It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA testing underway on 'alien hybrid human baby' found in Peru

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well considering how in the past few years we have been give tantalizing glimpses of our near relatives. The "hobbits" and one other that escapes me at the moment. Is it outside possibility that another homid species was co-existing with us? The big question if another was found would be, how wide spread were they? The Hobbits were confined to one geographically isolated area, with no interaction between it and ours. [At least as far as we know, they could have been the basis for some "little people" myths in the larger world if they were found else where and we haven't found evidence] Homo sapiens so far has bred out or killed off our near kin that we are aware of. Wouldn't surprise me if there were a few we didn't know about.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm sure [If only on an strictly Academic level] You too are curious as to what they'll find.

On an academic level...sure. If someone wants to go to the expense more power to 'em.

Want to take odds that it'll turn into another piece of Pye though? Where "unable to perform full analysis" becomes "definitely alien"? I'm far from being an expert in genetics but I don't see how a DNA analysis can prove an extraterrestrial influence.

We'll see. Maybe.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by VoidHawk

As for the DNA test, I feel if there is any possibility that it would test positive for alien we'll never be told the truth.

There is no "testing positive for alien". At most the DNA would display unrecognized sequences.

Agreed, thats what I should have written. But unrecognized sequences would be exciting, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I don't know enough about genetics to really know what that means.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Thanks Jakes.

You know I rarely watch the AA show. I was big on it the first few episodes but then it became vary repetitive. They do raise some rather interesting questions and if nothing else they get people discussing our Ancient history and hopefully more and more will start to discover that mankind has a very interesting history that isn't always covered in text books

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm sure [If only on an strictly Academic level] You too are curious as to what they'll find.

On an academic level...sure. If someone wants to go to the expense more power to 'em.

Want to take odds that it'll turn into another piece of Pye though? Where "unable to perform full analysis" becomes "definitely alien"? I'm far from being an expert in genetics but I don't see how a DNA analysis can prove an extraterrestrial influence.

We'll see. Maybe.

Wow there was some that showed "defiantly alien"? I must have missed it! Link please.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I prefer to take a wait and see approach and to always try to maintain an open mind.

Yep. Nothing wrong with that. But you know what they say about open minds...and Occam's razor.

Actually, I didn't know "what they say about open minds...and Occam's razor" so I Googled open minds and Occum's razor, and here is the first article I found:

How Occam's Razor Works

Skeptics use Occam's razor as a fundamental tool and sometimes as evidence itself. Skeptics are people who tend to believe only what they can sense or what can be proven scientifically. This makes them foils to people who believe in conspiracy theories and religious beliefs.

But a true skeptic will tell you that he only uses Occam's razor as a tool for considering different explanations. Skeptics who truly appreciate the healthy investigation of the universe use Occam's razor to pick the simplest (and in their belief, most logical) explanation, but stop short of using it to discount other, more complex explanations. After all, evidence could come to light later on that shows the more fantastic is true, and a true skeptic's aim is to keep an open mind.

There are, however, some -- skeptics and scientists alike -- who wield the razor like a broadsword. To these people it proves one theory and disproves another. There are two problems with using Occam's razor as a tool to prove or disprove an explanation. One, determining whether or not something is simple (say, empirical evidence) is subjective -- meaning it's up to the individual to interpret its simplicity. Two, there's no evidence that supports the notion that simplicity equals truth.

I was under the impression when I first read your post that you were implying that open minded people tend to use Occam's razor and ineffectively so, but after reading this article I am now not clear what you meant by your remark at all. Maybe you could translate it for me.

I don't know, maybe you meant to distinguish the use of Occam's razor from open mindedness. What I find interesting is that you seem to show little regard for the open mind, but I doubt you need to be educated on the fact that Galileo was confronted with a bunch of dogmatists who were far from open minded, as have been many scientists who in the end were able to move their hypothesis to theory or beyond. It would be fair to suggest that Galileo had an open mind. He may not have got everything right, but on the heliocentric universe, he got that right.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

I know that all babies have heads like that so they can pass through Momma a lot easier.

Maybe a deficiency in the Ancient Peruvian diet caused some harm to the physical development of children.
the newborn's head becomes "normal" after twenty-four hours and that skeleton looks older than that. Not to mention it has no brow ridge and the ear canals don't look right.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

From Pye:

Nonetheless, based on the preliminary results now in hand, our research team is very confident that when the Starchild’s entire genome is recovered and sequenced, the total number of confirmed differences will be so staggering that it can only lead to a conclusion that the Starchild represents an entirely new humanoid species, and that species is “alien.”

www.starchildproject.com...

edit on 7/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would think the term 'Definitely Alien' would apply if they find sequences that are so odd they kinda scratch their heads at how it even works that way? Then I'd wonder about a star child. Our history here is written for such a tiny period of what the archaeology seems to support though. We know the smallest fraction, in simple time frame, of our own history.

Who says it can't be a branch of our own species as easily as a deliberate binding act? At least, we don't know yet.

Why do I keep thinking back to the skeleton in the glass case on Mars in Doom? lol....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Klassified

I'm wondering if they may have been all part of an elite ruling class?
[For whatever reason]

I think this is certainly a plausible deduction. Especially considering how wide spread the emulation of them became over a period of time. How else would this emulation become multi-cultural, unless they were at one time, present in more than one culture? It's something to ponder on.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nobody can prove extraterrestrial origin because we have nothing proven positive to compare it to.
Just because the DNA is different doesn't make it an alien.

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

My neighbours must think I'm nuts when they hear me hooting with laughter in the middle of the night.

link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

My statement about open minds refered to the often repeated phrase (and variations of); an open mind is a good thing but don't let it be so open that your brains fall out. It's a joke (sort of, but not really).

The reference to Occam's razor was related in that, in order to include an extraterrestrial influence, an entire "extra" set of assumptions must be included. By use of Occam's razor current evidence does not suggest an extraterrestrial influence.

I agree with your admiration of Galileo. The first scientist. The first to apply the scientific method. The first to avoid the use assumption and to rely upon available data.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Very interested to see the DNA results. So hope it's not inconclusive. Thanks for the post..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Dude.
The Phagester is cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I don't know enough about genetics to really know what that means.

it means if it is chemically, morphologically and physiologically different from humans with dna that is not even close to any living creature on Earth, it is by definition alien. Especially if the dna has been modified artificially and not by "nature", that means an intelligence outside our sphere of influence had something to do with it. and where do we find beings with that ability in our history? maybe we should listen to the ancient "myths" that tell us about people from the sky coming to Earth creating hybrids? Why is that so difficult for you to understand? linear thinkers have trouble connecting these kinds of dots and I would bet money you are a total linear-type thinker.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

it means if it is chemically, morphologically and physiologically different from humans with dna that is not even close to any living creature on Earth, it is by definition alien.

Ok. But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about unidentified sequences within the entire genome.

I'm pretty sure by the look of the skeleton that the great majority of genome will be quite closely matched to Earthly creatures. In particular, primates. In particular, humans. But I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Phage

Nobody can prove extraterrestrial origin because we have nothing proven positive to compare it to.
Just because the DNA is different doesn't make it an alien.

if there is nuclear dna that has no comparison on Earth inside the mitochondrial dna from a human surrogate it had to be put in there artificially (nature doesn't do that and if you say it can than I will ask for an example). Have you ever heard stories of "star people" taking eggs from human women not only in contemporary times but also found in ancient mythologies? The artificial manipulation of the dna is the smoking gun for aliens. I think Occam would agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join