It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 Uwe Boll film portrays a James Holmes character

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Amidst all the various discussions regarding James Holmes, I am surprised that no one has highlighted how much the James Holmes shooting reminds me of the film, Rampage. Shortly after this film came out there was a shooting in the UK that involved a killing spree as seen in this film. I thought very little of It then, but after following this recent case closely, I can't help but feel that James was just as much inspired by The Joker as he was, by the protagonist of Rampage. On a side note, if you haven't seen the film, it ends in a very conspitoral manner, whereas, the killer gets away in the end by setting up someone else-- his true identy, hidden by the ballistic mask and body armor. Just some food for thought....

Trailer
edit on 27-7-2012 by Jhathaway because: Edit

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Also, note how much the film sounds like the Norway shooting. Perhaps we should consider the effect of such films on the minds of the psychologically troubled.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Really? Nobody bothered to look it up in Wikipedia?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Give it a few minutes OP the Olympic cermeony has just finished.

Also spolier alert!

I saw Rampage a few years ago, I think the most troubling element was the fact that the guy got away with it in the end. By setting up his best friend. His friend and his friend's dad fit the profile of quite a few here on ATS. Basically anti globalist, but peaceful individuals. Nonetheless the media in the end portrayed these two characters an unbalanced based on their political leanings.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Big Raging Loner because: Spelling.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh well.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
got it on wikipedia, nothing new besides a synopsis of what i have already seen, am i missing something?
edit on 28-7-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

ohhhhhh the poster!!!!!

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED IT?
edit on 28-7-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It's actually an excellent film.

When I see how easily these lone man massacres are carried out by some individuals, I do question how realistic the terrorist threat is.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I saw it last night. It definitely reminded me of the alleged single-gunman, Anders Breivik. I don't see the similarities between the movie and the movie theater shooting. There is just not enough information in the movie theater shooting for me to think James Holmes was a "patsy". In fact, I still don't know if James Holmes did it, so I'm still waiting for the trial on that verdict.

But, thanks OP, I saw the movie because of you mentioning it in this thread. I didn't like the film, but it was eerie how similar it was to the Norway massacre.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The second I read the details of the Aurora shooting I thought of Rampage. Uwe Boll's only good movie, IMO.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join