It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A's Head of PR Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Source

Don Perry, the long-time head of Chick-fil-A's public relations department, died unexpectedly on Friday, the company said, even as the fast food chain tried to negotiate a PR firestorm over its president's recent comments on gay marriage.

The Atlanta-based chain did not give a cause of death for Perry. Local media, citing Chick-fil-A franchise owners, said Perry had suffered a heart attack.

Hmmm, perhaps all of this controversy got to him. I'm sure he had been pulling a lot of long nights in the last week or so. While I have many views on this issue, and I am sure many of you do too, it is tragic about this man's death. Many prayers go to his family.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Interesting timing....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Uhhhhh..... speechless.

Now i bet the mayor of Boston will get off scott free after making the comments that stated Chik-fil-a could not situate in Boston. The guy should lose his job for bringing prejudicial statements into the game from a seat of government authority. He has signed a constitutional oath that prohibits him from doing what he did.

Will wait and see...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Probably ate too many of his company's waffle fries.
From the pics of him posted online, he had to be a good 60-70 pounds overweight. And that's being generous.

But let's see how long it takes conspiracy theorists to link his death to Obama...
edit on 27-7-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OR, stick with me on this one.
Just maybe the fact that he was 60 had something to do with it?
The man was old, people in their 40's and 50's die from heart attacks.
I doubt this had anything to do with the controversy.
edit on 27-7-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow, the timing on this is weird as all get out.

More than likely just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

OR, stick with me on this one.
Just maybe the fact that he was old had something to do with it?
The man was old, people in there 40's and 50's die from heart attacks.
I doubt this had anything to do with the controversy.

Yeah... but people in their 60's??? People in their 60's never have heart attacks. That's just absurd. You must be new here.

All kidding aside - my sympathies to his family, 60 is too young to go out. I find it slightly bizarre however that a portly 60 year old corporate staffer dying of a heart attack should be considered news, and this event will obviously become another firestorm of tinfoil hat-wearing evangelicals trying to lay the blame for this "mysterious" death on gays/Obama/liberals.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

OR maybe just maybe .. the timing is nearly perfect.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OMG, must be murder...do you think it was Fozzie Bear or Gonzo thrownin chickens at him????

Maybe it was Miss Piggie with a Karate Chop?

2nd Line Gotta love this site.

A_L

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the gays did it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
the gays did it.

No it was Crab people!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

the gays did it.

OMG - the gays got the heart attack gun from Obammy. Quick hide Rick Warren, they'll be going after him next...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My guess is a combination of age, overweight, and all the stress he has been going through. 60 isn't THAT old but, personally, my aunt died of a heart attack at age 41, and her dad the same thing he was 45. (they where both obese)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Those damn crab people! Hiding right in front of our eyes like usaul

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is sad.

If he did have a heart attack, it was most likely triggered by the comments of President, Dan Cathy and trying to clean up the PR mess he made.

A company president has a huge responsibility for their employees. He really dropped the ball by spouting off that his personal beliefs represent the entire company.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A break in the case.....

Has a hisory of:
* - Possession of Hay - in excess of 35g
* - Possession of Hay with intent to distribute
* - Possession, manufacturing and transport of Methane
* - Assault with intent to brand
* - Hate crimes against Chickens

Mr. Angus Downer Cow is a bovine of interest in the dissappearence and slaughter of one Cow, Ms. Oleary who has resided in the chicago area for her entire life. She disappeared the night of the great Chicago fire and has not been herd from since.

UPDATE -
Recently investigators received a tip from a confidential source inside the Smithfield Packing Company Slaughterhouse in Tar Heel, North Carolina implicating Mr. Angus Downer Cow in Ms. Oleary's disappearence along with the locations of the body. The source has not been identified to the public but we do know the source is on death row along with some pigs and chickens.

Law Enforcement executed search warrants at 4 locations and were seen removing items throughout the day. The 4 locations are:
* - Lone Star Steak House
* - The Outback
* - Ruby Tuesday's
* - White Castle

Investigators so far have also recovered a bolt gun which is believed to have been used in the killing of Ms. O'leary and possibly the current victim.

Investigators tell us the grazing will continue until an arrest is made. If you have any information you are encouraged to contact the USDA or your local Butterball hotline..

Humor aside it is a sad conclusion. Hopefully his family / friends will get the support they need for closure.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds to me chick-fil-a took care of some inside business. Such strange timing. Maybe it was an inside job so they could say "ok, the dude that didn't really appreciate gay people died so, come back and eat our chicken." Maybe it was the muppets controlled by a disembodied Jim Henson head? Maybe it was ........... a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Maybe because Obama appointed the VP of Monsanto to be the senior advisor of the FDA ?

new topics

top topics

join