It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farm Wars: Farmers Spray Milk On Brussels!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wow, farmers are so darned creative! They not only know how to get cows to produce milk, they know how to hit the slime buckets with the milk. The folks from Rawsome should have offered some fresh dairy to their kidnappers. And maybe some cow chips.

London Telegraph: Over 2,500 farmers from across the EU blockaded the area outside the European Union’s headquarters, burning tires and hay outside an emergency meeting of farm ministers. They drove hundreds of tractors to the centre of Brussels and covered the streets in milk and manure. Farmers angered by collapsing milk prices demonstrated in Brussels on Monday, pelting police with bottles and chickens and spraying officers with milk directly from a cow’s udders.

Okay, so this protest happened in 2009. Who heard anything about it? It should become a tradition.

www.blacklistedradio.com...

edit on 27-7-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

you know things are bad when the farmer is protesting!

i hope the bad guys stop messing with the farmers! (whatever that messing with, may be.)

peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Thats a funny story... thank you, it made me laugh!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by frazzle

Thats a funny story... thank you, it made me laugh!

You're welcome. it made me laugh too. Protests with probiotics!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There really throwing chickens at them? I guess there live chickens? Good to see farmers standing up for there rights, you know it has to be bad if they go here instead of tending there farms.

edit on 27-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by frazzle

you know things are bad when the farmer is protesting!

i hope the bad guys stop messing with the farmers! (whatever that messing with, may be.)

peace.

Farmers seem to be the first ones to notice when something's wrong. Like gambling on milk and cattle futures on Wall Street where no cows live? ~ oh, wait. And this all the while Wall Street is doing its damndest to put the farmers out of business?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
There really throwing chickens at them? I guess there live chickens? Good to see farmers standing up for there rights, you know it has to be bad if they go here instead of tending there farms.

edit on 27-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

They're standing up for our rights too. Well, at least those of us who drink milk.

I didn't see any chickens but that would have been good. Especially some old bad tempered roosters still sporting their spurs.

Oh jeez, I missed the chicken reference in the story, I was laughing too hard over the picture.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

lol... One of my roosters got me once... I had a HUGE nasty bruise that covered my entire thigh!

I ate him that night.... he made a very nice soup!

He would have been a good addition to their demonstration.

sorry if this is off topic!

edit on 27-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I see most comments on here agreeing or cheering them on. Why? Did no one read the article? Farmers are angry cause the price of milk is going down? Do you not realize if they get their way it will hurt you personally through the pocketbook?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
I see most comments on here agreeing or cheering them on. Why? Did no one read the article? Farmers are angry cause the price of milk is going down? Do you not realize if they get their way it will hurt you personally through the pocketbook?

The price to the farmers is going down. Have you checked the price on a gallon of milk lately? The farmers are getting stiffed and we are getting stiffed. Guess who isn't getting stiffed.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by frazzle

lol... One of my roosters got me once... I had a HUGE nasty bruise that covered my entire thigh!

I ate him that night.... he made a very nice soup!

He would have been a good addition to their demonstration.

sorry if this is off topic!

edit on 27-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

That's too funny. One of our turkeys nailed my dad in the back of the neck one time so he grabbed it by the legs and carried him out onto the dock and threw him as far as he could out into the lake. Tom did make it back to shore but my Mom wouldn't let Dad butcher it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
Wow, farmers are so darned creative! They not only know how to get cows to produce milk, they know how to hit the slime buckets with the milk. The folks from Rawsome should have offered some fresh dairy to their kidnappers. And maybe some cow chips.

London Telegraph: Over 2,500 farmers from across the EU blockaded the area outside the European Union’s headquarters, burning tires and hay outside an emergency meeting of farm ministers. They drove hundreds of tractors to the centre of Brussels and covered the streets in milk and manure. Farmers angered by collapsing milk prices demonstrated in Brussels on Monday, pelting police with bottles and chickens and spraying officers with milk directly from a cow’s udders.

