Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

kurds make gains amid Syria power vaccum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In what can only be described as a possible and real escalation in violence between and within Syria and Turkey:

www.ekurd.net...

The Kurds have seized the control over some Kurdish cities in Syrian Kurdistan and are advancing to
seize more.

Turkey will not allow for these two parties to control any parts in Syria.

The PKK is considered as 'terrorist' organization by Ankara, U.S.,

"The entire Kurdish people will confront Turkey if it intervenes in the Western Kurdistan" (northern Syrian)

Over 3 million Kurds live in Syrian Kurdistan (northern Syria),www.ekurd.net mainly in the north bordering
Turkey (northern Kurdistan) and Iraqi Kurdistan region southern Kurdistan).its aim is the creation an
autonomous region for Kurds, who constitute the greatest minority in Turkey,
numbering more than 20 million

the Kurdish factor, a strategic issue for Ankara, could prod Turkey into action, and thus internationalize the Syrian conflict with potentially perilous consequences.

www.spacewar.com...

edit on 27-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Turkey HAVE TO enter in Syria's kurd-controlled regions.

They don't have any other choice.

And yes, this will mean invasion of Syria, no matter what Turkey will say.Russia and Iran will consider it an invasion, Iran might activate the treaty with Syria or they will look like morons leaving their TREATY ALLY at Turkey's mercy.

If Iran does it, it will be with Russia's back.If Iran attacks turkish troops in Syria OR Turkey, NATO will activate article 5...

WW3 have 95% to chance to happen when, not if, Turkey goes into Syria.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

huh!
here we go again

once again the PKK has whored itself out as stalking horses
for the hegemons of the west

just like they did before with saddam
who then retaliated by gassing kurds, while the PKK slithered away

no doubt this is an attempt to goad the syrians into doing the same

history does not repeat itself
but sometimes it rhymes

the hand of the conductor is obvious here
as the band plays, once again,
the same old song

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Syria opened the door to an influx of rebels of the Turkish PKK (Kurdistan Workers Party) from Iraq into Syria’s northern Kurdish regions, with permission to set up bases of operation along the Turkish border.

Kurdish PKK fighters allowed by Syria to prepare for operations against Turkey in the Kurdish region in northern Syria (Syrian Kurdistan) were also given weapons and allowed to blow up an important Middle East oil pipelines running from Kirkuk, Iraq out to the Turkish Mediterranean.www.abovetopsecret.com...

ref:www.ekurd.net...

An under-reported article describing the very recent and growing conflict between Turkey and the (Syria proxy) PKK:en.wikipedia.org...

There are two outcomes imo ;The creation of an autonomous region and a Kurdish state in the south east of the country,or Turkish military involvement in Syria...hopefully after Assad has been removed from power
edit on 27-7-2012 by all2human because: because it was so much fun

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Syria took steps to give Turkey a headache . Kurds close to the PKK were released from prisons; 30,000 Kurds close to the PKK got citizenship. [These sorts of things were not happening] last year. Assad's regime allotted five northern Syrian provinces to Kurds and said he would create a military buffer zone on the border between Turkey and Syria.
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Though Syria is facing isolation from many Western powers, analysts warn that Turkish military action in Syria risks the wrath of some of the country's powerful allies.

"If Turkey brings soldiers onto Syrian soil by itself and not as part of an international operation, it would be an open provocation to Russia and Iran," said Cengiz Candar of the daily Radikal newspaper.
www.ekurd.net...
edit on 28-7-2012 by all2human because: becaause it was loads of fun

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Now Iraqi involvement..a possible move to block the influx of Kurds into Syria

Iraqi government has put its armed forces on alert from Muwel region all the way down to Ramadi

The Iraqi government has sent two military brigades to the border strip between Syria and the Kurdistan Region and 3,000 Peshmerga fighters stationed in the area had stopped their advance,The Peshmerga are Kurdistan Region’s official armed forces
The Iraqi forces moved to the area with prearranged plans and they have come in full military capacity

There was/is a serious concern about armed clashes between both sides..
ref:www.ekurd.net...
edit on 28-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
LOL my guess is that Iran will just have to look like Morons. Of course that would be easy to do as its par for the course for those folks.

Originally posted by Recollector
Turkey HAVE TO enter in Syria's kurd-controlled regions.

They don't have any other choice.

And yes, this will mean invasion of Syria, no matter what Turkey will say.Russia and Iran will consider it an invasion, Iran might activate the treaty with Syria or they will look like morons leaving their TREATY ALLY at Turkey's mercy.

If Iran does it, it will be with Russia's back.If Iran attacks turkish troops in Syria OR Turkey, NATO will activate article 5...

WW3 have 95% to chance to happen when, not if, Turkey goes into Syria.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i highly doubt Iran will get involved directly,then you can call them morons lol

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
all the nations in the region are blowhards and aren't going to do anything.

crossing a border with weapons is a political death sentence for the man that does it.

international law cares nothing for how Turkey views the Kurds. they'll sit around Istanbul angry and unable to act.

this fact possibly reveals that while Turkey is opposed to Assad's activities in public, they are probably working secretly on his behalf to keep the Kurds in Syria down...those types of things have a way of blowing up in people's faces...which is good as having two faces isn't attractive and one should be blown off.

