It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To American Gun Owners. You Should Be Forced To Pay Another TAX.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yep, i knew the headline would get your attention.

(MODS, sorry if this is in wrong forum)

After reading and hearing some of the story's about the Innocent victims in the Aurora theatre massacre having to pay for their own medical bill's after being shot in this horrific crime, i was at first shocked and then disgusted by this.
I still cant believe that is the case.

What type of country do you live in when you make the Innocent victims of a crime pay for their own treatment.
It certainly ain't the land of the FREE, thats for sure.

You gun owning Americans should be forced to pay another TAX on every single one of your guns and gun related purchase's. This TAX should be called " The Innocent Victims Of Gun Related Crime TAX ".
This TAX should go to an Independently controlled Commission that will see this TAX go to pay for ALL the medical treatment, rehabilitation and compensation for every innocent victim of gun related crime in the USA no matter what their age or race is.
And for every extra innocent life injured or killed in a gun related crime, the TAX should be increased and the USA State that the crime happened in should receive a large fine too. (maybe then they would get serious about stopping gun related crimes in their area)
Only when you have to start paying from your own pockets will you start to understand that there is a real price to pay for owning such a weapon.
Its about time you 2nd amendment screaming Americans started thinking about everyones rights and not just your own.
These people had the right to sit and watch a movie in safety, they should also have the right to free medical care because some gun weilding maniac shot them.
As the old saying goes, "You broke it, You bought it"

edit on 27-7-2012 by WozaMeathed because: I Made Me Some Mistakes

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why not a drunk drivers tax?

We should have to pay for all the drunk drivers causing injury by taxing the sale of gas and automobiles to pay for the victim...

at least by your logic, and believe me there are far more drunk driving deaths than gun deaths.

and if not on the cars, than surely on the price of alcohol...

A "victims of alcohol abuse tax"
edit on 27-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

You may need this friend:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
By the way would the compensation be payed by the city council or by the state govt? Another sad day in the lives of Americans ... Still some people moan about freedom... I really feel sorry for those people
ugggghhh.... what is happening to this country??

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nah....we pay enough taxes....the next move should be....as Switzerland did....gun ownership is mandatory....

Wanna talk about a reduction in crime? Lets say you are planning a crime...gonna knock off a well to do house....in the old system...there was always the question of 'does the homeowner have a gun?" In this system....there is no question about it. You get shot in the act....oh well...another sponge out of the system....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I know the pro-gun lobby will skin you alive, but don't feel alone, I agree fully with you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Personally I'd prefer a psycho tax for the parents that whelped this monster, but it makes about as much sense as taxing someone who bought a brand new .22 to plink beer cans with for the crimes of someone half a nation away who used more bombs than guns anyway. Logic kinda stops somewhere before this seems to work out.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

How about a coward tax for those choses not to own a gun? You are a burden on society. Gun owners are less likely to need police assistance when an intruder breaks in.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well, I hate to do this.
Maybe you should be a victim once and see what you think then.

Now if that is your stance, then you will not mind if a law abiding, gun toting American witnesses you being violently attacked for no reason, that American should probably just keep on walking. After all, after he shoots and kills your attacker, you will want to take his/her gun, for saving your sorry ass.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Why not a drunk drivers tax?

We would should have to pay for all the drunk drivers causing injury by taxing the sale of gas and automobiles to pay for the victim...

We already have that in Australia, Its called car Third party car Insurance, we cant have our car registed without having a GREEN slip.
This is an insurance that every Australian has to pay which covers anyone injured in any road accident.
I think its an expensive tax that we pay for, but i think its a fair tax and one that is worth paying.
I would like to know that meself or my loved ones are covered by this insurance / TAX if we are ever injured by a drunken driver.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
Yep, i knew the headline would get your attention.

(MODS, sorry if this is in wrong forum)

After reading and hearing some of the story's about the Innocent victims in the Aurora theatre massacre having to pay for their own medical bill's after being shot in this horrific crime, i was at first shocked and then disgusted by this.
I still cant believe that is the case.

What type of country do you live in when you make the Innocent victims of a crime pay for their own treatment.
It certainly ain't the land of the FREE, thats for sure.

You gun owning Americans should be forced to pay another TAX on every single one of your guns and gun related purchase's. This TAX should be called " The Innocent Victims Of Gun Related Crime TAX ".
This TAX should go to an Independently controlled Commission that will see this TAX go to pay for ALL the medical treatment, rehabilitation and compensation for every innocent victim of gun related crime in the USA no matter what their age or race is.
And for every extra innocent life injured or killed in a gun related crime, the TAX should be increased and the USA State that the crime happened in should receive a large fine too. (maybe then they would get serious about stopping gun related crimes in their area)
Only when you have to start paying from your own pockets will you start to understand that there is a real price to pay for owning such a weapon.
Its about time you 2nd amendment screaming Americans started thinking about everyones rights and not just your own.
These people had the right to sit and watch a movie in safety, they should also have the right to free medical care because some gun weilding maniac shot them.
As the old saying goes, "You broke it, You bought it"

edit on 27-7-2012 by WozaMeathed because: I Made Me Some Mistakes

That's fine, but ONLY if you get a refund by taking out a scumbag that would have taken an innocent life.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We already have a CAT fund [catastrophic loss] that is subsidized by surcharges on all moving violations citations ... resulting in the likes of a mere $25 fine turning into a $90-$100+ ticket. All to help cover the costs of those who either have no insurance or insufficient levels to cover the costs of injuries they've inflicted upon others in traffic accidents and the like.

Why the hell should I, as a mere gun owner, [not an enthusiast, collector, range junkie] have to help pay for or subsidize the costs of some idiot's harming of others. !?

I fully get and understand the cries for, "We can't let this type thing happen again" - each and every time it does - but the answer is most certainly not further restrictions or additonal legilsative efforts.

You Can't and Will Never be abel to Legislate Crazy. Point Blank. Plain and Simple.

Society as a whole is so much more the problem than the mere tools used by some miscreant seeking only to inflict harm upon others.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Car insurance is not a tax.

It covers damage to your vehicle and any damage you cause...

AND in the US we have that too, except if your drunk your likely to find your ins drops you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I paid my tax when I bought the gun.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Following the OP's reasoning, everyone with kitchen knives should be taxed, and whenever someone gets stabbed you pay some kind of death toll. You'd probably need a blunt instrument tax as well. And a glass bottle tax, as that's a pretty popular weapon here in the UK. A box cutter tax would also be in order.
edit on 27-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You don't tax guns. You tax the bullets. When I say tax, I mean make them cost hundreds of dollars per round.

Maybe then people will think twice before letting stray bullets fly. That would be expensive.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wouldn't have worked against James Holmes though, since he was fairly well-off.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Right after all of you innocent victims pay a Wussy Tax to support us buying guns to defend your sorry....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There is a part of me that says to tax at a higher rate, those who put "Gun-Free" stickers on their establishments.

That will affect their bottom line and may make them think twice.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah the shooting was bad but if you look at stats cars and heart disease are still the number one killers. You should be up in arms over that, not 12 dead. That doesn't even come close but in your ignorance you follow what the media plays up and makes a big deal of.

If you actually cared about people dying then you would try to prevent drunk drivers and unhealthy lifestyles leading to heart disease. Get your priorities straight.

The victims of drunk driving are many, its just as bad, painful and unfair as any shooting but happens so much more...

A shooting can always be prevented by more guns, thats why cops carry them right? make guns illegal and only criminals will have them. Jeez

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join