It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. Republican: We wanted to suppress black votes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
linky

Completely and utterly disgusting!

Florida's disgraced former GOP chairman says the party had meetings about "keeping blacks from voting"

And here you are folks the smoking gun.

If true Republicans are actively trying to keep blacks from voting.

In the debate over new laws meant to curb voter fraud in places like Florida, Democrats always charge that Republicans are trying to suppress the vote of liberal voting blocs like blacks and young people, while Republicans just laugh at such ludicrous and offensive accusations. That is, every Republican except for Florida’s former Republican Party chairman Jim Greer, who, scorned by his party and in deep legal trouble, blew the lid off what he claims was a systemic effort to suppress the black vote. In a 630-page deposition recorded over two days in late May, Greer, who is on trial for corruption charges, unloaded a litany of charges against the “whack-a-do, right-wing crazies” in his party, including the effort to suppress the black vote.

Makes you wonder now if this is how GW got into office.

And how many other Republicans are involved.
I am Aghast!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
When was the last time the Republican party has ever consider a Minority for the head office?

Outside of a response to Obama.

Im just curious...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

To be fair Marco Rubio has been in the news lately.
Many want him to run as VP.
And of course Rubio is a son of Cuban Parents.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh now that's interesting. While in Vegas he attended The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
hrmmm...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The BIGGEST FEAR of those making the rules in this country is ANYONE who can UNIFY and get the blacks AND whites together!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

But YET!!!! We hang onto our differences at the beck and call of those who are running this county and creating the divisions that keep them in power!

Look at what happened to Martin Luther King! KILLED!

Have any of you ever heard of Larry Pinkney???? Check out what he has to say about how the government fears the blacks and whites ever getting together..........................

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we are ALL being USED! They create the division and then they benefit from the chaos while every one of us, reguardless of race get screwed!!!!

Anyone who blames other races for the problems in this country are nothing but mind controlled idiots who do nothing but help out the ones who create the divisions in the first place!!!!

People need to WAKE THE HELL UP!!! The enemy isn't to hard to find.....................................

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

as in pre-obama...

Not now, Im going for it either showing a history of discrimination, or dissuade it.

If the party has a history of "ethnic" candidates, how can one say they are Biased? if they don't well thats something else.
edit on 27-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I didn't need a smoking gun. I knew that's what they were up to. That's what they are up to in Pennsylvania , Ohio and Wisconsin as well.

There are other states that are also trying to suppress the vote and they aren't just going after Black people.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
But wait there's more.

linky

So Crist appoints a liberal black judge now they want to get rid of him. Freaking racists.

Greer said "the party was in turmoil" as officials wanted to get rid of him and former Gov. Charlie Crist because they disagreed with some of Crist's decisions, including the appointment of a liberal African-American judge to the Florida Supreme Court, Crist's endorsement of John McCain for president in 2008 and the hug Crist gave President Barack Obama in 2009. "My phone lit up with people wanting me to censure the governor,'' Greer said. "The tea party came into existence. There was a feeling within the party that the tea party was just a bunch of whack-a-dos."

And payback is a mother it seems.
Now that this guy is out. He's airing out the parties dirty laundry as well.

Greer said he warned others at the party that the budget committee was made up of "whack-a-do, right-wing crazies'' who were trying to take over because of continuing disagreements with Crist and legislative leaders. House and Senate leaders insisted that no one at the party could control their campaign finances. "We eat what we kill,'' Greer said the leaders told him. "Legislative leaders were using their party credit cards like drunken sailors and they made it clear to me I was not to interfere with their spending,'' Greer said.

In a crappy economy these guys are living the high life on our dime.
Bunch of bastards.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

When was the last time the Republican party has ever consider a Minority for the head office?

Im just curious...

you forgot herman "i didn't touch those titties" cain.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Did Herman Cain hold party office pre-obama? was he being groomed to go for the big job, or was he a response to obama...

cain had Republican ties but was running business not going for office.
edit on 27-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

you forgot herman "i didn't touch those titties" cain.

