It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to Olympians: "you didn’t get here solely on your own power"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
The Mayor of London...called out Mr. Romney on his comments; and he was offended.

I'd like to know if these people who are offended at Romney for these comments .. if they are also offended at Obama for his. Afterall .. they are exactly the SAME. They'd better be just as offended at Obama as they are Romney .. otherwise it's just whining political drivel on their part.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
Iinks are in the thread and google is your friend

You are new here so I'll explain it to you.

YOU opened a thread. YOU are supposed to supply the information and the links.
It's not our job to go running around the internet to look to see if what you posted is
true or not. I'm giving you a helping hand here .. next time post the information.

It's in the T&C .. you posted a quote without the link that goes with it.
Look it up in the rules.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Iinks are in the thread and google is your friend

You are new here so I'll explain it to you.

YOU opened a thread. YOU are supposed to supply the information and the links.
It's not our job to go running around the internet to look to see if what you posted is
true or not. I'm giving you a helping hand here .. next time post the information.

It's in the T&C .. you posted a quote without the link that goes with it.
Look it up in the rules.

There's hundreds of examples of quotes without links, when the quote is on hundreds of websites. There's no definitive link.

And if you go look in the hoax section, most of those lies HAVE links.

And the links are in the thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think you're confused at what the mayor of London was offended by.

I think you should "read the thread".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Both Romney and Obama have valid points in my opinion, no need to blow either comment out of context, but I guess that's a bit boring.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

They do indeed. It's a perfectly cromulent thing to say.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Quotes without the link is against T&C.
Terms and Conditions
Fair Use copying

ALL MEMBERS READ - from Springer

if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on 7/28/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"To be or not to be"

- Bill Shakespheare

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

- Bill Clinton

Now go ahead and report this post.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I think you're confused at what the mayor of London was offended by.
I think you should "read the thread".

Gee .. looking back over the thread I see NOTHING from you linking to the information and NOTHING from the person who said the mayor of London was offended by Romney's statements. Kinda hard to read something that isn't there.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I didn't say I linked it, did I?

The London mayor thing is on every channel and in every paper; I can't help if you get all confused.
edit on 28-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

A shipping and manufacturing plant with 2000 employees???You did that on your own...running the 100 meter dash in 5.2 seconds...that took a village...

Yes he is an asshat.

Do you have kids? Do you spend every other day taking your kids to sporting events? Ever hear of "soccer mom" and a level of stress that is a part of it. Do you have kids that compete at a high level and you now spend weeks at a time taking them all over the country to sporting events? Do you spend 1000s of dollars that you really could use for other things just so your kids can compete? Do you spend a lot of personal energy and time to be the stead fast support keeping your kids focused so they can achieve their goals. I could maybe write 10 more "do yous" but I think you get the point....

Now Compare this to....

I take huge risks of failure to get a business started even with maybe already failing a number of times. I work 80 plus hours per week to make it grow. I provide jobs to others all the awhile shouldering ALL the risks while ALL in the company reaps the rewards. My reward is I may make 250k or more a year, your reward is a stable job that provides for you and your family, but then I also basically work 24/7 for the company and you work 40 hours per week.

Now after all that the president says I didn't build this company because I didn't build the roads that I use....etc
If someone is going to sling the term ASSHAT at least hit the right person....

Obama has created out of thin air class warfare that HE defines as anyone making over 250k is a bad person that is not doing their fair share for their country....where the person who pays nothing, ever, is a true American....

The truth is Obama wants to demonize the upper 5% to get as many lower 95% votes when it is the upper 5% that CREATE 70% plus jobs for other Americans. Oh BTW I think it was the taxes of those who actually pay taxes that built the roads, so I guess an owner of a business CAN say that they built the roads that they use and so the President should ST#U.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Indigo5

A shipping and manufacturing plant with 2000 employees???You did that on your own...running the 100 meter dash in 5.2 seconds...that took a village...

Yes he is an asshat.

Do you have kids? Do you spend every other day taking your kids to sporting events? Ever hear of "soccer mom" and a level of stress that is a part of it. Do you have kids that compete at a high level and you now spend weeks at a time taking them all over the country to sporting events? Do you spend 1000s of dollars that you really could use for other things just so your kids can compete? Do you spend a lot of personal energy and time to be the stead fast support keeping your kids focused so they can achieve their goals. I could maybe write 10 more "do yous" but I think you get the point....

