It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban survival scenario.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Your in your work place (lets say an office)...the city your in is very large and your stuck in the busy part of it,its 10.45am and news comes into your office that a massive terrorist cell has sprung up over 30 car bombs have exploded in a chain reaction all over the city you look out of the office window and plooms of smoke are springing up in the distance.
As people in the office are grouping up and watching the news unfold on TV you hear them repeating the news and talking about how awful the scenes are...you go to your desk and reach for your B.O.B fully kitted out (apart from firearms).
You over hear now that the terrorist cell has an estimated 100 active rebels that have been shooting people with no thought at all ...there on a killing spree.
Yout boss is telling everyone to stay in the office but your wife is at home with your 4 year old son and you know its not safe for them.

More news now as several more cells in cities and towns are starting there wave of terror.....a train is hi-jacked and blown up killing 46 people.....in another town 2 female terrorists have blown themselves up in a hospital...the news stations can't keep up and things have only just started...

Your goal is to get to your family..(31 miles away), you don't drive you come to work on the train everyday but public transport is off limits....cops are everywhere suspicious of everyone !

how you gonna get home?

E

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I would simply tell myself to wake up.
Knowing that I did not have a firearm within arms reach would have to be a nitemare, there is never a time I am away from one.
I'd walk till I found a bike to steal.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Look for an abandoned vehicale, and steal it...get to your childrens location(s), next go to wife's last known position, if not there proceed to planned Bug out Location (BoL).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Knowing that I did not have a firearm within arms reach would have to be a nitemare, there is never a time I am away from one.

For this scenario you haven't got a gun....

E

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
sounds like a cool movie ,

I would go to the police and tell them i have information leading to the capture of the ones responsible for this national terrorism event. I would tell them i had a suspicious character come to my home , and have a camera set up to record strangers coming in . So perhaps i can aid them in their investigation , but i must get home to access the video recorder , as my online feed went offline.

I get home ,and say sorry officer , i lied lol .

if not that , then carjack someone force them with a real or fake weapon to drive and go aslong as it takes.

three , i would walk , run , spring , rollerblade w/e it takes

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Look for an abandoned vehicale, and steal it...get to your childrens location(s), next go to wife's last known position, if not there proceed to planned Bug out Location (BoL).

You can't drive.....(im trying to make it hard to get home)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
(wife)

+

(terrorist)

=

(me going home)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
(wife)

+

(terrorist)

=

(me going home)

HAHAHAHA thats awesome!!!!!

E

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Negative you said "You Don't Drive" which does not mean that you can not drive...

Beside most cars now days are automatic..and not many people at this point will be concerned with traffic violations...so go ahead and drive even if you don't know how. This is your family you are worried about, survival of the fittest, get to them and protect them.

Covering a few miles (in a few minutes) and then breaking you stolen car is better than attempting to walk a the same few miles in hours...
edit on 27-7-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Your in your work place (lets say an office)

Find a knife or something sharp.

...the city your in is very large and your stuck in the busy part of it,its 10.45am and news comes into your office that a massive terrorist cell has sprung up over 30 car bombs have exploded in a chain reaction all over the city you look out of the office window and plooms of smoke are springing up in the distance.

Tell everyone to stay together, remain calm, turn off the lights, lock the door. Close the blinds etc..
Two men guard the door, take turns watching every 30 minutes for maximum awareness,
preferably barricade it if possible.

As people in the office are grouping up and watching the news unfold on TV you hear them repeating the news and talking about how awful the scenes are...you go to your desk and reach for your B.O.B fully kitted out (apart from firearms).

You want to carry light, if possible, nothing at all, just temporarily, considering the scenario.
You need to be light on your feet for the time being.

You over hear now that the terrorist cell has an estimated 100 active rebels that have been shooting people with no thought at all ...there on a killing spree.

This is where it gets tricky, speaking for myself, if I'M put into a situation where people are in the process of dying within the same environment, then I will force myself to understand that moment that if I DON'T risk my life ,it will all be for nothing. I'm not saying I would become Rambo or anything, but I would certainly put on a game face.

If you encounter one or more of those terrorists, you'd want to isolate them and engage them close and fast.

Your boss is telling everyone to stay in the office but your wife is at home with your 4 year old son and you know its not safe for them.

Go, slowly, every step you take has a purpose.

More news now as several more cells in cities and towns are starting there wave of terror.....a train is hi-jacked and blown up killing 46 people.....in another town 2 female terrorists have blown themselves up in a hospital...the news stations can't keep up and things have only just started...

There's nothing you can do about it. Keep moving. Maintain visuals, stay out of vital strategic points of access.
Watch your corners. Crawl, climb, run, walk when you need to. There's really no other option.
You die trying.

Your goal is to get to your family..(31 miles away), you don't drive you come to work on the train everyday but public transport is off limits....cops are everywhere suspicious of everyone !

So did they blow up the Telecommunications network?
Is that why I can't call and simply tell them to meet somewhere?

edit on 27-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Negative you said "You Don't Drive" which does not mean that you can not drive...

Beside most cars now days are automatic..and not many people at this point will be concerned with traffic violations...so go ahead and drive even if you don't know how. This is your family you are worried about, survival of the fittest, get to them and protect them.

Covering a few miles (in a few minutes) and then breaking you stolen car is better than attempting to walk a the same few miles in hours...

ok for this ....you don't know your ass from your elbow when it comes to driving a car....so thats that covered....

