It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What terrifies you the most

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its time to get deep people explain what your most mortal fear is not like a phobia were you are scared of clowns but something else something that only you fear like losing a child or falling to live up to someones explanations let it all out and explain why it terrifies you
edit on 27-7-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

My first response was, you first.

Then I realized that this thread is a half hour old and nobody has responded yet. Are we that afraid of sharing our fears with others?

Yep.

Theres your biggest fear: Vulnerability

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My disfuntional brain terrifies me the most...more than anything on this planet to be honest. Often more than death.

I am "extremely" epileptic. Everytime I feel a tingle, or an "odd feeling" I am terrified that I am going to go into a series of tonic-clonic siezures, or even status epilepticus.

Having months of your memory erased, and waking up confused in a hospital bed asking what year it is(and often being wrong) is not an experience I would wish on (almost) anyone.

The only idea that scares me more, would be the thought of passing this onto my children...which is why I have scrapped any plans to reproduce.

I feel more comfortable saying this stuff on ATS than I do in day to day life.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

My biggest fear huummm i would say being average just another normal human being while other people are out their doing great things i have many others like losing the relationship that i have with my dad right know

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Spiders..... Cant stand em....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I usually resist soliciting any information since usually its only purpose is to give social engineers more to work with as far as control over free individuals.

That said, I am game.

I fear the ocean.

There is something in it I just cant get over. I see it and think of evil. You know that feeling, when you see your enemy. I cant explain it. It is like instinct with certain people.

I have been around some very questionable people. Not like muggers. Refined criminals, professional and socially accepted grand thieves and their Social engineers.

I get a certain feeling around them. I know it sounds dumb, but I can know the thoughts of people my biology deems an enemy. I don't know if it´s that I just focus more on them, but I know their hearts. No doubt about it for me.

I get that same feeling from the ocean. Like a deep seeded evil my soul just knows. Like the school yard bully you have fought every day and just know when he will pull something.

I get that from the ocean. I know there is evil down there. I feel it and know it. We are at war.

edit on 27-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Bathrooms with windows. I've been terrified of this as long as I can remember. My heart races and I freeze up. And no, it's not because of the movie Psycho as people have told me. I never saw that movie untill I was 30 yrs old.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sheesh, I have to pick one?

The deep fear that I have is that the world destabilizes. I am young enough, with children - that the future seems tenuous at best. I like the world, and other that resetting the balance in our monetary and political systems, I want it to continue.

I have an unnatural fear of sharks and spiders terrify me.

I also have an irrational fear of trust. I find that people are in a general state of negativity and anxiousness. I see a lot of dishonesty and fear in the world right now. Everyone is on edge.

Cirque

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a lack of control. knowing somethings are inevitably out of our reach.
but the one thing that terrifies me is how people seem to have no true understanding of the world around them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Like the poster above me, my fear is also with control. Fear of losing control of my body, my mind, my life. The problem comes when you try so hard to hold on. In reality, you just have to let go. Let you life be in the hands of fate, accept everything, and just stop caring.

Imagine your life as water: when you keep an open palm, the water sits in your hand. When you squeeze your fist in an attempt to hold on to the water, it gushes between your fingers.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My three biggest fears.

Electric shock (been zapped before no fun)

Arachnids ( will tolerate them in the wild but if one even thinks about touching me I stomp them so hard I've been known to give myself shin splints.

Swimming in the ocean, surfacing to see a large ship heading right at me and having no chance to swim free of the prop suction.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My ex-wife remembering where I live

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
An ex girlfriend showing up at my door one day with twins saying hey we need to talk. Meet the kids you never knew you had.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's funny, because I don't actually fear anything. The thing that makes me the most upset, though, so I guess I'm "afraid" of it in that I don't like to feel upset is feeling overwhelming love.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I have a terrible fear of not dying a sudden death. A massive stroke is fine. A car accident is okay.

The horror that I imagine is, I am flying in a plane and it catches on fire. I am sure I will die of smoke inhalation, but I don't. The plane crashes into the ocean, but the crash doesn't kill me. Water fills the plain and I will drown, but I don't. Somehow I make it out of the plane, only to be torn apart by sharks.

BRRRR! I'd rather take a bullet in the head!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Governmental clowns and barrack obama

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

i would say being average just another normal human being while other people are out their doing great things

I wouldn't worry about that too much. If by great things you mean ambition, success and accomplishment in the world... if you mean you think you need to acquire money, power and status to stand out...

I say that even all that is insignificant compared to your simple desire to have a stronger relationship with your father. That is way above "average".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

I got this feeling when I read your post about epilepsy. The terms have changed today? I used to have girlfriend that had grand mal seizures and I would sit with her until they passed. It was very scary for her too. She told me once she was so glad that I sat by her to keep her from banging around too much or swallowing her tongue.

She didn't know that, somebody had to tell her. I was tripped out by it too. Since then, I have seen someone else flop down twitching in the road and right away I knew what it was and ran to their side and supported their head with my palm and talked to him. I wasn't scared anymore, and he was grateful too.

I hope and pray that you have or find someone who understands and does that for you too. I know what a difference that can make.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I know it sounds dumb, but I can know the thoughts of people my biology deems an enemy. I don't know if it´s that I just focus more on them, but I know their hearts. No doubt about it for me.

What an extraordinary gift. You have that rare sense of warning that tells you what to avoid. That warning "bell" for you is fear. Treasure that. Don't dwell on the fear part, just recognize it and act accordingly.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I also have an irrational fear of trust. I find that people are in a general state of negativity and anxiousness. I see a lot of dishonesty and fear in the world right now. Everyone is on edge.

Me too. I can't trust others. I am afraid that they are not genuine, that their true intentions will only turn out to be selfish and manipulative. So I protect myself by keeping my distance.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join