learn more

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I never said I wanted the flag shown at this olympics. I'm fully aware that the Union Flag is for GB.

What I said was as a Scotsman I was saddened that there was no Scottish flag. The only way there could be a Scottish flag is as you say if we get independence, which I am hoping will be the case for the next games.

If you tried reading what I said you will come back and apologise for the rant.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by XeroOne
Christ, this is embarassing. British people aren't really like this. Honest!

Yeah where are all the chavs and gangsta wannabees?

and islamists

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Ok, maybe it was a bit of a rant and I am sorry about that. Some Nobhead at work was winding me up, then I read your comment and, I'll be honest, when I see people saying Scottish this and that at English peoples expense it gets up my nose so your bore the brunt.

As for the independence malarky, I genuinely hope you guys don't leave as Salmond is a slimy git who is peddling lies. It will only end in the ruination of Scotland and I like Scotland/Scottish people. It would appear the majority in Scotland see this too. Yes, the SNP got voted in but wasn't on the independence ticket, but rather the raft of social policies which, if you're honest, Scotland could not afford as an independent country.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I didn't get to see all the ceremony but what I did see of it I thought it was rubbish and most of my British friends thought the same. I started watching at the point where there were a load of kids obviously recruited from council estates somewhere dancing around a house wearing face paint and texting each other. Then a Somali dude starts dancing around in a loft with this girl. Actually I was like...what the hell is this crap!

Only part I liked was the speed boat, fireworks and the lighting of the Cauldron (liked the way the flames came together).

Basically the ceremony just reminded me of the masses of trivial minded wasters we have overhear that's all!
edit on 28-7-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I never said I wanted the flag shown at this olympics. I'm fully aware that the Union Flag is for GB.

What I said was as a Scotsman I was saddened that there was no Scottish flag. The only way there could be a Scottish flag is as you say if we get independence, which I am hoping will be the case for the next games.

Hopefully you will have your indepedence by the next olympics so you will have your own team.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
All,

I'm back. I read through most but not all of the pages.

1) This is a conspiracy site and I posted the thread under General Conspiracies. If you don't like conspiracies then you are in the wrong place.

2) If every bit of the opening ceremonies made perfect sense to you, meaning you understood what was being communicated and you didn't see anything suspicious at all - just a celebration of athletes then you need to go to a conspiracy boot camp. In all of what we call 'rituals' performed on a grand scale there are multiple layers. The top layer is for the non-critical masses - History of England, National Healthcare, Pop-Culture, Athletes, Art, Fireworks.
The second layer are for non-critical political operatives - Environmentalism, National Healthcare, Social Justice. The third and fourth layers start telling the real story.

3) Everyone should be critical and ask WHY. Why are they showing us the industrial revolution and using the words 'satanic mills', why were millions put in to designing a stadium so that at the end of the show for 30 seconds there would be an all seeing eye, eye of providence, eye of horus, lit-afire? On the same token, why so much money put in to forming pyramids around the stadium, embedding them within the show (e.g. the attic). Why show the man and woman dancing in the attic of the house? Why, why, why?

4) Edit to add - this thread was never about false flags. I never mentioned it. Your just wasting bandwidth bringing that up.

Once you start asking critical questions then suddenly the show won't seem like it was put on by a 'common bloke' doing '___'.

The major themes of the 'ceremony' were:

1) Knowledge represented by the tree and by fire (i.e. Prometheus stealing fire from Heaven). It was placed on high and worshiped by the nations with their flags planted in subordination.

2) The eye. The stadium was designed as the outer part of the eye complete with illumination. The performers formed the eye lid several times throughout the show. It culminated with a flaming eye being raised up to form the iris in the middle of the stadium and then a few brief shots from above to confirm it to everyone. The eye is the central symbolism in use and there are tons of resources available to learn about it.

3) The underworld. The 'underground'. Top layer = subway. How many demons roaming the subways again leading to a giant death figure rising up?

4) Demons/Death - In the creatures attacking the children and 'Voldemort'.

5) Solar worship. The creation of a rising solar disc at the end along with the theme of death and heaven.

6) A hidden theme - Birth of (?). It started with the sperm, transitioned to the giant baby, and ended with the boy being risen.

The music played along reaffirming the themes. There is still a lot to parse in this but the naively suggest we just watched a bit of theater that came out of one person's mind and has nothing to do with anything except to put on a good show -- well if you believe that then you aren't ready for ATS.

edit on 7/28/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Well the st andrews cross is in every union jack isn't it! So why are you complaining. Scotland is the only nation ever in history to have sold it's independence for money. Even my astute scottish friends know this slight awkward fact. Seems you are doing the usual whining for the sake of it.

Oh, by the way, I have lived in Scotland for the last 33 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Wow.........just can't accept that Danny Boyle has given the world a quick history lesson and highlighted the fact that Britain is not a land of gentry with everyone speaking with marbles in their mouth.He reminded everyone of that britain is full of ordinary people who like their National Health and music!!!

