It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drury lane Theatre Royal, London paranormal investigation. (lots of video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Myself and fellow team members were invited to do an investigation at Theatre Royal, London for a TV show in the US
We jumped at the chance and wow, are we glad we did..

We had several personal experiences. Barri had been affected somehow and brought to his knees, I had been stopped just outside an archway which, when you look through it, you can see Grimaldi's name up on a board.
Loads of K2 spikes and temperature changes.

But that was not all... Once we'd got home and had a look at the footage we captured on a full spectrum video camera (which amazingly picked up some cracking EVP's), digital stills camera and digital voice recorders.. well, we were left completely stunned. We're still trying to analyze and explain everything we caught.

Some of you in the US may have already seen the show that we were in, many will not have seen it.. either way, here is the section of the show with us;

We are more than pleased with this presentation.. but one thing is missing...actually LOTS of things are missing.. our evidence!!!

Let's start with the photo of what may possibly be the grey man near his chair..

Should you want to study the full size image then you can find it here;
i64.photobucket.com...

So, on with the tour

(At this point, in regards to all the video clips, you may find that you will have to make volume adjustments. Even then you might still find it hard to hear depending on your system and connection etc etc. When going over these videos I was using VLC media player with the volume whacked right up)

I was on my way up the stairs to enter one of the seating areas. I was completely on my own, yet in this video you will hear me walking up the last set of steps plus somebody else running up beside me.

On this one at 7 seconds in, I am alone in the seating whilst everyone else is up on stage or in other seats elsewhere.. there is a murmur of some description..

Here, we are all on stage about to do another bit of question time and filming when some of us hear footsteps walking across the stage right next to us.. I didn't hear it, but my camera did..

This one is a bit hard to hear, but there are a couple of whispers here. Do not confuse them with the two voices in the background.. that is Barri being interviewed by TV crew. This set of whispers is nothing compared to the one I caught a bit later in the same location.

Now, in the same location.. you will hear an EVP. This EVP has us all stunned.. It is one of the best EVP's I have ever caught and/or expected to hear. Once you know what is being said and by whom, then this EVP really hits home. It's one of those comments that, well, break you down..
(volume has been adjusted UP for this vid)

We then slowly made our way down to where the bones and knife had been found bricked up behind a wall...
Even this area was just buzzing with activity. We heard things like knocks, bumps and voices, yet we knew we were the only ones down there.

this is back stage heading towards the door that takes you downstairs.. you hear something twice.. the second time it sounds like a Scottish old woman saying something.. we cannot explain this

At 3 seconds and 12 seconds there are two EVP's. Barri and Phil are going over something caught on a digi recorder whilst Toni is taking measurements. None of us heard the two EVP's caught on video..

In this, you hear an EVP "no it's not really".. clear as a bell and bright as day.. this is one of those where you woul;d swear blind someone in the room said it.. but none of us did..

here we all heard a scrape and a thump come from beind me.. (remember the steps you see..there's a picture to come)

In this one there is an answer to Barri's question.. It sounds like "I do"

Remember the steps??
Here is the picture I mentioned.. look to the lower left of the actual steps..a blue glowing thing..

And to sort of finish off, one last picture.. Just what is this whispy thing right behind me?

So thank you for joining us on our little tour of Drury lanes Theatre Royal.. Hope you enjoyed it and don't let anyone ever tell you this place is not haunted.. I think the evidence speaks volumes..

And good luck with working out the EVP that left us all stunned.. It shocked us when we realised what was being said and how and by whom...

Unfortunately I do not have full access to all of the EVP's caught on digital recorder.. but how big do you want this thread anyway

Proud member of www.ghostfinder.co.uk... (and ATS too of course
)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Posted three hours ago.. 3 flags and not one reply???

What's up ATS? You normally scream out for pics or vids to prove it happened..
Now you got some.. Silence !!!

I understand some may be glued to the opening of the olympics.. but the main video has had 40 views..

Not being funny.. just trying to wonder why something that's only ever been investigated a few times gets very little replies..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Best paranormal thread ever.

That theatre is beautiful. I re-listened to the long girl talking and cant work it out (7am haven't had coffee yet so gimme a break) Id love to know what is being said, It's so loud that I thought it was someone in the room talking part of your team.

The "who's that" EVP is exceptional also.
And the stairs running, can you give us back ground on noise pollution, ie who else beside your team were there, can the outside noise pollute as its a old theatre designed to echo and project sound.

Awesome professional investigation.....
Amen brother

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was one of those S & F

I admit it

I'm very interested in the subject and I can tell you've done a good deal of research into this topic. I'm glad there are still members here at ATS who take their time to present their findings in the manor you have here.
Instead of just posting a paragraph to a Blog with no collaborating evidence to support some bogus claim

Thank you

edit on 27-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Have your coffee and have a good listen.. it's amazing what is said.. really plays on the heart strings.

Noise pollution is minimal. You got two sets of big doors before you get into that staircase area and where I was when you hear the running footsteps is litteraly third floor.
There is a coach parking area outside but at no point did we hear any traffic at all.
I was on my way to meet up with crew and team who were in the theatre over the other side getting set up.
It's like being in a glove. Solid walls and big, thick doors everywhere. You're in virtual silence.

