It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the enemy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've known that certain microbes protect us and live with us symbiotically since I was a kid. My father told me that we live with these things and some don't hurt us. They have finally published an article on our interaction with these microbes on the skin. It's about time. It's a Science Daily article I found today. I read before how these microbes interact with us and may be actually choosing our mate. They influence the body to create Pheromones and other chemicals on a regular basis. They are our subjects in our personal kingdom. Does a king try to kill all the followers in his kingdom...No, he respects their loyalty and tries to help the ones that help him. Get the microbials out of the everyday soaps and we will need the doctors less.

Article: www.sciencedaily.com...

Some of these microbials have been with us since we were born. They know us as better than we know ourselves. They kill off the parasitic microbes that others carry around as their allies. We cannot get along with others if our microbes don't like each other. Face it, what we are includes the 90 percent of the cells within us that are not our own. They communicate with our subconscious.

I haven't done any research on the integrity of the organization doing this research. You will have to decide if the research is legit..
edit on 27-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

To enlighten you even more, just do a search on the web for the "Red queen hypothesis"

I have included the wikipedia entry for you, and there are a lot of books on the same

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

That speaks of co-evolution of microbes with other lifeforms also. This stuff has been assumed by people for a long time and science is just starting to test these things. Shows how far behind Science is when compared to the knowledge our ancestors possessed on these things. Not real till proven real I guess.

I think by killing these symbiotic microbes we weaken ourselves. We have partly switched to natural shampoos and my one daughter has started to use stuff like vinegar and baking soda and oils to make her own body cleansers. It's like we are led to believe that we must cleanse these microbes from our skin when in essence they are essential to our survival. People then pass on the knowledge and twist everything around. Is Someone trying to trim the population?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Don't blame science.... When I first started studying biology, some of my lecturers went to great extremes trying to imprint that on us, pity so few of us understood it.

But yes, I shiver when I hear some people speaking about getting antibiotics for a flu, or for any other virus-infection, and for all the advertisements telling people to buy antibacterial soaps....

Heck, I had a hard time explaining to some girls as to why they get thrush..... (guess what, they were on antibiotics soon before getting thrush). There are so many other things, one part of the scientists (and medical personnel and others) want to impose, that they refuse to admit there is another side to it. Another thing is farmers and the chemical companies, telling them to use more pesticides, more fertilizers, etc ..... They refuse to listen to other scientists telling them to use biological means, not to use monocultures, to use nature, to keep things in balance.

The bottom line is, many organisms (humans included) have evolved in a specific way, and our parasites have evolved with us. When we develop new ways of getting rid of those parasites, guess what, they will evolve new ways to keep up with us. The more dangerous our ways become to get rid of our parasites, the more dangerous they will become to keep up with us. The "red queen hypothesis".

We should just realize that we have evolved together, that we cannot live without those organisms (even though they may kill some of us), but that we are not alone. That a whole bunch of organisms depend on us (even though we hate them), and that we depend on them.... (OK, we deny that we need those organisms, and try to destroy them, but often further studies show that we need them)....

Bottom line is, we as humans are not apart from nature, nor better. We are part of nature, and to survive, we need to work with nature, and not fight her. Humans evolved with nature, and we are dependent on nature. Humans cannot live alone, despite what some ppl would like you to believe...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Interesting indeed.

A ted talk which might be of interest

Jonathan Eisen: Meet your microbes

A blog article by Jonathan: blog.ted.com...

I'd be willing to make a connection between microbial space and Paul Stamets mycelium.

Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world

edit on 27-7-2012 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When I discovered the research I was seeking about humans possibly needing these symbiotic relationships about six years ago there wasn't much on the net except the gut flora. This new article saying what my father mentioned got me thinking. I studied all aspects of things related to this including minerals and vitamins effects on these microbes. I haven't studied this much over the last four years but today found that there has been much more research released. Many more people seem to be aware also. As you see, this does not interest many and others do not believe it. Oh well, I'm not here for a popularity contest, I'm here to learn and open eyes.

Usernamehere's videos were good, especially the one about the mushroom and of interest to me was the flu fighting ability of mushrooms growing in my woods. I didn't realize there have been people out there studying this symbiotic relationship of the skin for twenty years.

You always have pretty darn good input on these biological subjects Hellhound, I suppose the teachings in Norway are better than here. I research Europe's studies a lot, they have better articles available, we have too powerful Pharma companies here who hire people to cloak these kind of articles. When I have to research drug companies sites for information for comparison I have to look for redir. software on my computer before shutting down. Ccleaner won't always delete it, I figure they gotta get their funding from somewhere.

top topics

join