It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A German Heils Hitler at the Opening Ceremony

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by superman2012

It was part of a video.

Please link to video so everyone can see. Thanks.

Edit: Nm, it was linked on page two. I was lazy and didn't check. Do we have proof this man is a German as earlier stated? I watched the video, and it isn't enough proof for me, but I can get how ppl can see it. He could just be a lazy drunk man. haha
edit on 27-7-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Why am I not shocked that this thread is overwhelmingly pro-Nazi? What better evidence that history repeats itself?

Whenever the economy takes a dump the weak willed and the just plain stupid flock to the extreme far right.

LOL

You had to throw the insult in didn't you? Perhaps the "more intelligent individuals" such as yourself should try some reading comprehension - no one approved of it, just acknowledged the fact that he has the right to do it, no matter how stupid it was.

edit: that is if he really did that, I am sure some reporter will ask him at a later time (if this becomes viral)

edit on 27-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
If anyone was actually paying attention, he was waving. His arm was going from left to right.

One also does the Nazi salute with the right arm and not the left are

You got that right sir, someone should watch some youtube videos of nazi salutes and compare them with the one in discussion. Poor old man now will be harassed for that at home.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by Monger
Why am I not shocked that this thread is overwhelmingly pro-Nazi? What better evidence that history repeats itself?

Whenever the economy takes a dump the weak willed and the just plain stupid flock to the extreme far right.

LOL

You had to throw the insult in didn't you? Perhaps the "more intelligent individuals" such as yourself should try some reading comprehension - no one approved of it, just acknowledged the fact that he has the right to do it, no matter how stupid it was.

I certainly wasn't calling anybody in this thread stupid.

It was merely an observation on the sort of people who get bamboozled by the extreme right. Take, for instance, the Greek lady sent packing for the 'racist tweet'. That lady supports a fascist, extreme far right party called the Golden Dawn. When you take her tweet about African immigrants being 'homemade food' for mosquitoes carrying the West Nile virus, and her friendship with an aspiring fascist politician and membership in his party as a whole you can make a pretty compelling argument for her being a racist.

Again, as I said, history repeats.

edit on 27-7-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I did watch it. It's a slow wave by a VIP/celeb. He's just waving from his elbow instead of moving his whole arm. I also saw that he used his LEFT arm, which alone makes this not a Nazi salute. He also didn't say anything, his lips don't move, so he is clearly not "heiling" Hitler.

I think this started out as a twitter poster making sport of a German VIP's wave resembling a Nazi salute (except it wasn't) but has taken on a life of it's own over the Web due to some people's inability to distinguish between a slow wave and a bonafide Nazi salute.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Did they boot that one out of the games, too...oh wait let me guess it was a man so probably not.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
On which planet is that a 'wave'? In this galaxy, or some other? If you buy the idea that that was a 'wave' then I find myself wondering if you've ever seen one human being wave to another. That is no wave.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

To perform the salute, it was customary to extend the right arm to at least to eye level, straighten the hand so that it is parallel to the arm and say emphatically Heil Hitler!, or at least Heil! If one saw an acquaintance at a distance, it sufficed to simply raise the right hand. If one encountered a superior, one would also say, Heil Hitler. If physical disability prevented raising the right arm, it was acceptable to raise the left. The form Heil, mein Führer! was for direct address to Hitler. Sieg Heil was repeated as a chant on public occasions. Written communications would be concluded with either Mit deutschem Gruß [With the German greeting], or, simply, Heil Hitler.

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps his right arm was injured, and being at a distance just waved his left arm normally?
edit on 27-7-2012 by daaskapital because: problem

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Either way, the video has made a wave.

While looking for the video, various users have either taken it down or it has been taken down by the IOC for copyright infringement. Thankfully, once something is on the internet, it stays there.

It doesn't matter much to me what 'hand' it was done with. It was pretty obvious. And I have seen the "nazi salute' done in pumping motion.

But as an American, I think the guy can do it if he wants. More than show that he is a 'nazi', it gives people someone to look at and say "What a close-minded idiot."

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

That salute has noting to do with Hitler or Germany for that matter it is an evolution from the Greek salutation, you may have seen it in some movies. I think the original start from the chest, there are derivations like in India it starts like a catholic blessing from the forehead and ends not in a rigid way but in a flourish with the hand. Ancient Romans also used it.

The problem is not the salutation but the intention, from an image there is no intention, so it falls down to your own hangups with Nazi Germany. I find it more problematic having one of the princes in a Nazi uniform than this (image wise, the symbolism is clearer) but again the intention is what matters, I doubt that the prince is a Nazi (even if in his position it was a bit idiotic) and I know nothing of the man on the photo to see it as anything evil that needs to be speculated about...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

twitpic.com...

I could not believe my eyes. Question is what do you do to him?

I thought the Nazi salute was performed with the right hand, not the left. Is it not possible that he is simply waving and the camera caught him in a moment where it appeared he was performing this salute?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cropper

Yeah, Boris and Camilla are laughing there asses off at the crazy german dude heiling hitler!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hitler was there...?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
He was just waving....

edit on 28-7-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
this is such ridiculous over sensationalism trollism...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

it's not a Nazi salute. That is a very old and well practiced salute. Germans just took it as well. It was not theirs just like the swastika was not. Hitler saw the swastika at a catholic boarding school he attended and liked it.

That salute was done by all countries in Europe at the time and long before them. People still do it.

edit on 28-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Ignoring such dimwits is the obvious answer... These nutjobs/racists/attention seekers are like those ghosts that live on your energy, give more attention to them and others get similar ideas and the cycle continues...it's funny how this moron heiled another moron who firmly believed in myth of aryan race, another fictions supreme race theory created by Germans, British in 19Th century to justify colonialism..there are still quite a few idiots lurking around moaning about the theory, the sooner these pigs vanish, the sooner the world would be a better place

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Pity he's not a competitor.

I'd love to see him get a bronze medal and have to stand next to a black and an asian on the podium!

edit on 28/7/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Omg. That "salute" is as much a nazi salute as swastika means nazism. Some people just need to learn some history

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
*Shakes head*

He's waving at his team!

Threads like these make me ashamed of being a member of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join