It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN fails to reach deal on global arms trade treaty, as US asks for more time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

" 7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms. "

That about Sums it Up in a Nutshell concerning Firearms . Those who Disagree with that are either Petty Wannabe Dictators themselves or Misguided Worthless Pieces of Human Flesh , AKA .... COWARDS .......

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was especially wary of Art. 11 concerning reporting, record-keeping, and transparency.

I have a feeling that if America gives the UN an inch regarding our 2A, they will take a mile.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Maybe they need more time for Freedom Group to buy more gun manufacturers?
Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturers

George Soros and his company "The Freedom Group" Buying Guns and Ammo Manufacturers

edit on 28-7-2012 by ColeCash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeCash
Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturersGeorge Soros and his company "The Freedom Group" Buying Guns and Ammo Manufacturers

Good reference

everybody needs to read that thread !!

interesting and alarming.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeCash
Mystery company buying up U.S. gun manufacturers

George Soros and his company "The Freedom Group" Buying Guns and Ammo Manufacturers

Update on the "Freedom Group"

They are real.

Freedom Group is an American firearms manufacturer holding company which has acquired notable brands such as Bushmaster, DPMS, and Remington Arms.[3]

Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity investment firm.

The Freedom group

Companies

Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
Bushmaster Firearms International
Dakota Arms
DPMS Panther Arms
H & R Firearms
Marlin
Mountain Khakis
Para USA[4]
Parker Gunmakers
Remington Arms
Remington Military
Remington LE
Remington PMPD

Hmmm.

This could be good and it could be bad.

Good = less interference by laws ?

Bad = easier to dismantle the system ?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Steve Feinberg.
founder and head of Cerberus Capital Management.

Feinberg has been at the helm of the firm since its founding. Later alliances with J. Ezra Merkin were important for raising capital. Subsequent hirings of former politicians and lobbyists John Snow, Dan Quayle and others have served as door-openers in Washington and abroad.
J. Ezra Merkin

Textis a former money manager and financier. He was a close business associate of Bernard Madoff, and is alleged to have played a significant part in the Madoff fraud.

Not at all suspicious.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is good. Starred and flagged.

Let's hope they don't try, which they will, another even dirtier tactic to ban, or even further restrict the use of firearms in the U.S.A.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

There you go... Eventually, the dirty way to get rid of firearms in the U.S.A.

George Soros should be put in prison sinply because it is a known fact that that ahole is a gun-grabber, and he is buying fiream companies?...

For what reason would a gun-grabber buy firearm companies?...

Friday, 06 July 2012 15:12
Soros Promotes UN Control Over Gun Ownership
Written by Joe Wolverton, II

George Soros is financing the fight to give the United Nations control of your guns.

Through his Media Matters organization, Soros is dumping pro-UN gun control propaganda into the mainstream media to coincide with the United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty being held in New York July 2–27.

In a blog post published on July 3, Timothy Johnson of Media Matters describes the notion that the United Nations would ever try to take away the right of Americans to keep and bear arms “laughable.”

Johnson goes on to promote the passage of the UN’s Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) as a means of “curtailing the illicit arms trade” and thus cracking down on those who use these weapons to deny others their “human rights.”

The blog post assures citizens concerned about the potential eradication of the rights guaranteed in the Second Amendment to the Constitution that they have nothing to fear from the UN’s gun control treaty.

Top officials from the United Nations, the United States, and other high profile supporters have repeatedly and clearly said that the treaty does not aim to restrict anyone's "freedom to own" a gun. Indeed, the UN General Assembly's resolution on the treaty makes clear that countries will "exclusively" maintain the right within their borders to "regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on private ownerships."

Constitutionalists will instantly notice a couple of red flags raised by Media Matters’ word choice.

First, there need be no quotation marks around the phrase freedom to own a gun. Americans should enjoy the unqualified right to bear arms and it is not some antiquated idea or some unicorn-like mythical creature that requires special punctuational treatment. Americans are well aware that an unarmed citizenry is easier to subdue and will rightly resist all efforts to abridge that right.

Second, the citizens of the United States do not need the permission of the United Nations to maintain the “exclusive” right to own a gun. This right, as with all others protected by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, comes from God, not man, and may be neither given nor taken away by any government.

