It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyzan

i enjoyed it

haters will hate

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
Compared to Beijing this seemed tacky and clumsy. There appeared to be very little structure and the timing and chorography was terrible. The highlight for me was seeing the Queen looking majorly pissed off.

I liked it. Kinda creepy/cool. Nice job London!!
I'm not sure anything was better than the Beijing opening ceremonies in 2008 though.
Maybe it will be topped by 2016 Chicago?
edit on 27-7-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
This is really amazing. I am not watching it live, it's not something which interests me too much.

On all other sites, people are cheering and raving about this spectacle, many are actually crying...the general opinion is that the show is absolutely awesome.

And what have we here? NEGATIVITY, NEGATIVITY, NEGATIVITY

You guys totally disgust me. You cannot even get joy out where the rest of the world is having fun and is blown away in awe? What has become of your lives...are you even still human or already entirely controlled by your conspiracy, illuminati, NWO fantasies?

They are watching reruns of 2008 opening ceremony!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Compared to Beijing this seemed tacky and clumsy. There appeared to be very little structure and the timing and chorography was terrible. The highlight for me was seeing the Queen looking majorly pissed off.

I liked it. Kinda creepy/cool. I'm not sure anything was better than the Beijing opening ceremonies in 2008 though.

2016 is in Rio.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

I liked it. Kinda creepy/cool. I'm not sure anything was better than the Beijing opening ceremonies in 2008 though.

2016 is in Rio.

Crap. I didn't know they announced that yet.
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's painful reading (mostly but not all) Americans trying to figure something out without being spoon fed.

Here we go:

1st part of the show, celebrating British culture, and what made Britain 'Great', in an artistic and entertaining manner.

2nd Part, entertainment for the kids, also enjoyable for adults not waiting on bombs to go off, or the appearance of the Anti Christ.

3rd part, celebrating British exports, which are world renowned.

4th part, entrance of the Athletes.

5th part, celebration of British art, culminating in lighting of the cauldron.

I see no other complaints coming from any other countries. Is there a reason it wasn't shown live? Maybe it's so the rest of the world could educate you before watching.

Sorry, I failed you in that responsibility.

edit on 27-7-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Can somebody please give me a rundown of the poems/writings of European arts that were represented during the opening ceremonies?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My heart has been in my chest the whole #ing time. Worried, awe struck by the beauty and creativity. pit of the stomach feeling thanks to ATS. happy, and awe struck.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Proud to see Latvia walk through!

edit on 27-7-2012 by KireDj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
after watching the opening ceremony i didn't pick out any symbolism, all it told me was this is London's games for London only and to show the world London is a great city.

although I am from Great Brittan I didn't really feel like a part of it as I don't live in London. that is the only feeling I had about it or felt the speeches and ceremony screamed out the most.

I suppose it is the London Olympics i just thought they would include the rest of Brittan in with it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well, everyone still seems pretty alive to me.
Can we please stop with all the false flag prophecies now?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Anyone know where I can watch this now? Online?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Can somebody please give me a rundown of the poems/writings of European arts that were represented during the opening ceremonies?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
after watching the opening ceremony i didn't pick out any symbolism, all it told me was this is London's games for London only and to show the world London is a great city.

although I am from Great Brittan I didn't really feel like a part of it as I don't live in London. that is the only feeling I had about it or felt the speeches and ceremony screamed out the most.

I suppose it is the London Olympics i just thought they would include the rest of Brittan in with it.

You must have missed all the stuff that made Britain 'Great' then, all it's culture, it's history, it's famous denizens such as Brunel, or all our great exports such as music or literature?...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
reply to post by Strakha

i;d agree with you at the first part of the opening ceremonies, but after the parade of athletes and a boring speech, it get so much better. The torch lighting is really cool. i was truly impressed

Maybe I was expecting too much as the bar has been set rather high in recent years. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Brazil will do. It will likely be filled with colour and leave me with a good feeling. I was thinking the UK is a cold and rainy place so that might be the reason I didn't feel so great after watching it. Too much movement without rhythm or rhyme could be another reason. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

no i saw all that, and still felt the same. I am probably not the only one. but like i said it is titled the London Olympics. I don't feel they did a good enough job making everyone feel a part of it. there were certainly en-thesis on it being about London Only.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. After reading through the 36 pages of drivel, it is quite apparent that no matter what the ceremony was going to be you people were going to hate it regardless. Some of the insane stretches at symbolism is astonishing. Most of you people really are very poorly. You should be embarrassed but I know you can't and probably never will be able to see past your delusions. I have never seen such crazy nonsense in all my years of reading ATS. Shameful..

edit on 27-7-2012 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

no i saw all that, and still felt the same. I am probably not the only one. but like i said it is titled the London Olympics. I don't feel they did a good enough job making everyone feel a part of it. there were certainly en-thesis on it being about London Only.

???

What were the Olympics in Beijing called? The China Olympics?
Sydney? The Australia Olympics?

Are you seriously claiming all that stuff I listed, was born of London?
edit on 27-7-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

now i was 10 at the tome but the 84 olympics in LA, didnt they go over the whole history of the US. It's a little blurry. i might have killed a few brain cells in college

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All i wanna know is, who told the US Olympic Team that beret's looked anything but absurdly stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join