It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people who are actually one.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

its just seems that your dreaming mind and waking mind are synced based on your description.

the women in your dream, the ex-wives, are the books in your actual life.

expect the same from the books as you experienced from you wives. i'd toss those books, if I were you.

maybe the books will be good for sex, but they probably aren't going to be what you are looking for.

maybe each one of the ex's got a book also...those books will probably be over their heads and be given away or something...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Hah! Why assume I'm being combative? I was simply explaining it to the poster I responded to...I was making no value judgements, legal or otherwise.

The lesson, nothing to do with 'women', it has to do with your subconscious...it's all about YOU. So, why do you think these two women have merged in your subconscious? Forget exterior qualities. Think about the relationships...what attracted you to them in the first place...etc. The answer is there, if you're willing to dig into yourself that deep.

I'm sorry. I wasn't referring to the here and now. I was referring to an "argument" we had in the music forum awhile back. I'm not looking for a fight sweetie, just some good conversation to help me come down from a dream that had me rattled.

I like your answers, but if I want to find what attracted me to them in the first place, I HAVE to look at the exterior qualities because that's what it was about. Sex. The first one especially. Horny AND stupid. The second one, kind of, but there was more to her than just that. I did "marry up" in that regard. I guess I just need to keep going up until I find what I need to keep me satisfied.

People have told me in the past that I set my standards too high in order to never reach them.

Thanks for participating Billiverden. I do appreciate your points of view and I do learn from them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I'll look into that book when I'm done with the other two, but just to clarify, the books weren't in the dream and I'm having a hard time connecting those two dots. I've always been spiritual. It has nothing to do with the people I put in my life.

The "two" I was referring to were the two women in the OP:

the one woman in my dream was actually a combination of the two.

Also, I looked up the book I mentioned and that is NOT the right title of the book I was trying to tell about ... so, ignore that book. My mistake, I'm sorry, and I forgot the title of the book which shows how we tend to choose and re-choose the same qualities in mates.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

its just seems that your dreaming mind and waking mind are synced based on your description.

the women in your dream, the ex-wives, are the books in your actual life.

expect the same from the books as you experienced from you wives. i'd toss those books, if I were you.

maybe the books will be good for sex, but they probably aren't going to be what you are looking for.

maybe each one of the ex's got a book also...those books will probably be over their heads and be given away or something...

The books are of a spiritual nature, not Kama Sutra. I bought the books because they seemed to be in sync with where I want part my life to go. You're half right about that one.

Neither of the ex's had a spiritual bone in their body so I'm not expecting to find any similarities there.

You used the analogy that you see books like women. You treat them like hookers. I see myself as a book of sorts in that in order to get me, you're going to have to read me cover to cover. You can't get to chapter 2 and then just throw away the rest. Homey don't play that. That's what the first 2 did. They looked at the pictures then lost interest. You get what you give I guess.

That 3rd wife you were referring to? Let's just say she WILL read cover to cover before anything happens, or there won't be a 3rd wife, and leave it at that. I don't expect anyone to fully "get" me, not with the life I've led, but at least put some heart into the effort and show some genuine concern for my station in life.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

i'm not being clear...this happens all of the time.

let me try this.

everything you think about the two ex-wives is also true about the two books you received. the same way you feel about the books at present, i assume, is how you felt about each of the women you married at one time and that is why you married them; only to find out it wasn't a long term situation.

you will discover that those books don't have a spiritual bone in their bodies...and I don't even know their titles.

its probably best for you to read them to discover this spiritual truth. after you are disappointed with how you spent the time...my shot at an interpretation will be clearer.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

And that's why I'm saving this thread on someone else's computer. Also, your responses are typically like that. It's like a person really has to decipher what you write in order to get what you said.

I will take all of that into consideration and I 'd like to thank everyone else also for their participation and help. i appreciate it and everyone has been helpful, but I'm late for work.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I was afraid someone would say that. How else can you accept responsibility for your past actions besides admitting you were wrong, learning from your mistakes and moving on though? What am I NOT doing?

the key here is forgiveness..it's a tough one, you must forgive yourself and the person/s in question. My ex-husband and I had divorced for more than 17 yrs and a few yrs back I wrote him a letter expressing my part in the failure of the relationship and that I took full responsibility for the things I did to hurt him and I asked for his forgiveness.

