It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Immigration Officials Describe Border Chaos Resulting From Admin's Amnesty Policy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Whoops, yeah it does look like I am advocating amnesty, sorry I'm a lousy writer.
no need to pick yourself apart, that is what conversation is for isn't it?

i don't dispute these desires, i share them.
however, how does changing existing protocols, alleviate the illegal problems we endure ??
just making everyone legal doesn't change the environment that feeds this disease.

if you think immigrants ONLY arrived via Ellis, please read up on some history.
yes, Ellis was a primary receiving point but it sure wasn't the only one.

not sure where you read that but i assure you, many who were "refused" were killed, no due process, no hearing, no arguments ... but shot dead.

we could not get waited on because not a single one of the post office employees was willing or able to speak English!
and are you satisfied that this is what your tax dollars are paying for?
no offense intended, but these are the cities that should be leveled, first.

believe it or not, i've been a resident in this SC for over 25yrs.
so yes, it can be done but you better be carrying if you want to survive.
ps: it is rather amazing how quickly they learn and reveal their English skills when confronted with force.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Okay now I'm questioning your reading comprehension. I don't hold criminals dear, say what? Did you miss the part where I say illegals need to be deported when caught? Did you miss the parts where I specify my own struggles living with the problems of illegal immigration and living in a sanctuary city? Hello, where did I say I love illegal immigration or illegal immigrants? I admire many aspects of the various Hispanic cultures, as I do an endless variety of other cultures. That doesn't mean I want a huge illegal influx of people suddenly forcing me to speak their language and doing things their way and totally ignoring the laws I have to abide by.

What makes you think my mom is an illegal immigrant? She's a legal resident alien. Always has been. She married an American citizen. She fulfills all residency requirements and keeps all documentation up to date. When she used to travel abroad, she made sure to comply with all requirements both here and abroad to travel legally and freely between countries. She did look into dual citizenship but opted not to pursue it at the time. I'm not sure why not, I think it had to do with simply a lack of time to fulfill all the requirements at that time. She has since had time and has completed her studies and so she is going to pursue her citizenship. What is the big deal about her taking a long time to do it? She was never here illegally so who cares if she is doing this now vs. years ago.

It's really her business anyway. I only brought her situation up to illustrate that there are conflicts in the system and it needs some examination and clarification...as do most parts of bureaucracy. Is it really disloyal of me to say our government is a bloated mess that needs fixing in places?

And why on earth are you insulting my mother for doing something legal that most foreigners married to Americans do? Not everyone who marries an American feels a compelling need to immediately surrender their foreign citizenship if they are able and willing to comply with legal residency requirements. I've got a friend married to an Englishwoman. Is his wife selfish for retaining her citizenship?

It's like you read my two posts and cherry picked parts to argue with, without taking into account at all the parts where we totally agree. Calm down. And I'm not on a fence.

My tone is neutral, my position is not. Can you see the difference? Maybe it is not possible to see the difference in this medium. As I stated before, my writing is not the most clear, and I'm willing to concede that much. After years of the required public schooling and even 4 and half years of local university, this is the best I've got to offer. But sheesh, meet me half way and double check your reading.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Okay I see the problem, we are composing our posts at about the same time and so we are delayed and reacting before reading each other's clarifications...at least I think that is what is going on. I am not sure but we do seem to have our wires badly crossed. Well I have to go walk my dog so I'll give this topic a break awhile.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

no, i was referring to your "dear" family members who dodged the system (hence the criminal part) - or so i thought when i posted it.

no offense intended just not meaning any direct disrespect to those who have broken the law to be here, but are in the process of rectifying their situation.

and no, i didn't miss any of those parts, we agree.
however, it's touchy when ppl are talking about family members.

ummm, is all this ranting necessary?
i thought we were having a conversation?

oh, so now you specify / resident alien ... thanks for confusing the issue and then ranting at me for your lack of clarification.

cool, she considered dual but when i suggested that, i wasn't aware she was already legally here.
it's not a big deal, you brought it into the conversation, i commented on the parts you presented.

