It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Lost in all of the controversy of the "Made in China" of the US delegation uniforms is the "faggy" short jackets worn by the US men. I dont know if this is supposed to be an androgenous look or what but it is certainly not in keeping with the classic look (despite the double breasted blazers) of Ralph Lauren. All I can say is that they are not very masculine (a mans jacket should come down to where he can cup it in his hand with his extended arms down and hand cupped with fingers up....not just above the butt line like in womens clothing).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
All i wanna know is, who told the US Olympic Team that beret's looked anything but absurdly stupid?

I was wondering at which point in our history did we wear beret's.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can watch the ceremony online? As in a replay, the whole thing. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

maybe when we kicked the nazi's out of france?

or in the 60's, when beatniks wore them with turtlenecks?

The only berets you see any more are on rich ladies in the Hamptons, or the military.

It would be more fitting to wear a cowboy hat.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't like the chicoms but they had a hell of a show, this one was filled with that

british slap stick god save the queen bore fest.. They should of went with harry potter flying through

the stadium, make it look like they were playing quidich.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

i know what they were called. the question is did they include the whole nation in their ceremonies? or just the city it was held in?

and why does somebody always have to pick fault with somebodies opinions? all i have written is how the opening made me feel from what i saw and 'heard' spoken from peoples mouths. it is not debunkable, even if you disagree with my opinion.

and i can guarantee i am not the only one who feels like it. and it is not a problem just an observation.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by capone1

maybe when we kicked the nazi's out of france?

or in the 60's, when beatniks wore them with turtlenecks?

The only berets you see any more are on rich ladies in the Hamptons, or the military.

It would be more fitting to wear a cowboy hat.

and wana be artist, forgot about them.. oh and the dude from mythbusters
edit on 27-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

....WE ??... "kicked the nazis out of France" ....
*cough*

Obviously you`re not saying America beat Germany .... that would be ... silly

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
why can't we just discuss the Olympics..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan

now i was 10 at the tome but the 84 olympics in LA, didnt they go over the whole history of the US. It's a little blurry. i might have killed a few brain cells in college

You're older than me, I have no idea.

I was four at the time, and too interested in stopping my mum from taking my Spiderman pajamas off and making wear normal clothes...

...I'm not sure if I should be proud of that memory, but I am.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eternium

I thought I heard Bob Costas earlier say "nbc.com" (click on an Olympic link I presume).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

...I'm sure there's a 'sportsforum.com' or something if all you want to talk is people playing games.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
They are just whipping through these aren't they ? I remember they used to let them walk and wave a little longer than this .

It's like Germany , okay Russia , okay Vlakpsblkaavia , Okay Sooochis, Okay Vynes , Okay....

Thry had the drums going so it might speed up the walking

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry, but that whole thing was just incredibly dull. I didn't need a history lesson on the Industrial Revolution.

I changed the channel.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

UN peacekeepers wear blue berets. I think there are some Americans in their ranks? Make of that what you will.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Attendance was horrible. You all notice how empty the stadium was>?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

All i wanna know is, who told the US Olympic Team that beret's looked anything but absurdly stupid?

I was wondering at which point in our history did we wear beret's.

Good question....I think that the only connection is the Green Berets which started in Vietnam after the French were there (former French Indochina)...and now the beret (black) has been adopted by the army (presumably to make the regulars feel "special" (as in special forces). But how we got from there (the military) to a civilian fashion item is beyond me....and beyond some globalistic point that they might be trying to make.
edit on 27-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

i know what they were called. the question is did they include the whole nation in their ceremonies? or just the city it was held in?

and why does somebody always have to pick fault with somebodies opinions? all i have written is how the opening made me feel from what i saw and 'heard' spoken from peoples mouths. it is not debunkable, even if you disagree with my opinion.

and i can guarantee i am not the only one who feels like it. and it is not a problem just an observation.

They had open air, big screen showings in loads of places, and Olympic parties. I guess it's the organizer's fault that you didn't go to one of them too?

How would you have included everyone, just out of interest? What would you have done?

Yes your opinion, is infact your opinion. However, you have stated your opinion on a public discussion forum, therefore, your opinion as stated, is up for discussion, hence my replies. Or do you like talking to yourself, or only like conversing strictly with people whom agree with you?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

it's more productive then playing pretend on here.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Some of the replies in this thread are an absolute disgrace.

The whole purpose of the modern Olympics is to bring nations together in peace and to compete with each other without war.

Regardless of what is going on in the world, it serves as a reminder of what could be achieved. If you really cannot celebrate that without putting something dark into it, maybe you have a problem not the world.

Conspiracies do exist yes but I am completely shocked at some of the utter garbage theories in this thread, its always negative, negative, negative and even more negative.

Disgusted.

edit on 27-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join