It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays conversation with a Syrian...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is a Syrian who owns a shop down the road from me today and we had a conversation. I was with a very like minded person with me today and we started having a conversation with the store owner. We asked him where he was from and he said Syria. The first thing he said was,

"You guys are over there killing my people."

Myself and my friend looked at each in agreement and amazement. We went on to have a conversation about how Jews and Muslims get along fine and what we see in the media is not true. So i told him i thought that we are fighting a proxy war with Russia, he agreed. He then went on to tell me that its not only Russia but China as well and it is more then what we are seeing on TV.

So im not a big WW3 monger but i have to say, after that conversation i am really considering it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Actually, they are killing themselves, but yes "we" have enabled them in more then 1 way.
Russia, China, United States are all watching from behind their borders.
They're using an old tactic with new means. It was purely psychological.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but last time I checked, WE were not sending fleets of Russian helecopter gunships to Syria to kill citizens.
Blame Russia, China and Iran! The U.S. has very little influence in Syria.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Where are you saying this from and what are your sources?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I just had a conversation about this with someone today too, and we concluded the same things! I feel the entire ME is caught in a proxy war between the big 3. Libya, Egypt, Tunisia... the whole "Arab Spring" seems to be no different then what happened in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Brazil, Ecuador, El Salvador, Bolivia, Chile, Panama... throughout the mid-late 20th century. It's all about keeping these areas destabilized through coups d'etat and supporting/supplying militant groups and civil uprisings. Then we plant in militaristic dictators like Saddam and Mubarak and Gaddhafi... to keep dissent down as we attempt economic/geopolitical takeover in the area, all while we steal resources and money. It always ends messy and with a lot of bloodshed. I feel there is a real possibility Syria could be a similar deal.

top topics

join