See even though for many years I held him as the culprit and the bad guy, I too played a role in how it went down. He never reciprocated and offered an apology in return..but then I didn't expect one..Forgiveness is something you do for yourself..it frees you to explore new avenues of your mind, heart and soul..and I must say it has been that for me...

Your higher self is urging you to look deep within your heart and soul and to not repeat the mistakes of the past..it wants to show you a secret that you are repeating some area/s of your life..and going backwards of sorts..sometimes It's good to take a breather from relationships and have a great relationship with yourself first..cleanse the hurt the anger and other things that cloud your mind..then you can move forward.sometimes at a snails pace..sometimes faster..that depends on you. One other thing..this does not just apply to relationships..but they seem to be key in our lives..and one of the best teachers we have that reflect the mirror of who we really are, if we take the time to look..I wish you well friend..try the forgiveness, write the letters..you don't have to mail them or give them to the 2 ex's....just explore that aspect and then re-read what you wrote..it's sure to be powerful..BUT be honest and remember no one needs ever see them.

Cheers on your journey Coco

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Any armchair analysts out there care to take a stab at what these dreams mean?

Well! Thankfully for you bro your in luck. Because I just happen to be an arm chair analysts and psychologist. And not only that! But on Fridays, for a limited time only, every once in a while. I am also a professional arm chair psychologist and analyst.

So here is my professional opinion on what your dream meant.

You sir are about to be trolled... There was more however, but that you do not need to know.

Oh and both of your ex's weren't the same person, they were and are both two different and individual people, you just didn't see that and don't see that. And also beware turtles, cake, peanut butter, and women folk.

That is all carry on.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
See even though for many years I held him as the culprit and the bad guy, I too played a role in how it went down. He never reciprocated and offered an apology in return..but then I didn't expect one..Forgiveness is something you do for yourself..it frees you to explore new avenues of your mind, heart and soul..and I must say it has been that for me...

I could not agree more. My relationship with my son's father became very abusive, and towards the end I feared for my life, not through plotting, but by accident, I was like a rag-doll to him. Four years on, we can sit in the same room, discuss our son, even have a laugh and a joke. I never want to be in a relationship with him, we are incompatible on that level, and in trying to make it work, we almost destroyed each other. Accepting that, and that it takes two to tango, no matter the circumstances, allowed me to forgive him, but far more importantly, myself. And, what never escapes me, is that for that experience, I am a better person, not to mention, I have a wonderful son, so, in a way, I can feel care and love for his father, because, despite the very bad times, I gained so much from it.

In the short term it may be easier to blame, but in the long term, it only destroys us. Especially on a spiritual level.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I like your answers, but if I want to find what attracted me to them in the first place, I HAVE to look at the exterior qualities because that's what it was about. Sex. The first one especially. Horny AND stupid. The second one, kind of, but there was more to her than just that. I did "marry up" in that regard. I guess I just need to keep going up until I find what I need to keep me satisfied.

Okay, firstly, when I said it was all about YOU, I was being pretty literal. The women, though they took the form of women you know, are, in your dreamscape, manifestations of you. Have you read or seen Carl Sagan's Contact? I'll assume you have, well in that, when the entities make contact, they assume a form that is familiar, that the contactee can understand, well your subconscious communicates with you in a similar fashion. It uses shapes and forms that you, consciously, can understand - given the necessary effort and introspection.

So...given your answers, the first wife, is 'horny and stupid'...the second, had more about her than that...

It is not about finding someone who satisfies you, it is about becoming a whole person, who doesn't rely on such superficial qualifications when judging others. You are what you eat. Monkey see, monkey do. These women are, in life, and in the dream, a reflection of you.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Neat little read":

Perhaps because they share a lot of similar traits and you have a hard time deciding what you enjoy more?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Sorry for the late reply I just seen this...and I did want to comment on your experience with your ex and the opportunity that presented itself because of your action..

I never want to be in a relationship with him, we are incompatible on that level, and in trying to make it work, we almost destroyed each other. Accepting that, and that it takes two to tango, no matter the circumstances, allowed me to forgive him, but far more importantly, myself.

I loved the key word (Accepting) isn't it amazing that when we accept something about someone else or ourselves we open the door of possibility to wonderful changes? we free up some space in hearts and heads..by the simple act of accepting..

Taking responsibility and forgiveness have always seemed to follow..whenever I have put acceptance into play..enjoyed your response..I wish you well Cheers Coco

top topics

<< 1   >>

join