It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former McDonald’s CEO Opens a Sustainable and Healthy Fast-Food Restaurant to Rival the Giant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
hi all

mods i wasnt entirely sure where to post this - so i thought maybe here was best...

seems to me that people may very well be changing..... Mike Roberts former CEO and former President of McDonalds wants to open a fast food chain of restaurants that do healthy meals...

Mike Roberts has co-founded Lyfe Kitchen, a restaurant that aims to “do healthy food on a fast-food scale."

Lyfe standing for 'Love Your Food Everyday' - a bit of a bizarre abbreviation if you ask me.. !

i was sceptical as to whether this would actually be 'healthy' food - they also wanted to cater to those of us who are omnivores aswell... and apparently the meat isnt going to be reformed, processed meat from animals that are poorly treated and kept...

Lyfe Kitchen will also cater to those who like a bit of meat in their diet and serve free-range chicken and burgers made from grass-fed, humanely raised cattle.

It also doesn’t just appear to be a publicity stunt, as Roberts was infamously responsible for putting Apple Dippers onto McDonald’s menu – an act which made McDonald’s become the nation’s largest seller of apples!

if he does indeed pull this off and the food is actually healthy without all the additives and preservatives he says wont be in it... then kudos to the guy... !!

Robert’s aim is to sell food that is made with “no butter, no cream, no white sugar, no white flour, no high-fructose corn syrup, no GMOs, no trans fats, no additives.”

this could be the step in the right direction we've been waiting for... regarding massive franchises that serve us our food should we fancy a meal out - it would be great to be able to go out to a fast food restaurant that doesnt put complete s##t in our food...

he has also said;

Not just that, but Roberts is thinking big and wants to open 500 to 1,000 outposts of the restaurant across the country in the next several years.

well if his idea works then it would create thousands more jobs aswell as serving the public a decent bloody meal... !

article;
www.stumbleupon.com...

taken from;
www.wired.com...

lyfe kitchen site;
www.lyfekitchen.com...

i shall be keeping an eye this Lyfe Kitchen and see what happens - might even go and have a try if it all pans out....

peace out peeps

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

This is awesome..

I am often too lazy and broke to eat healthy.

If they can keep the prices right then I stand to become a regular customer.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope one opens up near me in NC soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

yeah exactly what i thought.. !

i didnt ever think that there would ever be any 'healthy' fast food chains... but that may now change thanks to mr roberts...

i must say the food looks far more appealing than the mcdonalds crap... that stuff is hideous.. !

yep i think they probably will try and keep the prices reasonable and affordable otherwise how else are they going to rival mdonalds..? people will need to be persuaded to eat healthy .... and if its cheap thats one small trick that will work... i really hope this becomes reality...

what a change it would be... !
edit on 27-7-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
penance for contributing to the obesity of America?

Cool idea, healthier fast food.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
And not a single Gluten Free main course!

There are plenty of items that could be made gluten free, but clearly haven't been. This is a sign wheat flour has been used for cheapness rather than higher quality ingredients (often corn flour is a good substitute).

So, all hype, same crap.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

“Imagine tens of millions of local, sustainable gourmet meals, served with the efficiency and economy that one expects from a national fast-food chain.

it wont be actual 'fast food' - did you not read the article... ?

it will be healthy meals, turned out en mass, efficiently, economically and ethically too...

look at the pic below - does that look like food that makes peeps fat... ?

no... it looks al hell of a lot better than the pure crap and tripe that mcdonalds, kfc, burger king and the like serve...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fiflad

you are correct...

however, do you not think that this is most definitely a step in the right direction... ?

or would you just prefer that the only fast food restaurants there are, serve harmful, disgusting, unhealthy meals.. ?
maybe once his branches have been opened he may very well start doing gluten free meals... or vegan meals...
who knows... ? only time can tell - and i think you should give the man a chance... !

you have to learn to walk before you can run...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

they cater meals and do grocery, its an alternative meal source.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"You want Brussels Sprout with that" ?

Sure !

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

yes it is...

imho i would much rather see lyfe kitchen restaurants in the places of mcdonalds, burger king and kfc etc...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiflad
And not a single Gluten Free main course!

There are plenty of items that could be made gluten free, but clearly haven't been. This is a sign wheat flour has been used for cheapness rather than higher quality ingredients (often corn flour is a good substitute).

So, all hype, same crap.

You should move to Spain.. Nearly every food item you find in supermarket there now got the "sin gluten" label.
While here in Norway you are completely screwed if you cannot handle gluten and everything gluten free costs 4 times more.
I am suspecting myself that I might have some issues with gluten, but thanks to my economy and living in this piece of # country I cannot do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
"seems to me that people may very well be changing..... "
I've been hearing this a lot lately --- lots of people are giving up processed foods and are beginning to eat healthier these days. I changed my lifestyle pretty dramatically and fairly recently as well, and yes, healthy food is absolutely more expensive than simply eating 'affordable' and convenient foods.

