It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Checkpoints/Road blocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So a close friend of mine was telling me about this buddy of his who was recently stopped at the boarder of two states here in the US. He didn't recall what states these were, or what highway sadly. But being a man of civil rights I had to look into this.. There are many youtube videos that prove this sadly, just shows how close we are to becoming the "Police state".

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS PEOPLE!!!

www.youtube.com...

"This internal suspicionless Homeland Security checkpoint took place on Southern Arizona's SR86 near Mile Post 146 on January 8, 2008.
The location is over 40 miles North of the Southern Border on a highway that never intersects the border."

Here is another one.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 07/27/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There is a Constitution Free Zone in America that most don't know about:

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
There is a Constitution Free Zone in America that most don't know about:

www.aclu.org...

Let them try with me, they will get the same treatment. Here is a quote from that link you shared because I'm sure there will be many that don't read it..

"Normally under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the American people are not generally subject to random and arbitrary stops and searches.
The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”
But what is “the border”? According to the government, it is a 100-mile wide strip that wraps around the “external boundary” of the United States.
As a result of this claimed authority, individuals who are far away from the border, American citizens traveling from one place in America to another, are being stopped and harassed in ways that our Constitution does not permit.
Border Patrol has been setting up checkpoints inland — on highways in states such as California, Texas and Arizona, and at ferry terminals in Washington State. Typically, the agents ask drivers and passengers about their citizenship. Unfortunately, our courts so far have permitted these kinds of checkpoints – legally speaking, they are “administrative” stops that are permitted only for the specific purpose of protecting the nation’s borders. They cannot become general drug-search or other law enforcement efforts.
However, these stops by Border Patrol agents are not remaining confined to that border security purpose. On the roads of California and elsewhere in the nation – places far removed from the actual border – agents are stopping, interrogating, and searching Americans on an everyday basis with absolutely no suspicion of wrongdoing. "

edit on Fri Jul 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

new topics

join