It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A German Heils Hitler at the Opening Ceremony

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Isn't it? I have my doubts. As I said I know what a nazi salute looks like. People here have stated that for it to be a nazi salute must be with the right hand and one has to heil as well. Thats not correct.

Is it not? Everywhere I read that does seems to back up the "right hand" claim, unless a disability prevented you from doing so. Kindly provide evidence to the contrary.

But hey if you think a normal wave starts with bending your elbow holding your hand horizontally on your chest and then thrusting it forward then more power to you.

He didn't do that, though.

Maybe making a cut throat movement with your hand is a legitimate form of wave too if I 'see it' that way

Oh, now it's a cut throat move? Me thinks your just making stuff up now.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
To address your edit...

By the way its no accident that Mayor Johnson was in hysterics of laughter about it. I suppose he was just laughing at the 'wave'!

Or maybe he wasn't even laughing at that at all? Your are ascribing an awful lot of presumptions and behaviour to a very short video clip that lacks context.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How do you know if this guy wasn't in the middle of a waving his arm when the camera caught this shot in mid stream? Did they catch this on video? Sometimes a still framed shot doesn't capture the whole story.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Isn't it? I have my doubts. As I said I know what a nazi salute looks like. People here have stated that for it to be a nazi salute must be with the right hand and one has to heil as well. Thats not correct.

Is it not? Everywhere I read that does seems to back up the "right hand" claim, unless a disability prevented you from doing so. Kindly provide evidence to the contrary.

But hey if you think a normal wave starts with bending your elbow holding your hand horizontally on your chest and then thrusting it forward then more power to you.

He didn't do that, though.

Maybe making a cut throat movement with your hand is a legitimate form of wave too if I 'see it' that way

Oh, now it's a cut throat move? Me thinks your just making stuff up now.

I don't need to prove something from a book when I've seen men at football matches do nazi salutes with either hand. I know it because I've stood on the stands with these people before.

Yeah, he did do exactly as I described, watch the video again.
I see you're having trouble understanding / reading my last point, never mind I'll spoon feed - people (allegedly) wave in all different kinds of ways, and if something that looks like a nazi salute can be considered a wave, then so can a cut throat 'wave', right? People wave in different ways!

Funny though, I'd expect an English patriot to stand up for a German who stands accused of a nazi salute - NOT

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
To address your edit...

By the way its no accident that Mayor Johnson was in hysterics of laughter about it. I suppose he was just laughing at the 'wave'!

Or maybe he wasn't even laughing at that at all? Your are ascribing an awful lot of presumptions and behaviour to a very short video clip that lacks context.

OK so he just happened to be looking in the same direction! Come on, if you watched the video carefully you know full well that he was laughing at. And if you know anything about Johnson's profile, its easy to imagine that he would crease up like a schoolboy at such a sight.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't need to prove something from a book when I've seen men at football matches do nazi salutes with either hand. I know it because I've stood on the stands with these people before.

I think you do, actually. Just because you've seen some brain dead morons at a football match do it, doesn't mean they are doing it right, it just means they are even more stupid than we already knew! I mean, c'mon. If you see someone wiping their nose with sandpaper, would you then assume that is the correct way to do it?

A real Nazi salute, as decreed by Hess, is raising the right hand, elbow locked to at least eye level. Anything else isn't a Nazi salute (which itself was lifted from the Italian Fascist salute)

Yeah, he did do exactly as I described, watch the video again.

I have. That isn't how the Fascist salute is done, whatsoever.

I see you're having trouble understanding / reading my last point, never mind I'll spoon feed - people (allegedly) wave in all different kinds of ways, and if something that looks like a nazi salute can be considered a wave, then so can a cut throat 'wave', right? People wave in different ways!

No matter which way you try and spin it, matey, there was NO CUT THROAT kind of move at all. It's just a wave. Could you imagine the furore if the German Olympic Committee saw this? Jesus, they'd go ballistic, this guy would be instantly axed and they'd also cop a load of heat from the Israeli's, amongst others.

Funny though, I'd expect an English patriot to stand up for a German who stands accused of a nazi salute - NOT

Stands accused? By whom? A small, ignorant minority on the interwebs?

FYI, look up the Olympic Salute.... He is doing that if he isn't waving.