I've cut out processed and fast foods entirely for the past 3 months, and my body thanks me so much for it!

I'm curious how "healthy" this food chain will actually be. I'm sure it'll take quite a lot to maintain a raw-food inventory on a daily basis --- and the typical CEO cats sure ain't in it to help "the people" that's for damn sure. But times definitely are changing, and it would be a tremendous breath of fresh air to learn that Mike Roberts isn't the stereotypical Big Wig that I'm hoping he's not --- because I think a legitimate Healthy Fast-Food joint would give the Golden Arches et al, a run for their money and could possibly be a Hit in these changing times!

I mean, who knows---this cat may indeed have his finger on the pulse of the grassroots social conscious; at least I'm hoping he does. I'm also hoping he has a very out-of-the-box, health minded/health conscious think-tank on his payroll! I'm a fan of this concept!

Thanks for the heads-up fluff007! Very much appreciated!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

I've cut out processed and fast foods entirely for the past 3 months, and my body thanks me so much for it!

first off... good on you.. ! its difficult to give it up but by god your body enjoys the new found freedom of good food

I'm curious how "healthy" this food chain will actually be. I'm sure it'll take quite a lot to maintain a raw-food inventory on a daily basis --- and the typical CEO cats sure ain't in it to help "the people" that's for damn sure. But times definitely are changing, and it would be a tremendous breath of fresh air to learn that Mike Roberts isn't the stereotypical Big Wig that I'm hoping he's not --- because I think a legitimate Healthy Fast-Food joint would give the Golden Arches et al, a run for their money and could possibly be a Hit in these changing times!

i too am curious about it also... hence the reason i shall be keeping an eye on it. i would love to believe that mike roberts himself has changed - but only time will tell on that one...
i agree with you 100%.. !

I mean, who knows---this cat may indeed have his finger on the pulse of the grassroots social conscious; at least I'm hoping he does. I'm also hoping he has a very out-of-the-box, health minded/health conscious think-tank on his payroll! I'm a fan of this concept!

Thanks for the heads-up fluff007! Very much appreciated!

again i agree with everything you've said.. ! and no worries - i love bringing things like this to peeps
if you eat good food, you live well, you play well and feel well.. !
ive always been quite a healthy eater, as my mum and dad brought me up on a well balanced diet, with wholesome, home made and home grown foods...

i grow lots of veg myself - tis definitely the cheaper way of doing it - and NO ONE can say they dont have the space...

or regrow foods from scraps

and i see a lot of people think its expensive to eat healthy... but in actual fact its not. i survive on a VERY low income... yet i eat as healthily as my friend who earns £25,000 p.a.

if you put the research, time and effort in you can eat as healthy or unhealthy as you like.. !
just depends if you're ready to let go of the convenient comforts in life....

thanks for your reply i couldnt agree with you more.. !

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

i grow lots of veg myself - tis definitely the cheaper way of doing it - and NO ONE can say they dont have the space...

That is bull.. So where am I supposed to grow then when I dont even have a tiny patch of garden, no balcony or anything?? There is no way I can grow # except for maybe a few herbs indoors.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

no its not bull at all...

i do indeed grow my own veg and a lot of it and we dont have a big garden at all...
my friends live in flats in edinburgh and glasgow, scotland...
they have no balcony or garden, but yet they grow a bit more than just a 'few herbs'.

the thing you need to learn is how to use the space you have in the best possible way... take some time to survey your surroundings... is there a wall that is free.. ? if so, get a shoe organiser and you can plant the veg you want in that... or get a few of these;

there are a few vegetables that dont need much light so you could have those trays on a table near a window or wherever you like...

do you have any easy access to your roof...? do you have any outside storage facility/walkway/shed anything like that...?

if you actually use your brain there are many things and areas of the home that you can utilise to grow plants.... nothing is stopping you...

you must have walls that make up your house yes... ?

and;

and also;

or even;

have a look at these sites - maybe it might inspire your creative side to come out......
start thinking outside the box... dont get stuck in it.... do research, ask around locally - at least try.. !

www.verticalveg.org.uk...
indianinthemachine.wordpress.com...
www.dinnergarden.org...
www.ebay.com...

for a problem you create a solution... you dont just give up without even trying...

anyway this is not what this thread is about... this is all going too off topic for me....
so if you would like to continue this then we can start another thread on that topic... for now this is about a new chain of possible healthy fast food restaurants coming our way..........

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I am often too lazy and broke to eat healthy.

also have you thought about maybe trying to grow your own...? its not difficult, and you can start with a small crop and slowly work up to a larger one
tell the laziness in thee to go away.... !

top topics

join