Iran is holding down the Kurds in its own country, fighting them in Syria in support of Turkey, but opposing Turkey on behalf of Assad is another nasty position to be in.

Article 5 would play no part for Turkey and is a pipe dream for the drug addicted.

the way it seems is that Syria will disintegrate and no nation, no army, no military alliance is going to save it and no one is going to help to rebuild it. every mosque, every ancient place and all connection to the past will be destroyed.

Assad is a laughing stock. a Case study of incompetence.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Turkey/USA is already supporting Sunni fighters and the FSA via proxy within Syria and more recently elements of the PKA

There's NO WAY Turkey is working on Assad's behalf,everyone agrees his days are numbered..

I do not believe Syria will disintegrate,Assad and his regime will be replaced by a different and new one,more willing to work with and highly influenced by the victors of this conflict..
edit on 29-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

ref:news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

Turkey/USA is already supporting Sunni fighters and the FSA via proxy within Syria

There's NO WAY Turkey is working on Assad's behalf,everyone agrees his days are numbered..

I do not believe Syria will disintegrate,Assad and his regime will be replaced by a different and new one,more willing to work with and highly influenced by the victors of this conflict..

you don't believe Syria will disintegrate? then you are in denial...Syria is already disintegrating.

Assad probably would want to leave for no other reason than to get someone else to pay the reconstruction costs.

if he can stay...who will pay for the rebuilding? who will pay to rebuild his shattered army?

will the Russians do it? the Iranians perhaps? do you think he's gonna issue some government bonds?

it must be great to only contemplate the world one day into the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The only thing i see 'disintegrating' is Assad's regime,the country itself will endure.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

that's what you see because that is what Assad wants you to see. him leaving would be for no other reason that to get someone else to fix his crappy economy and political apparatus.

he is an ophthalmologist after-all...a master at optical illusions.

Assad brought those rebels against him, some of them know this, while others probably don't.

his country is a crap hole and he wants the west to pick up the tab for modernizing it.

that's what I see.

what I also see is that no one is going to pay for it...

it'll be a 100 years before Syria recovers, if its lucky.

Assad is an imbecile.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No actually, that's what i see and the rest of the world sees..
lol
What do you think is going on here?cities arn't being leveled..sure there's damage but Syria WILL rebuild..
and Syria is one of the most modern countries of the Middle east
now i'm sidetracking my own thread

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

i don't want to side track you thread...i was just as happy when we were discussing the Kurds.

but...rebuilding requires resources; Labor and Material being important.

if the only men left are Assad's soldiers...how will he keep an Army and Rebuild?

he's trying to find a way to keep power, make it look like he's out of power and get someone else to provide the resources to rebuild his ruined infrastructure.

Turkey and Iran are playing both sides...

If Turkey, using the fictional Kurdish situation, can get NATO involved and Iran, using various techniques for causing chaos, can get China and Russia involved, Assad probably figures he can pull off a disappearing act and prepare for his return after rebuilding is complete and paid for...his return would be political and social, not military.

edit on 29-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't know where your going with this but Assad has nothing to gain by damaging his country and murdering his people..
make no illusion
Turkey is NOT playing both sides and the conflict between Turkey and the PKK is far from fictional..
i agree with your chaos remark

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
I don't know where your going with this but Assad has nothing to gain by damaging his country and murdering his people..
without illusion
Turkey is NOT playing both sides and the conflict between Turkey and the PKK is far from fictional..
i agree with your chaos assesment

I said that Turkey's position with regards to an ethnic group outside of its own borders and located in another country is fictional because there is nothing at all Turkey can do about them. if Turkey decides commit an act of genocide against yet another neighbor...how long do you think that state will continue to survive?

Does Turkey thinks NATO is going to participate in that crime? I don't think so.

the fact is that everyone in that region has gotten themselves into a mess they won't easily extricate themselves from and the funniest part about it is that it won't have any negative impact on the United States.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The Turkey conflict with the Kurds is not a new one,there has been many occasions where the Kurds and Turks have engaged in cross border attacks,even recently,this is not fiction..
but yes no country can/will eradicate the Kurds,they are one of the fiercest fighters on the planet,and inhabit much of the ME
There has been a semi-state of war in the middle east for centuries..this is nothing new..
it will and has had an impact on the USA, which rely's heavily on this regions exports of Oil..
i think everybody can agree with me on this..
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Turkey obviously has a great deal of old enemies in the general vicinity. Didn't Turkey murder or deport a couple of million Armenians just recently?

not a very sympathetic group, if you ask me. nothing they have to say is important in real life. only in the news media.

if they go into Syria, their brand new government probably won't last very long.

surely we can agree to that.

these last few years are all about reversal of fortunes. the Syrians didn't stop the flow of fighters into Iraq, now Iraq isn't stopping the flow of fighters back into Syria.

Turkey goes into Syria to kill people. Istanbul will collapse and burn and watch their people die like some of their neighbors. sounds fair, don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i agree its a total mess over there,always has been

<<   2 >>

join