It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Crazy, the Crazy People or the Conformists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Are crazy people really crazy? Is this world not more crazy than the crazy people?

I am begining to think that those that conform to society, just conform to order and control of those that wish to rule us. In a funny kind of way is it not better to be crazy and against all society than it is to conform? I think it is. Yep too much wine again Sorry.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I'll be on the crazy team any day my brother!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Yes and I am glad I am too. Society actually labels me as Crazy yet I think I am the most normal person I know. Im in your corner too seeker any day of the week.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This sort of reminded me of a parable I once read somewhere. I have forgotten where it was from though.
It went something like this:

There was a wise king and the people loved him. They rejoiced in his wisdom and the kingdom prospered. One day the water supply to the town became contaminated and it drove the townspeople mad. The king living way up on the hill was isolated and had his own supply of water. Looking down from the tower he could see how the people were acting. Desperately he tried to help them. However, the townspeople thought the king was strange and mad for he no longer acted like they did. They cursed the mad king day in and out. The king was now isolated and lonely. Finally he could take no more and went into town and drank some of the water. The townspeople once again rejoiced that the king had come to his senses.

Everything is a matter of perspective.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

I suspect that you are right and that is a very astute post. But my perspective at the moment is that the masses are crazy and the masses think that I am crazy but I suspect that I am not the only one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I go by the personal belief that everyone is at the very least - just a little crazy. To me it is not a question if people are crazy; it is what kind of crazy are they? The good crazy or the bad.

edit on 27-7-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Caledonia you are right, the geniuses of this planet through history have all been a little crazy. As long as you are the crazy, want to help people crazy then it is good. The girl in your avatar is so hypnotical, off topic lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

why do we have to be one or the other? you dont have to be crazy to be a nonconformist...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by caladonea

Caledonia you are right, the geniuses of this planet through history have all been a little crazy. As long as you are the crazy, want to help people crazy then it is good. The girl in your avatar is so hypnotical, off topic lol.

Yes...I believe that to be true; the geniuses of this planet are very unique and just a little crazy.

As for the avatar; I choose it because she looks like I did when I was younger.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Conformity is a huge part of human social interaction. I think this video and experiment show that group conformity is more important than being correct.

The Asch experiment may help answer your question.

www.youtube.com...

(darn embedding! excuse me while I go learn how to embed...again)

edit on 28-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

join