Undaunted, however, Soros will continue to use his mouthpieces to promote the globalist agenda, including the incremental dismantling of the U.S. Constitution and the sovereignty it protects.

thenewamerican.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by article
reply to post by xuenchen

I wonder why no one addressed the elephant in the room?

Why now? Why after this Colorado shooting? Why suddenly after all of these little "happenings" that just so happens to take place at the beginning untill the very end of this BS treaty.

It had to be planned in such a way.

I'm sorry, that's just way too much coinkidink for me to take as truth. Something else is going on here.. It just seems to obvious to not be a given.

This has been in the works for a while now so I actually think the Colorado shooting was planned to make it easier to pass the small arms treaty. The US didn't say 'no', just that they needed more time.

Which makes me think that the US was in this all along..

Sorry guys... Our people in the US really like their guns. Give it a lil more time... A few more false flags and we'll be able to pass any law we want..

This is exactly how I see it comming down.

The bill was spoken about 10 years ago, yes... but how many plans do you think are in action years after they are started.. There was some story some 40 something years ago that was floating around about a guy defecting from russia. When he got here, he told the powers in charge that the russians were planning to drop communism and all sorts of wild stories (untill they actually happened) as all part of a major plan to destroy and take over the US. It was all false actions (and georgia is an example... they arnt "really" supposed to be free... Only untill the US gets whats commin to them), every single bit of it planned, and laid out perfectly, infultrations of universities in the US to turn people communist and against one another.. They were supposed to do us in from the inside.. and the plan was going to take 40 something years before accomplished. The KGB supposedly had every bit (putin was kgb) planned down to every detail.

This info came out in either the late 60s or early 70s I think. I need to try to find this. It was a book in hard back, back then. It'll probably be very hard to find. Ive actually read some of this book back 20 years ago. Funny and scary thing is... Alot of that fella talked about stuck with me, because it was scary.. and even more so because it all seems to fit perfectly in a 10 year frame of time, these last 10 years, stuff taking place that we as americans would have never thought of. Wish I could remember the name. Anyone have a clue?

I mean, when I read this.. I thought, no way in hell will the wall come down.. No way possible russia will be a democracy. No way in hell china will follow.

heh Please someone know what book I am refering to... This guy had every scary lil detail in his book some 40 years ago that is taking place today.. Almost verbatum

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
the U.S. is not the U.N...they need to mind their own business and leave our country to US...

A lot of African countries have similar feelings, but it doesn't do any good. The U.N. is the new boss now.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Our founding fathers armed the republic for a reason. Ask any 'king' and, if he's honest, he will tell you what that reason is. Although, you probably already know.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Look at it this way.... the UN is trying to push their agenda on US citizens. Second amendment rights are at stake for all Americans. Americans of the 'United States of America' are a sovereign nation it's that simple, we are the world power, we will not be dictated to... 0bama is doing his best to give away all of America's accumulated wealth and distinction, well it AIN'T gonn'a work, just like prohibition didn't work. Americans will keep their weapons despite any laws demanding they give them up. And that is SOUND principal. The next couple decades will define the Modern America, and it will likely be closer to the beginnings of this nations laws and practices. The united nations will ultimately become irrelevant as powerful nations tell them to bug off. China, Russia and India come to mind....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surtur
Everyone needs to be ready for the hell storm that approaches us.

You got that right. Sooner or later [they,] our government, through the UN probably, will make a full force attempt to seize our guns. The minute that happens, war will be declared, States will Secede, Society will collapse. I fear this will be preceded with a False Flag Event, and that one or more of our major cities will be destroyed...by 'domestic terrorists."

It would be a Fool's Game to attempt a weapons seizure on American Citizens.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

A bit of context and background on that quote.

www.monticello.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Stuff Gun Control in Internet Control Bill - Nice Magic Trick!

Another excellent video by Linda West. Basically the gun control didn't pan out, so they are now using an Internet Control Bill (which isn't too popular either) to, surprise, surprise, add some strangely incongruent clauses about:

Gun Control.

Its a joke, I guess they thought no one would notice this, eh?

thehill.com...
edit on 30-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join