It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes has a Magic Nose... I'm Jealous!! Care to post your nose??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I know either a lot of people are checking out the old college pic of James Holmes and comparing it to the mugshot of "James Holmes".
And there are two sides of the fence;
1) You believe it is the same person, the same nose
2) You believe these photos are of two different people, with different noses obviously

Some are on the fence. Hopefully this thread will remove you from the fence.

In this thread I encourage everyone posting to post photos of your nose while you're smirking (or tight-lipped smiling) and one of your normal expression.

Here are my two photos. Hopefully you can easily see that the lower half of my nose (although 'fat') doesn't change very much if at all when smirking and when not smirking. But then again, I don't have a magic nose like "James Holmes"

Both of these photos were taken less than 1 hour ago with my camera phone - LG Rumor Touch. Let's focus on the nose, our noses, not our eyes mouths (except for the confirmation of smirk and non-smirk). Who else has proof of a magic nose???

edit on 27-7-2012 by six67seven because: thats a great nose, no?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Point is, the mugshot nose just doesn't have enough tissue to form into the old college photo nose. Well, that, and the fact that noses simply don't morph into new noses when one smirks. It just can't happen. Not to mention the other features that just don't match.

These are two different people. There is way more to the story than what is being told. This is completely nuts and feels like I'm being played.

edit on 27-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Like someone else said in a different thread, your nose flairs out when your smirk/smile, and goes back to normal and maybe even gets a bit more narrow when your lips are together.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Your pictures were taken seconds apart with the same camera.
His were years apart with different cameras.
The biggest flaw in your argument is no one who knows him personally has claimed its two different people.
Which basically proves its the same person.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Your physical features change over time. Add in stress, exercise, drug use, eating habits, sleeping habits, etc. and you wont look the same as you do now in 10 years or even 5. There is no great conspiracy here. The guy just looks different.
And if you think my theory is B.S., go on over to the faces of meth website. Most people are completely unrecognizable after a year. Not saying this is the case here, just one example.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
The biggest flaw in your argument is no one who knows him personally has claimed its two different people.

That's why I would like to know his mother's reaction to these pics which I know we'll never get.

My nose hasn't changed over the years. The college photo isn't from that long ago if its from college. he's only 24 now.

Cameras can make a slight differences, the college pic is not very good quality but I'm not sure that's the reason for the difference

My same nose from 4 years ago. Different camera, different time... still not magical

edit on 27-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by GmoS719

That's why I would like to know his mother's reaction to these pics which I know we'll never get.

My nose hasn't changed over the years. The college photo isn't from that long ago if its from college. he's only 24 now.

Cameras can make a slight differences, the college pic is not very good quality but I'm not sure that's the reason for the difference

Not only his mother but family, friends, class mates. You would think that at least ONE person would come out and say hey, that's not the James I knew.

So your nose hasn't changed...Does that mean that it doesn't happen to other people?

Cameras can make a lot of difference, angle, light, lens. There are a lot of factors. Not to mention he could have intentionally flared out his nose when he smiled.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Eh..
Take a picture smiling and flaring your nostrils.. In one pic he is smiling and possibly flaring his nostrils (which is what it looks like) and the second he is slack jawed (pulling his face down) while also scrunching his forehead (as you can see by the wrinkles) pulling half his face up.

I honestly think those differences account for his nose. So you should be having people take a pictures of themselves smiling with a CLENCHED jaw flaring their nostrils, then another of them slack jawed, not flaring their nostrils and also raising their eyebrows.

I think with those two differences you will see you can get very different appearing noses.

It's the same guy, and the same nose.
People change over time, and different muscles tightened can give varying appearances. Try what I am telling you (I will say you do have a more distinct nose though).
edit on 27-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

There is way more to the story than what is being told. This is completely nuts and feels like I'm being played.

Truth is, nobody NOSE anything. We only know what we see on television and read on the internet. Just how they want it. For all we know, that whole movie theater could have been filled with well trained actors reacting to blank gun shots.

I find it weird that we immediately saw James Holmes in court following the massacre. But when ATS suspect Jared Lee Loughner killed all those people in Arizona in 2011.....we never saw any court footage. Ever.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
will plastic surgery change a nose?

just asking...sometimes these types of things are complicated for me.

but i compared the two best photos old and new.

in the new one his chin is slightly higher than the old one but his adam's apple looks exactly the same to me.
edit on 27-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67sevenMy nose hasn't changed over the years

Well mine have, after i ran into a category 5 fire door while boozed. (2 inches of stainless steel)

It didn't only change shape, but enabled me to smell BS thousands of miles away.

Right now it triggered a master caution about major BS probably already covered on cluesforum.info...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

yep, i can only go off of my own experiences. 3 years ago, I was hitting flyballs to some co-workers to practice for our upcoming softball game and a girlfriend of a co-worker ran up to catch a flyball and she mistimed it and it hit her right in the nose. she had to have surgery to fix it. I felt terrible but it didn't change the shape of her nose. i suppose we have all made up our minds on this already. but im sticking to my guns here. hell the guy doesn't even know why he's locked up. and people have made up their minds on that too... that he is just acting to get an insanity plea. maybe. but to me, there are too many inconsistencies here for me to believe the official story. ill leave it be for now. hope everyone has a good weekend!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

yep, i can only go off of my own experiences. 3 years ago, I was hitting flyballs to some co-workers to practice for our upcoming softball game and a girlfriend of a co-worker ran up to catch a flyball and she mistimed it and it hit her right in the nose. she had to have surgery to fix it. I felt terrible but it didn't change the shape of her nose. i suppose we have all made up our minds on this already. but im sticking to my guns here. hell the guy doesn't even know why he's locked up. and people have made up their minds on that too... that he is just acting to get an insanity plea. maybe. but to me, there are too many inconsistencies here for me to believe the official story. ill leave it be for now. hope everyone has a good weekend!

No doubt that the official story is never the complete truth.
That's not the point here.
The point is its the same person in both pictures. The evidence points to it anyway.

new topics

top topics

join