It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Thwart Terror Threat in Prince George Co. Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
WUSA 9 news out of DC just broke into their regular programming with a live conference with police & federal agents. Details are scant & they aren't releasing much, including the suspects name, as charges are pending. They did state that the suspect is being held at a local hospital as "he has mental health issues". A home grown terrorist with mental health issues? What a surprise!
news link

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And here he's been named with additional information

additional information

They've said that an "Aurora type shooting has been thwarted...."

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

.... making threats against his employer. ...

World-class terrorism, eh? The Washington Times is increasingly showing itself as much a member of the "media" cabal as any other periodical....

I guess since Pitney Bowes Inc. is a 'transnational' corporation it counts as threatening "the world"....

Terror... grabbing headlines and serving politics and the military industrial complex.... someone should trademark THAT word.... they'd get rich...oh wait.... these people already are.....

Edit to add: AND they managed to tie the Batman shooting into the story... are they good or what?

edit on 27-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
They have released a picture of the weapons this guy had acculmulated.

twitter.com...

maybe they are going to start moving in on a lot of these gun nuts that have bought and hoard ridiculous amounts of weapons.

people whinge about been able to own a gun. ok. but this guy was ready for his own war.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
20 guns including assault rifles and handguns as well as more than 400 rounds of ammo. His plans weren't for a block party.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I suspect there are many gun enthusiasts who can state unequivocally that that is not an "alarming" number of guns to own.

This shouldn't be about the guns; it should be about the suspect who, now associate with "terror" needs to be identified as "in what way."

If we continue to simply accept that any crime can be called a "terrorist event" we are in for a tremendous amount of tomfoolery on the part of the media and our political clowns.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All you people who have stockpiled for a SHTF scenario better sit up and take notice of this. You could be next if they discover your stash.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have to wonder if he wanted to be caught, possibly for the attention. Even if he has mental health issues why announce his intentions, especially in the aftermath of something like Aurora, unless he wanted to be stopped - or wanted the attention?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
20 guns including assault rifles and handguns as well as more than 400 rounds of ammo. His plans weren't for a block party.

What is an Assault Rifle ? I own twice that number of weapons as well as thousands of rounds .45 and .223. SO WHAT ! This implies absolutely nothing. Not being rude but you obviously don't know much about the subject.

Additionally, whatever happened to common criminal terminology. It would appear
( with cause ) the Government is inclined to label far to many crimes as " Acts of Terror " What happened to the good old days when killing 20 + folks was considered mass murder . " Yeah the guy was having a bad day, kinda went off his rocker " Oh well, lets grab some donuts partner.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Anything that instills terror is referred to as "terroristic". No, there isn't much of a difference between a mass murder & a terror "event" other than the day & age in which we live for which is used & in what context. As for the reference to assault weapons, check the links, I was quoting the source(s).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The bit that stood out for me in this is that they congratulate themselves for "thwarting" an attack, when the guy called up and told the boss what he was going to do...

They didn't "thwart" anything, they got lucky that the dude gave a warning.

These cops should feel embarrassed for themselves, congratulating themselves like that for doing the job they are paid to do and then making out they went above and beyond to capture someone before they managed to do anything.

They got lucky, there was no skill, investigation or real work involved in this. Pathetic.

As for the suggestion this is somehow related or connected to the previous act, why? There are plenty of mentally deranged people in America, and there are plenty of people who own highly dangerous weapons.

A guy with both mental instability and a lot of weapons sees an incident like that and echoes the press buzzwords and that's supposed to be suggestive of him being connected in some way? Ridiculous.

When a concrete link is established, a direct link between him and Holmes, then there's reason to be concerned. Until then, he's just another whackjob who needed some attention and used a sick and twisted way to get it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Where does the article mention international terrorism?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So because he has no freedom of speech, he now has no right to bear arms? This kind of case bugs me. A guy was pissed off and made a stupid remark. His boss calls the cops who should have said, "none of our business", but instead went to the man's house and took his guns. Something is very very wrong with that picture. This guy did nothing wrong and deserves none of this. I hope he sues and wins big!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Based on info from a recently closed thread on this topic by member "knowlegedesired" (I think that's the username), it looks like some news media are calling him a "joker" killer suspect.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and be the first to call for a ban on all Batman movies.

The old Batman TV series will be subject to a well-written grandfather clause and be allowed to still air subject to monitoring. The first Catwoman, Riddler or King Tut shooter incident will trigger an automatic special session of Congress to review allowing the TV series to continue airing.

Thank you.

Edit: here's the other thread. Thread
edit on 27/7/12 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
but this guy was ready for his own war.

And he had every right to be!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Maryland has some of the strictest gun laws in the county. IN fact, a federal court just ruled that one of the provisions was against the second amemendment, and that the conceal carry law will relax on August 7.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
reply to post by dazbog

Anything that instills terror is referred to as "terroristic". No, there isn't much of a difference between a mass murder & a terror "event" other than the day & age in which we live for which is used & in what context. As for the reference to assault weapons, check the links, I was quoting the source(s).

Well Amigo if you had placed the statement in quotes I would of understood.
I'm a tad thin skinned when it comes to issues of this nature. Especially so when one uses the words " Assault weapons ". Stating " His plans weren't for a block party "
It is however interesting to note I can now officially state my X is a terroristic entity.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This one was national news one week and buried by the MSM the next. There was nothing left to sensationalize, after the State's Attorney tried to save face with....

The charges? Just 'telephone misuse', a misdemeanor in Maryland.

So, a person can claim that a gun owner made a threat and he must then forfeit his guns? It doesn't sound like he will be getting them back any time soon. Then again, what evidence does the state have, apart from one man's word against another's?

new topics

top topics

join