EDIT: Olympic Salute
edit on 28/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

OK so he just happened to be looking in the same direction! Come on, if you watched the video carefully you know full well that he was laughing at.

What, in the direction of the thousands of competitors and other things going on inside the Olympic stadium during the opening ceremony? Funny that.

And if you know anything about Johnson's profile, its easy to imagine that he would crease up like a schoolboy at such a sight.

I know Johnson very well, thank you very much and he isn't a racist, fascist or anything else you try and pin on him, aside from being somewhat odd....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've just skimmed over the posts, so forgive me if I missed something.

I watched the opening ceremony live and I myself thought he was doing a nazi salute! I suppose he was just waving to the German team, but it was an unfortunate kind of wave!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jayman0111

It was more than likely the Olympic salute (invented before the Nazi's came about but based upon the same Roman Salute) is what he was doing...

It is just unfortunate it was a German seen doing it....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Cropper

relink, your video url is malformed

"Malformed"? You mean there's a typo in it?

That's a nice word, 'malformed' .. I hope to use it some day in other contexts.

For me, the first video gave: "This video contains content from International Olympic Committee, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

The second link worked just fine.

But it makes me think - the International Olympic Committee must not be very busy with the OLYMPICS, when they have so much time that they can simply watch youtube videos and block videos they don't like (btw, this trend is alarming - before it was that a video removal was REQUESTED by someone who CLAIMED a copyright infringement or somethinig - but now the corporations / committees can DIRECTLY remove videos from youtube? Wow.)

You'd think they would have better things to do than that, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OLYMPICS, wouldn't you?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I have. That isn't how the Fascist salute is done, whatsoever.

As a comparison point, are all these girls Nazis as well - look at the salute from 00:10 of this video:

Does it look familiar? It's almost exactly the same as the guy did. And no one has, as far as I can recall, ever called these girls Nazis.

A human being's body movement can NOT be banned or 'outlawed'. As long as law is not broken, anyone is free to do whatever they want with their body - it's THEIR body, and rights basically come from 'ownership' (according to some). Your body, your choice to do whatever you want with it - in the confines of the law. If you break the law, like by hitting someone, for example, then you can be punished. But the punishment doesn't come from the hitting MOVEMENT being unlawful, but the actual act of intentionally hitting another human being (or something else that has 'ownership'). The exact movement is irrelevant.

Movements are free, and anyone who wants to outlaw 'nazi' movement, is out of their minds, and do not know what law is and how it all works. That would be a slippery slope to banning so many movements, that many people could (and would) be arrested for very innocent things, just because they are human beings who tend to move around a lot. That is not fair. Besides, why should we let the Nazis ruin everything for the rest of us? If they did some hand movement, that doesn't mean that no one should be ever allowed to do that hand movement again. It's like they OWN the hand movement now, and have copyright to them... insanity!

Besides, it's the intention that matters, not the act itself as much. Many comedians have done the nazi salute, in attempt to be humorous, and there's nothing wrong with that. If something like this could be outlawed, Fawlty Towers could never have aired, neither could Hale&Pace and Monty Python and who knows what else. Lighten up, and realize that it's only a moving hand - as long as it's not hurting anyone physically, what's the difference in how it moves?

Think realistically, not ideologistically..
edit on 29-7-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Wait, who said he´s a German? Where can you see this? Proof?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I will post this for the third time, as it looks like people do not read and then complain about what they missed.

He is the honorary president of the German Olympic Committee, Walther Troeger.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for clearing up the third time

Edit: I read a little bit on him and came to the conclusion its out of context (the picture)
edit on 29-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This isn't shocking.

The Olympics are shocking.

I don't consider any person who gets "excited" over the Olympics, a "friend". To say the very least.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I could not believe my eyes. Question is what do you do to him?

And you think he is the Nazi here? Some people are hopelessly blind.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
exactly, wrong arm

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Why bring this up again? The picture was dealth with...... you can't take a photo like this out of context and debate it. It was obviously caught like this on purpose because the photographer knew the German was going to be waving at the field.
Then just press the button down and you have 10 pics over the course or a second or two.... pick the one where he looks like he's heiling and then publish it.... await "fame".

In my opinion as a professional photographer, the idiot who snapped this crap is a complete and utter moron.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join