It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else annoyed by the Jackass on the left?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its the proper usage...

If you look to the left there is a Jackass.

AND to the Right... Can't think of any derogatory to call a Pachyderm...

BUT its kinda annoying, don't know what it is, but im refusing to go to the site once it goes live on general principle of having an annoying site add everywhere...

Any way, just think it kinda points out the Absurdity of American politics...

Are we really that stupid we need Team mascots for our political system? really?

Meh, I've said my piece, and I am making it a point not to visit the obnoxious ads.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I plan to visit it if only to scrutinize whether it is trying to sell me on something or not... then I will bitch if it is in-fact trying to sell me something.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It's the "TEAM", "Rivalry" mentality! They taught us as teenagers in highschool that it was cool to hate the other team...................Look where it has gotten us!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Its someone jumping on all the non partisan bandwagon that has been on ATS for some time, guess someone decided they could cash in on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm holding off judgement personally. All we have is a name. Nothing more, good or bad. The critters to the left and right tell us it's political, American related most likely and I'm just guessing...but election focused by the nick of time.

and...thats it.

ATS is pretty darn good for structure and operation though. I'd expect nothing less from those who made this. I'll definitely take a loooong look before offering any opinion from the Rabbit gallery.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I hate both criminal gangs. I wish Americans would wake up and quit voting them into office. It hasn't done anything good for the country yet.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

i agree, the elephant and the donkey propaganda bothers me.

i want it to go away.

peace.

edit: i come to above top secret because i DON'T like those political parties.
edit on 27-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why is there all that junk in the background in the first place? Plus it doesn't even fit on screen unless you're running at 1080p with your browser maximized...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why am I reminded of Stealer's Wheel?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
the false duality of the corporate owned, one policy political system is insulting to view on a conspiracy site. it might as well be an advertisement for bohemia grove.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That is funny, there is a jackass to the left and a... wow, I can't think of a term, either - to the right. But I was talking about in real life... oh wow they are on here, too!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Its someone jumping on all the non partisan bandwagon that has been on ATS for some time, guess someone decided they could cash in on it.

Well maybe it could start a viable third party in the center? I recently completely disconnected from everything the left and right are saying because they have both become completely delusional and radicalized lately, so much that I don't even understand what their logic is anymore, and am just like, whatever I'm going to go play Skyrim. It would be nice if there was a community who's beliefs were close to my own.
edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
DP... ??
edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
[Never mind somebody beat me to it]
edit on 7/29/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by benrl

It's the "TEAM", "Rivalry" mentality! They taught us as teenagers in highschool that it was cool to hate the other team...................Look where it has gotten us!

I hate you for hating me..there you go...oh hang on, im not supposed to hate you unless you hate me first and since we hate each other, how am i supposed to know if you hate me from the beginning or was it a reaction to me hating you and you assuming that it was me who hated your from the beginning all the while knowing that either way, i, we, both are correct for hating one another because down the road eventually one of us is going to hate one of us from the beginning. See that wasn't so hard..

P.S.
War and Peace
and

edit on 29-7-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Do what I do: Hold down the CNTRL key and zoom in with your mouse wheel. You can zoom in far enough to make both sides disappear completely, with the added benefit of making the messages easier to read while sitting back in your chair.

Of course, I'm reading this in my living room on a 46" screen, so maybe it's easier on my eyes this way than it would be sitting at a desk.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

S&F

While I do not see myself as having much to add, I would like you to know I think this is a good discussion and a good topic, even if it is a rant!

new topics

top topics

join