I would of voted for him.
If he did touch them of course.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If this is true and not just sour grapes then good for him for coming forward.

I do feel reputation is very important and don't want to overlook the fact he was involved in corruption. But on the other hand maybe it takes someone dirty to be in the know on something like this.

Hope the truth comes out either way.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
If this is true and not just sour grapes then good for him for coming forward.

I do feel reputation is very important and don't want to overlook the fact he was involved in corruption. But on the other hand maybe it takes someone dirty to be in the know on something like this.

Hope the truth comes out either way.

Not sour grapes. This is payback.
From what i've read now. It seems that he was supposed to be paid a severance upon leaving.
But they screwed him out of the money.

I'm sure that he's gonna be working out a deal with law enforcement and will be naming names.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The main reason I'm not a supporter of the Republican Party and the Tea Party is I see them racist to there core. They are a politically correct bunch of racist, they don't come right out in your face. They use keywords like Illegal Immigrants, and phrases like using my tax money to give to others [minorities]. They won the election with the mid term in 2010, there corporate backer pumped more money into that mid term than any other one before. Then they set forth on there agenda, with voter id laws and purging voter rolls of those they felt are not good Americans (minorities) so they could cheat there way back into power in case there propaganda didn't work.

I feel the main opposition to Obama has alot to do with race. Of course its not politically correct to mention race as an issue with republicans/tea party present because they act like racism doesn't exist.

I don't thin all republicans and tea party members are racist but I think a large percentage of them are.
edit on 27-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I must say.
I laughed at that one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Although do be reminded,not all republicans are racist A-holes.

Case in point,a MR. Paul like/ hate whether he is/isn't a shill.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The main reason I'm not a supporter of the Republican Party and the Tea Party is I see them racist to there core. They are a politically correct bunch of racist, they don't come right out in your face. They use keywords like Illegal Immigrants

Im not a Dem or Rep, the Reps may be closet racist, but the Dem seems to think Minorities are too stupid to see they are being pandered too...

While at least to My demo, when they HAVE to, as in they just assume they get the Latino vote and when they think its slipping they toss them a bone...

Its all a game just to get Elected, nothing more, they only do what they need to get the vote.

Its a shame what the great experiment has turned into.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The main reason I'm not a supporter of the Republican Party and the Tea Party is I see them racist to there core. They are a politically correct bunch of racist, they don't come right out in your face. They use keywords like Illegal Immigrants, and phrases like using my tax money to give to others [minorities]. They won the election with the mid term in 2010, there corporate backer pumped more money into that mid term than any other one before. Then they set forth on there agenda, with voter id laws and purging voter rolls of those they felt are not good Americans (minorities) so they could cheat there way back into power in case there propaganda didn't work.

I feel the main opposition to Obama has alot to do with race. Of course its not politically correct to mention race as an issue with republicans/tea party present because they act like racism doesn't exist.

I don't thin all republicans and tea party members are racist but I think a large percentage of them are.

Okay, now you got me going here........just how has the democratic party helped ANY MINORITY, by painting them as victims, but behind closed doors do nothing whatsoever to help them??????

Meanwhile they champion people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who do NOTHING but agitate the race wars when deemed appropriate by the MSM and the government!!

DON"T YOU SEE IT??????? The two party system is nothing more than a ONE PARTY FRAUD!!!! They don't give a damn if their victims are black or white!!!!! All they care about is keeping the charade of division going amongst those of us who are too damn stupid to see it!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. If you want honest government, you have to quit voting for Democrats and Republicans. But some people just do not get it. They would rather cling to their whore mongering, gangster, criminal parties than have honest government.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Back in the days the kkk was big, they could represent upto 15% of the voters, so politicians would cater to them for votes. What party caters to this 15% of the population today?

Its easy to be racist, its easy to blame a block of people for the nations problems, its hard to work together to fix these problems so we have a even playing field where everyone has rights and opportunities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join