And thank you so much for the compliments.

reply to post by SLAYER69

Always a pleasure Slayer.. and thank you for the S&F. and for taking some time to reply.
I honestly thought this thread would have garnered far more attention, perhaps it will in time.

When you consider the amount of investigations that have actually taken place in this building, we were very lucky indeed to get in there and far luckier to have caught so much evidence.

I'll give it a few days before I reveal what's being said in that video in case any gets it. It is a young girl as Zazz has clearly identified.
Which left us puzzled as to how and why a young girl would be in the theatre.. We have not, so far, been able to discover any reason as to why this girl would have died in this area, unless her spirit was passing through or from a building that was there before the theatre was built.. I will try to get a floor plan so I can show you where I was when I captured that EVP. That should reveal how far off the ground I was (ie 2nd or 3rd floor)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Here is the location I was sat when I captured that EVP of the girl..
I have marked it with a red dot in the yellow "upper circle" on this floor plan;

And marked it with a yellow dot in this photo of the theatre;

Entering the theatre main doors you go up approx three steps, main foyer another few steps.. then through the doors to main staircase which has three flights of stairs plus the seperate stairs to get up to upper circle.. so approximately 4 floors up..roughly. maybe a bit more..

Would need actual design plans to determine exact height.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Nope still can't get it

The footsteps following you, are really great, A grade!

That's a fair bit of evidence from one investigation, which isn't surprising when you look at the history of the place,it's even mentioned in Samuel Pepys diary from 1660! awesome.

edit on 28-7-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'm so tempted to tell you what the girl is saying.. seeing as nobody else seems interested
JK

If you want to find out more about this place, you can try here..
Theatre Royal, Drury Lane
About as good as any other place

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Right, the EVP of the girl in the short video..
Have tried to isolate it and make it a bit bearable

see what you think now..
i'm not an expert with sound/noise etc... gave it a go anyway..
here's the link..
snd.sc...

If it don't work, I'll upload it somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
zomg, ure gonna have go tell me, im not getting sa single word lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This is an awesome thread.

You did a lot of work mate, and frankly I am surprised that there are not more responses. A member who actually goes out and do some work. Well done.

The evidence you provide is also solid, I will be following and see if you guys can come up with more clips.

Thank you

VVV

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

if you're listening to it on speakers then you may not get it..
It's always best to use headphones... decent ones if you can

just a FYI

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Thank you very much.. spread the thread

I'm still laughing at how many replies this has had

Hoping it'll pick up, missed the main board by now but that's not important.. it's the evidence that matters.
It's posted and available.

We see so many thread where claims are made and you see a post which simply says
"pics/vids or it didn't happen"

Here's a load and yet...

As far as the clips, we've got one EVP on digital recorder played in the first video of the tv show.
The rest is all I can find from my video camera.
Have only just posted this thread now as we had to wait for the show to air. The filming/investigation was actually done in May 2012
It's been so frustrating not being able to get all the evidence out.

We had a great day.. I enjoyed standing on stage in the guy fawkes mask shouting "Macbeth" hoping to get a response.. which we did.. massive K2 spike.. then nothing.. might have frightened them off..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Awesome footage there...S&F for your effort, it's so good to get footage like this from people who actually post here and as such can provide a wealth of background info.

I listened to the little girl a few times, and what I can make out is "I want Mummy" but am just listening through my laptop speakers and unfortunately don't have headphones, but I do clearly hear the girl's voice and she sounds quite frightened to me.

The other EVP "Who are you" is also very clear to me, brilliant catch. I hope more people do contribute to the thread as I'd be interested in what other people think about the little girl.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

You're on the right lines with what's said...but not quite right

I'll hold the suspense a while yet

Really gets me everytime I listen to it..

Thank you for joining us here. and thanks very much for the compliment.. It is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Good to know I'm on the right lines...will give it a few more listens and see if I can get more from it!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

you listening to the video or the seperated clip I did?

the clip is here soundcloud.com...

Nice to see some activity in this thread.. Was begining to believe there was more activity in the theatre..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yes, am listening to the separate clip, also have listened to the cleaned up ones, the only other word I have distinguished is "yes" like she is answering a question, but I'm so intrigued now I'll just keep listening and see if I come up with more or hopefully someone else will come in with suggestions..there are usually loads of people interpreting EVP's that are posted here but like you say, it seems there were more people communicating with you in the theatre

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Excellent, well presented thread my friend. Please don't be be put off posting your findings in the future by any initial lack of response, as it's fascinating stuff and I for one will be reading for sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'm glad you're listening to both.. as this one (whichI will post below) is the original before volume changes.
I use VLC media player, a good set of headphones and volumes cranked up.. that and a quiet room and patience.. going over and over bits that come up like this.. It was originally very faint, as you can tell.Was lucky to be able to seperate it best I could.

She says two things, both contain about 3 words and both are VERY similar to each other. It's almost as though she's talking to more than one person...

get's me every time.. poor young thing.. really makes you wonder sometimes..

original

edit on 28-7-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join