It was a slick show not a conspiracy, tough deal with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

The irony is, had they been independent for this one, they wouldn't have had the facilities, the coaches, the funding or any other support structure that Team GB provides. So yes, they may well have had a team, but medals? No chance.

Chris Hoy would never have won his golds had Scotland been independent. He has trained in Manchester for years. Scotlands only world class velodrome is currently still being built, with support I might add from the UK Government.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It didn't really look like an eye - the stadium is round!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I love a bit of craic and banter with our Scottish friends but that post was bang out of order - is it any wonder that Scots think us English are pricks?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I don't care, I've had worst thing said to me by the scots and the welsh, and I didn't get all moody about it.
BTW I'm a scouser so they can call me a thieving scouse drug dealing scumbag if it makes them feel better.
stick and stones and all that.
edit on 28-7-2012 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

No matter what we say or do they'll always hate us.
edit on 28-7-2012 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The eternal English view of Scotland ... "you're too poor, too small, too stupid". Yet still England clings to Scotland like a limpet to a rock, I truly wonder which nation depends on which for what.

Well, some Scots don't kowtow anymore. Our athletes are already making a little stand on the subject, some are refusing to sing "God Save The Queen" at the ceremonials. And from such small acorns large oak trees grow. Time's on our side.

I thought the ceremony itself was truly spectacular, I can't imagine how much planning went into it. In the words of Dizzee Rascal, "some people think i'm bonkers" and the ceremony was exactly that, totally nuts yet very endearing too. A tremendous success for London and the people of it's east end.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Revelation: 2012 london olympics opening ceremony

After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of every nation and of all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes...

And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on the mount Zion...

And they sing as it were a new song before the throne...

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountain green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?
And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among those dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land

theblackbookwisdom.yolasite.com...

edit on 28-7-2012 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthernThird

Well, some Scots don't kowtow anymore. Our athletes are already making a little stand on the subject, some are refusing to sing "God Save The Queen" at the ceremonials. And from such small acorns large oak trees grow. Time's on our side.

I think if they really wanted to make a protest they should of went further and refused to be in team GB altogether...but like you said they're only making a little stand.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The struggle for Scottish independence will still take another generation, despite all our hopes for the impending referendum. You can't reasonably expect an athlete to relinquish their good years ... and they might only have 2 or 3 years at peak fitness ... while everyone patiently waits for a yes vote.

I noticed during the interminable parade of athletes last night (how awful of them to spoil the occasion) that there was a category for stateless athletes/independents ... maybe the Scots could apply for that category next time.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't care, I've had worst thing said to me by the scots and the welsh, and I didn't get all moody about it.

Who hasn't?
I'm from the North East and I visit Scotland regularly - I'm sure you can imagine some of the things that have been said to me - didn't want to sound like a sanctimonious old git, but there's a time and place for thing's.

No matter what we say or do they'll always hate us.

The vast majority don't hate us - although it's very rare that they'll admit that.
They do tend to have a very low opinion of Londoners and Southerner's in general - but who hasn't?

I think if they really wanted to make a protest they should of went further and refused to be in team GB altogether...but like you said they're only making a little stand.

Well, got to say I agree with you there.

Personally I would never represent something I didn't believe in.

Yet still England clings to Scotland like a limpet to a rock, I truly wonder which nation depends on which for what.

The Union was brought about at the request, even insistance, of Scotland - all for a price of course - but we shouldn't mention that as it doesn't quite fit into your one-sided take on things.

The vast majority of English people would like the independance issue settled as soon as possible and you to have your referendum tomorrow - the only people delaying the vote are Salmond and his SNP.
Have you never wondered why?

And that delay is beginning to harm Scotland with investors being reluctant to risk their money in a country with an uncertain future.

But that's an arguement for another time and place.

For the time being let's just concentrate on the here and now and enjoy the occassion and cheer on all the British competitors no matter which part of the UK they come from.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm from the North East and I visit Scotland regularly - I'm sure you can imagine some of the things that have been said to me - didn't want to sound like a sanctimonious old git, but there's a time and place for thing's.

Your right, I'll admit it I was a bit out of order...a poor attempt at humour.

The vast majority don't hate us - although it's very rare that they'll admit that. They do tend to have a very low opinion of Londoners and Southerner's in general - but who hasn't?

Well thats true I'd rather spend time in the company of scots, than a bloody southerns.

Well, got to say I agree with you there. Personally I would never represent something I didn't believe in.

Me neither.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Independence from whom? The ancestors of a group of British tribes who were beaten by the Irish 1200 years ago, wanting independence from the ancestors of the British tribes who weren't ..... How daft is that??????

(although it's more complicated than that since Strathclyde extended down to modern Cumbria and obviously Northumberland includes the rest of northern England as well - so what Scotland actually is is a very moot point)

As an aside, would the Germans be better off if they also fragmented back into seperate states?

edit on 28-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join