It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Does this look like anything we saw tonight? It's the first thing I thought of.

Great Serpent Mound

Great Serpent Mound

Researchers have attributed construction of the mound to three different prehistoric indigenous cultures. Although it was once thought to be Adena in origin, now based on the use of more advanced technology, including carbon dating and evidence from 1996 studies, many scholars now believe that members of the Fort Ancient culture built it about 1070 CE (plus or minus 70 years). There are still anomalies to be studied.[3] Serpent Mound is the largest serpent effigy in the world.[4]

Also..

The Serpent Mound is the largest effigy mound in the world. While there are several burial mounds around the Serpent mound site, the Serpent site does not contain any human remains. It was not constructed for burial purposes. The Cherokee relate the legend of the Uktena, a large serpent with supernatural appearance and power. The existence of the legend attests to the importance of the figure. Researchers have speculated that perhaps ancient native people created large totemic shrines that were built on platforms made of earth and stone. Such an effigy could have been destroyed by war or changes among inheriting cultures, with the result that only the platform (the mound) was left.[citation needed]

What's it mean? I don't know. But it's interesting none the less.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well you know I can't argue with that, I just don't like the manner many of the members here take to bashing people for having different opinions.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I feel a ATS Super Thread coming on.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

nevermind.
delete this mods if you want.
edit on 27-7-2012 by notkmarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

That's a bit of a stretch, most of what we saw contributed to Britain's historic past, being American myself I actually learned a bit from the ceremony.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

I respect peoples opinions, but do those opinions really need to belittle and insult somebody? The whole idea of the games is to bring people, nations etc together, it is a positive, happy occasion and seeing people write obscenities about anybody, especially someone I hold in high regard, makes my blood boil.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anyone notice that foreign dignitary give what looked suspiciously like a Nazi salute when the German team came out...?

The dude did look about 85. The atmosphere probably reminded him of Nuremberg. Old habits die hard...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That's good to know, I think that was part of the idea, to show other nations how Britain became what it is from the industrial revolution.

Nice to know you paid attention and understood what was going on.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

haha I saw that myself, but brushed it off as just an odd gesture...you got me wondering though.

link   

Wait so the pyramids dont strike you as odd? I sat thought the whole thing, the whole 4 and so hours, and those pyramids just kept catching my eye. That and the fact that the Queen didn't seem the least bit concerned about UK even when she opened the games....

What pyramids?...the floodlights?.....a triangular structure, in engineering, is the strongest structural building you can build.

Our Queen is nearly 90 years of age....In hope if I get to that age (unlikely) that I am as concerned as she is!

link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
I know your not flaming me mate......but you need to understand that symbolism is not just at the Olympics.....if you look for it, it is everywhere!

Go to your local supermarket tomorrow, how much symbolism do you think you will find there?

Really....look at how the big corporations are selling and marketing stuff....it's all symbolical.....symbols sell!

Ok so what you say is fairly accurate. Corporates add symbolism into their logos and products and so on - i totally agree.

The main difference to me is that my supermarket or their products aren't viewed intensely by billions in one of the biggest events on the planet. Think of all the energy that is put into this thing - from those involved, from the planners, from those viewing both at the time and later on, its like a massive energy vacuum,

If they encode theier wishes, goals, beliefs, etc into these things just imagine how many people see ti and how much energy is poured into it. In my view, this is why the opening and closing ceremonies are so heavily occult and symbolic. In terms of occult magic and the like, their seems be much to gain from these types of ceremonies/rituals.

By all means, we dont have to agree on it. I understand where you are coming from, i just happen to come from the perspective that the symbolism isnt a coincidence and that it means something.

Bottom line i guess neither of us ACTAULLY know. Its speculation either way. It is fun to play 'spot the occult symbol' though

edit on 27-7-2012 by srsen because: .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't understand why do some people are complaining about conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theories website.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
it was just fabulous and i feel better for witnessing such a spectacle - fair restores my faith in humanity, it does. just wonderful.

edit to add because i guess i better --- SARCASM!
edit on 27/7/12 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by mikemck1976

That's a bit of a stretch, most of what we saw contributed to Britain's historic past, being American myself I actually learned a bit from the ceremony.

Wasn't trying to stretch anything. Just said it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thing in the middle of the stadium. That's all. Plus it's the symbolism of it, and what it means, not geographic location.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thegrayones

Of course there were some wild ideas throw out there but none quite as fanciful as you saying nothing can happen because it's a celebration? Now who is being unrealistic?

I didn't say nothing can happen, I said nothing will happen....let's talk again on 17th August when nothing did happen hey?

Is that realistic enough for you?

link   
reply to post by UnwelcomeGuest

There are conspiracies and there is common sense.

People tend to read into some things too much, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, if they didn't then the real conspiracies might slip by unnoticed.

But there are times when it is blatantly obvious, if you use a little common sense, that there is no conspiracy, just a bunch of very bored people who think they are onto something when they aren't.

link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Fantastic show.

It was all about England emerging from green pastures, through the industrial age, to modern day.

The "sperm" as people put it was (the tail bit anyway) the Thames river, probably as it was the main in/out of London through all the ages.

The show also symbolised birth, death and the fragility of human life, and how in Britain all colours and creeds have came together to unite as one.

No conspiracies, no occult symbolism, just a nice warm atmosphere with all different kinds of people in a way the whole human race should be, united.

And the poster who was slagging off the Queen, she is an 80 odd year old woman who had to sit there for a couple of hours(ish) representing her country, if she wants to pick her nails, she is bloody well entitled to do so, she has done more for this country than you will in your sad little life, grow up and learn some respect.

Like what? Earning an undeserved position simply for belonging to a certain bloodline? GOSH!! Quite the achievement indeed!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Anyone notice that foreign dignitary give what looked suspiciously like a Nazi salute when the German team came out...?

The dude did look about 85. The atmosphere probably reminded him of Nuremberg. Old habits die hard...

Yeah we noticed it! Go back through the thread, maybe around pages 10-13ish? Someone posted a .gif of it!

Camilla Parker Bowles (sp?) was behind him laughing at him! Not convinced that is used ONLY for Nazi Hitler, i think it has an acceptable reason for use, though i could be wrong.

I laughed when i saw ti though! Couldnt believe he had to balls to actully do it in front of billions of home viewers!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a triangular structure, in engineering, is the strongest structural building you can build.
reply to post by Argyll

Indeed that's why the pyramids were built as pyramids, and I simply said they were odd, just giving my opinion to this thread that's all.

and old age or not, she didn't she too concerned with what was happening. I'm in no way bashing the queen as I have read and study all she has done for the Brits, but it just didn't seem like she was having a good time as everyone else was, though she is a woman of proper etiquette, so maybe that contributed to it. Oh and the scene with her and Bond was gold lol

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join