Now Compare this to....

I take huge risks of failure to get a business started even with maybe already failing a number of times. I work 80 plus hours per week to make it grow. I provide jobs to others all the awhile shouldering ALL the risks while ALL in the company reaps the rewards. My reward is I may make 250k or more a year, your reward is a stable job that provides for you and your family, but then I also basically work 24/7 for the company and you work 40 hours per week.

Now after all that the president says I didn't build this company because I didn't build the roads that I use....etc
If someone is going to sling the term ASSHAT at least hit the right person....

Obama has created out of thin air class warfare that HE defines as anyone making over 250k is a bad person that is not doing their fair share for their country....where the person who pays nothing, ever, is a true American....

The truth is Obama wants to demonize the upper 5% to get as many lower 95% votes when it is the upper 5% that CREATE 70% plus jobs for other Americans. Oh BTW I think it was the taxes of those who actually pay taxes that built the roads, so I guess an owner of a business CAN say that they built the roads that they use and so the President should ST#U.

That's not the truth, that's your opinion.

A lot of people think progressive taxation is not only fair, but a smart move for the economy and society.

Obama, by saying, you all benefit form the government, reiterating what Romney said in 2002, and you all get help from family and friends and teachers, something Romney said in 2012, did NOT create any class warfare, in fact he said we're all the same, we ALL get help.

It's the business owners, who's own sense of self-worth is frankly delusional, that created divisions by saying, "we ARE different".

So yeah, ST#U people that turn what Obama and Romney BOTH said into an issue.

Both said, you all get help from government and friends and communities and teachers. And they're BOTH right.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey OP - for clarity perhaps you could edit your original post to include the out-of-context information regarding what Obama said - it might keep people from misunderstanding your point. Only being helpful here, as it seems many people are getting thrown off by realizing that what Romney is saying is correct, and missing the point that his ads and partisan attacks have come after Obama for saying the exact same thing.

I appreciate your post as its always good to point out these things - also, the clip from John Stewart that has both men's comments back to back might be a good link... :-)

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
Hey OP - for clarity perhaps you could edit your original post to include the out-of-context information regarding what Obama said - it might keep people from misunderstanding your point. Only being helpful here, as it seems many people are getting thrown off by realizing that what Romney is saying is correct, and missing the point that his ads and partisan attacks have come after Obama for saying the exact same thing.

I appreciate your post as its always good to point out these things - also, the clip from John Stewart that has both men's comments back to back might be a good link... :-)

peace,
AB

Not a bad idea at all, but I an't edit it.. maybe you could start a new thread with both quotes, back to back, featuring that clip, etc.

I do find it kinda funny, the number of people that are upset because they think I'm attacking Romney FOR THE QUOTE, instead of for his hypocrisy.

It's good advice, though!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the olympians are well aware of how they got there and who helped them along the way. Why oh why do we have to keep hearing these moronic politicians speak. They need to learn when to just shut their traps.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquiddrewl

You libbies are so focused on communities helping each other and people helping each other, and now a statement from someone agreeing that these Olympians are in fact not completely independent you cry in jest.

You're missing the point.

He's an asshat for railing Obama for saying basically the same thing he said to the athletes.

And for the record, both men are correct in their statements. No man is an island indeed, and none of us would be anywhere near where we are today without the help of society and to a very real extent the governments that society helped create.

To claim that you achieved everything you have solely as an individual is outright lunacy. You wouldn't have even learned to communicate in language without help. Society as we know it relies on individuals helping each other, it's the reason human beings stopped living in caves and started building cities.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is the same thing Obama said about businessmen not getting to where they are by their sole power. And this is one thing that I agree with both of them on. No one is in this life alone, and it is not a crime to help someone else or accept aide.

One thing I don't like is the media trying to construe something positive that both candidates said into a tool for their political agenda. Do people really believe in their political ideology so much that they would rather have it than truth and good?

This is a really good chance to express this opinion, actually, since both sides are attacking each other for saying the exact same thing at the same time it is kind of funny.

I don't think it matters who started it, I'm not really particularly attached to either political party at the moment.
edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join