It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people who are actually one.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I normally don't take too much stock in my dreams, but this is bit............strange.

About a month ago I had a dream where both of my ex-wives were the same person. The fact that they are of different races doesn't help make it any less strange, I'll tell ya. At the time I didn't think much of it, but I just woke up about 15 minutes ago and realized I had the same dream. They were "both" in my apartment and only when I woke up did I realize that the one woman in my dream was actually a combination of the two. While I was dreaming, it didn't dawn on me. She just seemed like
the type of woman I didn't necessarily want in my apartment. I actually remember thinking in my dream "She isn't what I really wanted." During the dream we're amicable towards each other, don't talk a lot but we never touch. By the end of dream though I'm getting agitated and impatient. At the end, I open the door and tell "her" that it's "time to go."

Now, I'm just going to chalk this part up to coincidence, but it certainly didn't help my feeling of "this is strange" when I woke up.Whenever I wake up I turn on the coffee pot and go outside for a smoke. When I opened the door, a box that was propped up on the door fell down. It was the two books I ordered a while back. Books that are spiritual in nature.

Any armchair analysts out there care to take a stab at what these dreams mean?

Again, I don't take too much stock in my dreams, but this has kind of got me wierded out.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Sounds more like a nightmare than a dream

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It wasn't pleasant, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

It seems like you are on a path to some sort of self discovery, you mentioned the books you purchased were spiritual in nature.

This may be a tug at your conscience mind to accept responsibility for the type of people you invite into your life. In that they were "a combination of the two"

Perhaps examine what it is exactly that you "Like and dislike" about these 2 women. Ultimately we attract people that are familiar to us in some way, they say men marry women like their mother and women marry someone like their father. Your inner being might be trying to get you to take a look at this and take responsibility for your own actions or inaction as the case may be.

news.sciencemag.org...

that's one source I'm sure their are many.

Are their aspects of this dream that suggest you are ready to move on in some way? close the door on old ways of thinking or behaving?

It might be time to take stock of your life and where it's headed, are you truly happy? do you like your life and your relationships? are there things you want to change and close the door on?

Take your time and listen to your inner being..dreams are clues into what we need to pay attention to in our waking lives..just my thoughts Cheers Coco

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a 'coincidence' my friend.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Again, I don't take too much stock in my dreams, but this has kind of got me wierded out.

Haha...You should take stock, especially when the same theme is repeated. I could give you an analysis, it seems very, very clear to me...but I think, that if you think about it, it will be equally clear to you. And then some.

Until you do accept what your subconscious is communicating or attempting to resolve, you will keep playing over the same theme.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sorry missed they were both ex's

edit on 27-7-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Uh well ,do you love your current wife?
Do you have a good relationship?
Is the dream reflecting the way you consciously feel or the opposite?

As I understand it, one is ex and one is soon to be ex, they're seperated

Hence my reply above.

His subconscious is trying to make sure he has learnt his lesson

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
you were dreaming about the books you ordered, you won't be fulfilled with either and will want to return them.

in dreams, girls are books, book are girls. or a could have been a way to describe the women you married as being artificial constructs and not real people.

that's why I don't go to church...joining the church means marrying the book and if you have a wife...you and your wife are basically having a three way with a book; more accurately, the feminine spirit that compiled it.

i could keep going on and on about this, but i've given you the gist of the meaning of your dream.
edit on 27-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
you were dreaming about the books you ordered, you won't be fulfilled with either and will want to return them.

in dreams, girls are books, book are girls. or a could have been a way to describe the women you married as being artificial constructs and not real people.

that's why I don't go to church...joining the church means marrying the book and if you have a wife...you and your wife are basically having a three way with a book; more accurately, the feminine spirit that compiled it.

i could keep going on and on about this, but i've given you the gist of the meaning of your dream.

As ludicrous as that at first sounded...on reflection, I have had dreams of an erotic nature involving women, though I am horrifyingly heterosexual, which is quite a disappointment to me, so that would make more sense as I would much rather read a book than have sexual relations with another woman. Though...I have never felt a sexual attraction to a book...I also could go on and on about this one...but ya know...think I shall resist...haha. But thanks, I kind of like what you said
oddly.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

That the OP had a dream where his ex-wives were actually the same person beneath the surface, I imagine. suggests he keeps doing the same things over and over again and expects different outcomes.

I think the remaining part of his experience was to reveal the nature of the types of things he brings into his life...the two books laying up against his door. He has two books which are possibly very different, but ultimately they will be about the same and equally unsatisfying.

I have experiences like this all of the time...where essences of things are suggested or even revealed by strange coincidences.

I'm not suggesting the OP person should or will be looking for another wife, but if he keeps those books too long a real opportunity might pass him up. the 3rd wife...is the keeper.

I don't own a single book and I read a lot and have read a lot and enjoy reading...I figure, if I need to read something, I'll access it over the internet, when I'm done, it goes away...but never again will I bring a book into my home; all kinds of things come with them. In a manner of speaking, I treat books like hookers. I treat real women like human beings who possibly have something interesting to say. maybe, i'll even learn something worth learning; especially spiritual stuff. i jokingly tell my wife that discussing her dreams gives a great deal of insight into how hell functions.

you'd be amazed at how many people do the exact opposite. they ignore the good stuff and eat until they are full the b.s.

that OP has two ex-wives who are not around, but two books laying up against his door, provides insight into his personal style of dealing with life. no offense implied.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Response to itscocobaby

It seems like you are on a path to some sort of self discovery, you mentioned the books you purchased were spiritual in nature.

