It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A German Heils Hitler at the Opening Ceremony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Omg.

Sigh.

So lets see he was indeed throwing a nazi salute.........what about it!!?? I mean seriously wtf would you or anyone do about it? Complain on a conspiracy site about it? Upload clips and pics to youtube for oh that precious social interaction you crave from sensationalism!!???

This is BS, he waved to the German team, that is it!. No salute, just a wave.

Now move along.

vvv

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I've been at football (soccer) matches back in the 1990's in the UK and in Europe and sometimes there would be fans that would do nazi salutes whilst singing the name of their team, they were the same ones who would make monkey noises when a black player got the ball, or chants about jews and non whites.

Those neo-nazi types would do the nazi salute with either hand, probably depending on if they were left or right handed and the rest of us fans would know what their sympathies were. And they did not need to say heil Htlr to make it a nazi salute

So yes what this guy was doing looks like a nazi salute to me. I'm really puzzled by some people here. I guess some of you don't understand the difference between a wave and nazi salute.

Its one thing to say that you support the right of people to do a nazi salute in public, but its dishonest to pretend this is a normal wave.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Its one thing to say that you support the right of people to do a nazi salute in public, but its dishonest to pretend this is a normal wave.
reply to post by freethinker123

Its not about denying it, or being dishonest about it. Its about calling it as we see it. I see him doing a rather lazy wave with his arm raised high, so they can see him.
What? Was he suppose to wave like you wave, to make it acceptable?
People wave differently, and that is a fact. There is no one rule that states what a wave should look like.

vvv

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think he has had a stroke. In this dystopian paradise this is the most non-eventful event that may have evented. I will check with the Ministy of Truth and get back to you with the News of whether this item evented or not. Eventually. Maybe.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

No, I am sure you are wrong. The Queen's wave shall be the norm and the guidepost as far as waves go. All other waves are verboten.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

The only thing verboten should be the terrible jacket he is wearing.

lol

vvv

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

The thread is hardly ''pro-Nazi'' just because a few people have suggested that he was NOT giving the salute.

If the left wing didn't mess up the economy all the time then maybe the right wing wouldn't seem like a good alternative right about now.Anyway whats wrong with the right wing? The left wing side of politics can be even more extreme as we all should know by now.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's a pretty crap wave but that's all it is imo, a wave.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You don't even know whether he IS German.

I was looking at the images and the women beside him (which, i assume might be his wife?) - they look more like Swedish/Northern to me and not German. Aside, of course he isn't doing a Hitler salute, just an awkward waving.

Must be a slow day on ATS again to keep reading so much nonsense.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've posted this in another thread, but here goes.....if he isn't waving, which I think he is, then he is probably doing a Roman salute.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cropper

After watching the video(thank you for the link because the other link didn't work for me)it was definitely a Nazi salute.

Camilla's face is a picture as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh come on now, that's probably the closest he's going to get to dancing at his age.
Camilla and Boris's WTF LOL faces are priceless though.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

Omg. That "salute" is as much a nazi salute as swastika means nazism. Some people just need to learn some history

Omg...that is NOT what you said.......

I interpreted as meaning "that is much as a Nazi salute as a swastika means Nazism, because neither is that a Nazi salute or the swastika means Nazism".

Exactly. I have been caught with my pants down trying to be too clever. I blame internets thought. I'm not really clever

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
You don't even know whether he IS German.

The fact that he was standing up while the German athletes were passing in front of him is a hint.

As I posted here (but apparently nobody noticed), he really is German, he his the honorary president of the German Olympic Committe.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think it's funny that people make a big deal over anything Nazi yet the communists who have killed more people than the Nazis could ever dream of get to hold rallies and be on tv without any consequence

And for the record the hitler salute is done with the right arm, not the left. I waive like that all the time and it has nothing to do with the nazis.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Not in the UK there isn't. Only in some European countries, such as Germany herself.

Anyway, this is a still image and proves nothing. He might well have been waving his hand, or trying to get someone's attention.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Cropper
It happens as the German team are entering the stadium, the guy who did the salute / wave, must be a VIP, look at the reaction on Prince Charles' other half, Camilla, and the London Mayor Borris Johnson just in the seats behind him, Better quality video here.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Cropper because: (no reason given)

If Camilla was bothered by that she is an idiot. He is using the wrong arm and the Heil Hitler is not a wave. It's the right arm straight up and the "Heil Hitler" shout

Oh that makes it alright then because he was using the wrong arm

Woah, talk about idiocy....

So, by taking your logic to its extreme conclusion, if I stuck my leg in the air, then I too am saluting Hitler? Can people not wave any more? Honestly, if this guy did a genuine salute, the German Olympic Committee would move BLOODY QUICKLY to remove him and denounce him.

The guy was just waiving to his countrymen, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Another thing I just noticed, his fingers seem limp and loose, a Nazi salute, like a roman salute, requires the fingers to be tight together and up in the air with the palm out.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The ignorance in this thread simply shows how the brainwashing of the masses are taking affect. He's using the wrong arm for the Nazi salute and even if he did so what? Germans aren't allowed to salute anymore? Ignorant people need to stop holding modern day Germans accountable for what Germans did in the past. Other nations use this salute so when is the world going to tell them they aren't allowed to use it ? People seriously need to grow up.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

reply to post by freethinker123

Its not about denying it, or being dishonest about it. Its about calling it as we see it. I see him doing a rather lazy wave with his arm raised high, so they can see him.
What? Was he suppose to wave like you wave, to make it acceptable?
People wave differently, and that is a fact. There is no one rule that states what a wave should look like.

vvv

Isn't it? I have my doubts. As I said I know what a nazi salute looks like. People here have stated that for it to be a nazi salute must be with the right hand and one has to heil as well. Thats not correct.

But hey if you think a normal wave starts with bending your elbow holding your hand horizontally on your chest and then thrusting it forward then more power to you.

Maybe making a cut throat movement with your hand is a legitimate form of wave too if I 'see it' that way

By the way its no accident that Mayor Johnson was in hysterics of laughter about it. I suppose he was just laughing at the 'wave'!
edit on 28-7-2012 by freethinker123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join