It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
omg India girls look amazing in yellow

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well said mate - it can be enjoyed and study=ied at once. I know i am certainyl in that category!

reply to post by Argyll

Dude, im not stupid, of course it goes back further. Im just saying its an interesting tie-in. Its actually my fave movie soundtrack, so i actually loved it!

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah it was going along very quick. But the theme was establishing Jeruselum in Britains "green and fertile land' - tie this in with the Zion symbolism and all that and it gets interesting. Undoubtedly and underworld theme going on to though,

THis to me suggests Osiris could be relevant to it as well - Lord of the Underworld. THough i havent noticed anything yet.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A little more on the flag dipping.

The story is that it was codified in 1936 at Hitler's Olympics and that we never dipped again not even for Reagan.

But the Americans had not even dipped for President Reagan at the 1984 Games in Los Angeles. And, by that time, the Soviet Union and other nations also had stopped dipping.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

The elder Jesus aka Issa, post-resurrection (recussitation) is said to have travelled as far as France and England..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't think they'll show if America dips or not. We seem to be getting a very initial glimpse of the nations walking in and not much more.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Haha ...yer right!

In the times of austerity, we spend £9 billion on this pile of dog chit......£9 billion of tax payers money......for what?

The only people there are the middle classes and the only people to benefit are corporations.......and you want me to celebrate?

£9 billion could create a lot of long term jobs for the long term unemployed and not 100,000 on minimum wage for a few months

Austerity my arse

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I'm in the UK and watching this live, all I see is a lot of really bland and boring stereotypical imagery that doesn't actually relate to the UK in reality.

A lot of this is more embarrassing that interesting.

As it went along it fit England for me. I'm from the uk and enjoying it. The music is good because it's British. I'm biased . I didn't care for the beginning with the grass. Mr bean represented British humor.

I live near Vancouver and remember feeling embarrassed by our show.

This parade of nations is a bit tedious.

I muted to get the phone, did I miss Great Britain? Or are they at the end? I'm at Jamaica

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just heard Israel tried to get a mentioning for "what happened 40years ago" but they didn't get it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Great britain is at the end, as always the host is

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I just love this: all the nations together peacefully.

Wanna see more like it...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

No aliens.

Where are they ?

So, I was right ?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Quite agree - they are all so happy. I am forgetting it is here in the UK (and its not raining!).

Not so bad so far. I was dreading there would be a cringe-worthy appearance of Boris in a Bus!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

No aliens.

Where are they ?

So, I was right ?

I hear they are in Canada.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Wait til 's' as space nations :-)

link   
i agree its wonderful seeing everyone together happy, peaceful and having fun, hope it lasts.

link   
reply to post by svetlana84

countries only get to together when there's sporting events, that it

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
I just love this: all the nations together peacefully.

Wanna see more like it...

More like, forget different nations, just people of Earth uniting. I hate the way we are united but also segragated by national colours, flags, etc.

Thats the one thing i dislike bout the Olympics, it reinforces the imaginary concept of 'national pride' - as George Carlin said, how can someone be proud of an accident such as being born on generic piece of land.

But, we ARE all connected and one, so at least everyone is togerther and happy for this

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Mainly women in charge of carrying the flags

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

It s grand! Congrats to the island!

They had me already, when 007 and the Queen jumped in with parachutes!

Then the wonderful musical history, i was singing alon loud in my bedroom :-)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

No aliens.

Where are they ?

So, I was right ?

I never said there would be aliens

I had a terrible premonition of a bomb blast of some kind, and ive been sending positive thoughts out in hopes that in doesn't happen. but i doubt the visitors (aliens) will show themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join