Yeah, but I thought I had already gotten there. The books were more for clarification then anything else.

This may be a tug at your conscience mind to accept responsibility for the type of people you invite into your life. In that they were "a combination of the two"

I was afraid someone would say that. How else can you accept responsibility for your past actions besides admitting you were wrong, learning from your mistakes and moving on though? What an I NOT doing?

Perhaps examine what it is exactly that you "Like and dislike" about these 2 women.

Sex and the disparity in our intelligence levels respectively. I can't put it more succinctly and tactfully then that.

Ultimately we attract people that are familiar to us in some way, they say men marry women like their mother and women marry someone like their father. Your inner being might be trying to get you to take a look at this and take responsibility for your own actions or inaction as the case may be.

Change my tastes more to suit what I need to eat instead of what I want to eat. Stop the McDonald's and try A Different Pointe Of View instead. Makes sense to me.

Are their aspects of this dream that suggest you are ready to move on in some way? close the door on old ways of thinking or behaving?

Yes, but again, I thought I already had. The one problem I'm dealing with is that the "new ex" ( I feel like Ross from Friends now) simply isn't letting go, and it's getting aggravating. How can one person totally move on with the other hanging on to the coattails?

I've always had a thing about patience. When it comes to certain things, like what I want, I just don't have any. Give it to me and give it to me NOW woman. I'll have the patience of a saint when it comes to other people and what they need, but when it comes to me and what I want.........get out of my way because I'm going to take it.

I'm confronted with something right now that I both want AND need, and it's got me running blind. Figuratively and literally. Virgin territory here. But I really don't see what that has to do with this recurring dream.

You have been a big help though and I do thank you.

edit on 27-7-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Nice analysis
I'm impressed.

As to books, I'm with JB Priestley...if a books worth reading, it's worth buying.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Oh God, you again.

I'm just kidding, you're always a fun fight.

I call them both exes because in my mind I'm emotionally divorced from them both. Meaning the love required to maintain a relationship isn't there. I don't care much about what the law says about it. I'll deal with it for the legal aspects only. That's why people are like " But you're still married !!" Whatever. You see a ring? There's a reason for that.

For the sake of our daughter though I want to maintain civility with the 2 nd ex. That, and she really isn't such a bad person when she tries to be. She just has to try harder is all. The first one? Don't even know if she's dead or alive and couldn't care less either way. That door has been shut and has succumbed to dry rot years ago.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is, at what point exactly do you know that you've "learned your lesson"?

Or is that something you women decide?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Since you DO read (unlike many poor souls) and you have two Xes and since your dream combined the two ... I should recommend a book (which I have not read) called "What Colour is Your Parachute?"

I was told the book is about divorcees choosing particular qualities in their next spouse which just happen to be a mistake they had made in the prior marriage. In other words, repeatedly choosing a spouse with particular qualities that may be a mistake.

edit on 27/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No offense taken MB. I've been reading you for months now and I think I finally have you pegged. You take the long and complicated way home, but when you do get home you hit home. Your wife must have the patience of a saint to be able to "get"you. You're different but you make sense.

But that last paragraph:

that OP has two ex-wives who are not around, but two books laying up against his door, provides insight into his personal style of dealing with life. no offense implied.

Care to expound on that a bit? I'm not seeing through it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Since you DO read (unlike many poor souls) and you have two Xes and since your dream combined the two ... I should recommend a book (which I have not read) called "What Colour is Your Parachute?"

I was told the book is about divorcees choosing particular qualities in their next spouse which just happen to be a mistake they had made in the prior marriage. In other words, repeatedly choosing a spouse with particular qualities that may be a mistake.

edit on 27/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

I'll look into that book when I'm done with the other two, but just to clarify, the books weren't in the dream and I'm having a hard time connecting those two dots. I've always been spiritual. It has nothing to do with the people I put in my life.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Oh God, you again.

I'm just kidding, you're always a fun fight.

I call them both exes because in my mind I'm emotionally divorced from them both. Meaning the love required to maintain a relationship isn't there. I don't care much about what the law says about it. I'll deal with it for the legal aspects only. That's why people are like " But you're still married !!" Whatever. You see a ring? There's a reason for that.

For the sake of our daughter though I want to maintain civility with the 2 nd ex. That, and she really isn't such a bad person when she tries to be. She just has to try harder is all. The first one? Don't even know if she's dead or alive and couldn't care less either way. That door has been shut and has succumbed to dry rot years ago.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is, at what point exactly do you know that you've "learned your lesson"?

Or is that something you women decide?

Hah! Why assume I'm being combative? I was simply explaining it to the poster I responded to...I was making no value judgements, legal or otherwise.

The lesson, nothing to do with 'women', it has to do with your subconscious...it's all about YOU. So, why do you think these two women have merged in your subconscious? Forget exterior qualities. Think about the relationships...what attracted you to them in the first place...etc. The answer is there, if you're willing to dig into yourself that deep.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe personality wise they were the same person, in other words they had the same type of personality and maybe you were being guided against going for the same type of personality again, since both times it hasn't worked out. Now that's my Freudian standpoint.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Maybe personality wise they were the same person, in other words they had the same type of personality and maybe you were being guided against going for the same type of personality again, since both times it hasn't worked out. Now that's my Freudian standpoint.

I like that answer. I like it a lot.

As a side note, both times they were in my bed but nothing sexual took place.

The pieces are starting to fit. thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join