of the $33 billion conference committee bill went for those purposes, Romney said.

Romney said the Congress should reassemble a bill that would include the assault weapons ban, the four provisions he blamed Kennedy for killing in conference, the $15.3 billion in funding for police officers, prisons and boot camps, an expanded death penalty, a "three-strikes-and-you're-out law," and $1.8 billion to fight violence against women.

Reproduced with permission of the copyright owner. Further reproduction or distribution is prohibited without permission.]

And Romney blammed a Democrat for weakening his tough stance on guns. Not to mention his expansion of the police officers, prisons and boot camps, an expanded death penalty, a "three-strikes-and-you're-out law," and $1.8 billion to fight violence against women.
Which Romney will be next to say some thing? The one who takes your guns is ready for his turn again!!

edit on 30-7-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
Mitt Romney is too stupid to take our guns................But Obama isnt..

Trying to take guns away from Americans might be stupid all in itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You dont need to drag in his religion to paint him as a grabber.

His history is one of grabbing.

He signed an AWB into law and keeps spouting off "common sense" garbage.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Back when it helped Mitt to be more liberal he said his views didn't align with the NRA's and so the NRA supported the Dem running against him. He also supported banning assault weapons. I don't need to say it, but he's a mod and a flip flopper. He's playing all these republican lemmings.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Let's take a little look at his past actions, and maybe have an inside on his future actions.
worldtvnews.com...

“A TAX ON ALL GUN OWNERS”

"In 2003, the Romney administration quadrupled the state’s firearms license renewal fee – raising it from $25 to $100 per year, according to the Quincy Patriot Ledger newspaper’s report from Sept. 2003, the McCain research said.

“James Wallace, spokesman for the Gun Owners Action League, said his organization considers the state firearm registration fee – which Romney proposes raising … to be a tax on the 200,000 state residents who hold firearm identification cards,” the Boston Globe reported in February 2003, according to the McCain report."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

That has to be the dumbest justification for supporting the lesser evil I have ever seen. Romney and Obama are both equally willing and capable. They are one in the same. Do you sincerely think Mitt is too "stupid" to impose gun control? You are aware that that's ridiculous and presidents don't pull all the strings themselves. He will do what benefits he and his friends most. He does have advisors you know?

Vote RP 2012

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow this is news to me. I know that people promised Obama would come for our guns, but that has not happened. And all the predictions that did not come true about Obama coming for our guns.

Romney is actually more liberal than our wonderful president Obama, which is why Romney has already lost the 2016 election.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Jesus said "sell your garment and buy a sword (weapon)." The Mormons say "build up your storehouse and prepare for the endtimes." I would remind Mr, Romney that if Jesus was here today he would tell us to prepare by buying a weapon to protect your family from that which is about to happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Jesus said "sell your garment and buy a sword (weapon)." The Mormons say "build up your storehouse and prepare for the endtimes." I would remind Mr, Romney that if Jesus was here today he would tell us to prepare by buying a weapon to protect your family from that which is about to happen.

And thank you Obama for following the path of Jesus and not taking our guns.

Thank you Obama for protecting our constitutional rights.

Thank you Obama for again siding with the American people.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PromiseKept2016

Wow!, I mean what just hit me? I'm still stunned.

Romney is actually more liberal than our wonderful president Obama, which is why Romney has already lost the 2016 election.
If you have the time, would you explain Romney being more liberal than Obama? Liberals making donations make them to Obama, Conservatives make theirs to Romney. Are they confused?

And why are you worried about the 2016 election?

And how can Obama be so wonderful if his approval rating is under 50%?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join