Yes this should be everyday occurance. The day the U.S Gov intervenes in my family farm will be the day civil war is declared. There is nothing wrong with monitoring the use of young livestock but total withholdind and accountability is wrong. We grow many pigs that don;t meet MI standards for pork due to the new laws but we say f-them, they can take it and shove it. We will grow our own food no matter what. Even if we have to die defending our right to do so.

Okay, so this protest happened in 2009. Who heard anything about it? It should become a tradition.

www.blacklistedradio.com...

edit on 28/7/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There was something on the British news last week about the farmers getting screwed by supermarkets. Its actually COSTING THEM to produce milk and the supermarkets (who have all banded together to keep the prices down) are making an absolute profit from selling milk - Even though they were caught out for fixing the price of dairy products merely years ago.

Here is a Link

Driving farmers into bankruptcy, wonder why?
edit on 28-7-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Yes this should be everyday occurance. The day the U.S Gov intervenes in my family farm will be the day civil war is declared. There is nothing wrong with monitoring the use of young livestock but total withholdind and accountability is wrong. We grow many pigs that don;t meet MI standards for pork due to the new laws but we say f-them, they can take it and shove it. We will grow our own food no matter what. Even if we have to die defending our right to do so.

I agree in spirit, but what else would get done if we made it an everyday occurance? There's a lot of work to be done everyday on a farm and they know that.

I'm really happy to hear they didn't manage to kill all the pigs that don't meet their screwed up "standard" in Michigan, that was totally bogus and abusive and fundamentally unamerican. May there be thousands of new little piglets born on your farm and may you never have to die defending them and your right to raise them, butcher them, eat them and sell them to other pork lovers!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
There was something on the British news last week about the farmers getting screwed by supermarkets. Its actually COSTING THEM to produce milk and the supermarkets (who have all banded together to keep the prices down) are making an absolute profit from selling milk - Even though they were caught out for fixing the price of dairy products merely years ago.

Here is a Link

That was a very interesting article, thanks for linking it.

How did we get from drinking whole fresh milk to skim and low fat anyway? We are our own worst enemies. But its good to know Britain still allows farmers to provide dairy products directly to the consumers. Maybe that's only half the total milk sold but due to the price fixing there more of it going on. Shut the processors and retailers out as much as possible until they get a clue.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Here is a Link

That was a very interesting article, thanks for linking it.

How did we get from drinking whole fresh milk to skim and low fat anyway? We are our own worst enemies. But its good to know Britain still allows farmers to provide dairy products directly to the consumers. Maybe that's only half the total milk sold but due to the price fixing there more of it going on. Shut the processors and retailers out as much as possible until they get a clue.

If the farmers publicly stopped producing milk and asked people to not buy from big chain retailers i would happily get involved. However, i'm betting their tied up with contracts.

I hope the farmers do take a stand though, something needs to be done.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If the farmers publicly stopped producing milk and asked people to not buy from big chain retailers i would happily get involved. However, i'm betting their tied up with contracts.

Cows just naturally gotta produce, but dairy farmers have been dumping the milk all over Europe and the US for awhile now to protest price fixing and although I have a problem with the waste that results, I can see why they would do it.

Not sure, but I think a contract is null and void when rules and rates are changed while it is in force and one party is harmed by it. I suppose that would have to be fought out in court, though, and that's about a worthless effort anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Cows just naturally gotta produce, but dairy farmers have been dumping the milk all over Europe and the US for awhile now to protest price fixing and although I have a problem with the waste that results, I can see why they would do it.

Not sure, but I think a contract is null and void when rules and rates are changed while it is in force and one party is harmed by it. I suppose that would have to be fought out in court, though, and that's about a worthless effort anymore.

Well, regardless i support the farmers. Big business is stopping them from earning a living and making a ton off of their hard work. Not to mention, the price the consumer is paying is ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
A little video I want to share.
Sorry I don't have a translation, it's in dutch.

www.hln.be...

top topics

join