E

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Already a couple of people will steal a bike or a car to get home.
Don't do attempt that act with my equipment if you want to make it home in one piece.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Your in your work place (lets say an office)

Find a knife or something sharp.

...the city your in is very large and your stuck in the busy part of it,its 10.45am and news comes into your office that a massive terrorist cell has sprung up over 30 car bombs have exploded in a chain reaction all over the city you look out of the office window and plooms of smoke are springing up in the distance.

Tell everyone to stay together, remain calm, turn off the lights, lock the door. Close the blinds etc..
Two men guard the door, take turns watching every 30 minutes for maximum awareness,
preferably barricade it if possible.

You want to carry light, if possible, nothing at all, just temporarily, considering the scenario.
You need to be light on your feet for the time being.

This is where it gets tricky, speaking for myself, if I'M put into a situation where people are in the process of dying within the same environment, then I will force myself to understand that moment that if I DON'T risk my life ,it will all be for nothing. I'm not saying I would become Rambo or anything, but I would certainly put on a game face.

If you encounter one or more of those terrorists, you'd want to isolate them and engage them close and fast.

Your boss is telling everyone to stay in the office but your wife is at home with your 4 year old son and you know its not safe for them.

Go, slowly, every step you take has a purpose.

There's nothing you can do about it. Keep moving. Maintain visuals, stay out of vital strategic points of access.
Watch your corners. Crawl, climb, run, walk when you need to. There's really no other option.
You die trying.

So did they blow up the Telecommunications network?
Is that why I can't call and simply tell them to meet somewhere?

edit on 27-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

Cell phones are working...yes you could call...
E

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Greetings ATS , this is my first post i will make an introduction later , its well over bedtime here
but in the meanwhile : Greetings

In this so called Urban survival scenario i would call my wife via cellphone to block the doors with anything she can manage and then only to open only on a specific password.
The trip home i would cover by foot , running or slowly sneaking depending on possible danger , its your town so you probably know places that could be *terrorist hotspots* wich you can try to avoid .
The country i live in has very strickt gun policy so i would not be strapped , in that case i would use something as a club but never to engage armed men with Ak's or rpg's , just to defend in last stand scenario's in very tight quarters .
But also local law enforcement that is seeing a tall dude running around with a club in this state of emergency will probably open fire much faster.
If i would make it home , yell the password give the biggest hug ever to my wife and baby block the door and probably sit it out.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ok...

1. Call my significant other (as of now, I'm single, although I have a dog). Tell her to stay put.

2. Run down to the break room, fill up some water bottles, grab some food.

3. Go back to my office, sit down and wait.

4. Entire debacle over in 2-3 days.

5. Go home.

100 terrorists and 30 car bombs is too minor. The Nat'l Guard will be called in, not to mention the Sheriff, Local PD from just about every town surrounding the city, Coast Guard, etc. This will be happening in most cities.
edit on 27-7-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
With that exact scenario, I'd have the wife and kid stay at home and blockade for the time being, and tell them not to expect me back until I contact them again - they'll probably be safer than where I am if they are at home and I'm in the city. I'd then stay in the office or find a potentially secure area to lay low at first and get a better idea of the situation. Closer to the action also means more reliable info and if things get really bad then I can tell the family to get as far away as possible. It's not always the case that they're safer waiting for me, they may need to get the f#$# out of town first. Besides the streets are probably crazy at that time and a lot of the fatalities etc. will probably happen within the first 12 hours.

Having said that, for many people the scenario may be the wife is at work as well and the kid is at school. That complicates things a lot more. If that were the case, I'd have my wife and myself burning a trail to the school and to rendezvous there and then decide the next move. I wouldn't see another option to start with. The children are obviously the most vulnerable.

Best thing to do though is to actually rehearse / run-through with the family certain scenarios and what to do before it happens. Everything from a natural disaster, terrorist attack, to things like home invasions, etc...it's good to have these things out in the open and hope it never happens but at least be more mentally prepared if it does.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

ok for this ....you don't know your ass from your elbow when it comes to driving a car....so thats that covered....

E

Not at all..I will still hijack a vehicle so i can get to my loved ones. If you cant figure out in a minute or two how to drive a vehicle...well then maybe you should die?

There are many things in a survival situation that you wont know how to do, but as a survivalist that shouldn't stop you from doing what needs to be done.

I notice you are placing restrictions on "available means" I can only assume it is because you have a point to make, although I am unsure of what that point is.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

For this scenario you haven't got a gun....

E

Ok, then I would build a gun, I know how to do that, then the rest of what I said.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

E

Not at all..I will still hijack a vehicle so i can get to my loved ones. If you cant figure out in a minute or two how to drive a vehicle...well then maybe you should die?

There are many things in a survival situation that you wont know how to do, but as a survivalist that shouldn't stop you from doing what needs to be done.

I notice you are placing restrictions on "available means" I can only assume it is because you have a point to make, although I am unsure of what that point is.

If you can't drive then maybe you should die?????????????????????????????
E

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
theoretically as dont live anywhere near a city ...
would already have exited at the sound of the first blast and started making my way home .. have no need of firearm as confident in my skill with martial arts ... quite easy to avoid contact with people and cover ground in an urban envireonment on foot - always familiar with my surroundings and aware at all times of who and what is around me .. wouldnt have lived this long if wasnt...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join