Is it really disloyal of me to say our government is a bloated mess that needs fixing in places?

this day and age, that's a trick question
and i claim the 5th

i am not insulting your mother, i specifically tried not to do so.
i can only comment on the parts you present, i wasn't inventing the citizenship issue, but clearly, i didn't have all the pertinent details, either.

you really need to re-think this response ... it was not meant the way you took it.
if you think your tone is "neutral", i've got some swamp land you might find suitable.

ahhhh, so that's how it happened, i never saw your opening post.
i started reading your contributions, from here ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

My mom is studying for citizenship and my parents tell me it is a messy process with lots of conflicting requirements. They have actually hired a lawyer to sort it out because at this age they get confused so easily.

honest, i never saw this ...

My mom is a legal resident alien from Asia.
until i opened your post history

edit on 29-7-2012 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Okay I see the problem, we are composing our posts at about the same time and so we are delayed and reacting before reading each other's clarifications...at least I think that is what is going on. I am not sure but we do seem to have our wires badly crossed. Well I have to go walk my dog so I'll give this topic a break awhile.

close, but i missed your opening post or i wouldn't have misunderstood the post i quoted above. sorry for the confusion, i don't usually miss posts like that but i did this time.

trying to do too many things at once i suppose ... such is the curse of women.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lol, my apologies, too. I could haves sworn I made it clear from the beginning I specified my mom was legally here. I think I might have and then messed it up when I went back to fix something else. My pc broke about two years ago and to save money and save me from being tethered to one spot, I replaced it with an iPad. Unfortunately the switch from touch typing to composing my posts on the glass interface has been very challenging for me. It sounds like a small difference but it's changed the whole way my brain handles sentence composition. The typos are much worse now and iPad autocorrect is a different kind of mixed blessing and curse. Don't get me started on how I lose entire posts accidently touching the wrong thing on the sensitive touch screen.

After two years I am still learning how to do things I used to do with the mouse and the pc. I'm 45 and I don't handle technological change as adroitly as I used to.

Back on topic, please note one of the last things I said was I found it impossible to live in a sanctuary city. We had to move out. When English became unwelcome, it became impossible to function. Crime and uncivilized behavior like urinating and defecating in public became rampant. Men started camping out and living in the woods by children's playgrounds. It became intolerable.

But spending more money and moving didn't buy us real escape from those problems. This new neighborhood is a more affluent and semi rural area with old fashioned activities like fairs. But the county's requirement that all market value housing must be offset by developers building a certain percentage of lower cost housing somewhere in the area has been exploited to roll out the red carpet to invite crime and dysfunction back in.

There literally is no longer any incentive for people to work hard to improve themselves and their circumstances. If a family of drug dealers and illegals can live among nice houses and decent families without having to clean up their act, and if all the policies tell them it's their right to be as nasty as they want to be and still have the same things as people who sacrificed to get a decent life, of course they are going to keep their horrible selfish ways. Meanwhile decent folks are giving up because what is the point of working hard just to have the same old mess shoved in your face and getting called bigoted or elitist when you try to fix things for everybody, including the ones making you miserable.

I spent the first thirty years of my life as poor as anyone else in the bad neighborhood I grew up in. Even after marriage, combining incomes, it was quite a climb out of the bad neighborhoods for my husband and me. I'm a stay at home mom now, but I was slaving in the workforce working crazy hours for years before I had the life I have now. It took years and now we settled where we thought we'd be free of the worst of crime and disorder, but no...it is everywhere. It would not be without stupid policies.

I didn't realize at first that I left a Sanctuary City only to wake up in a sanctuary Country.

All policies that favor illegal immigrants and exempt them from criminal prosecution must end. Then maybe we can get around to fixing the other causes of crime and poverty that have plagued our citizens of all races and backgrounds for generations.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

glad we passed that bump in the road

this isn't the easiest media to follow-along and keep a good conversation going.
since mistakes happen, just know i generally own-up to mine.

I could haves sworn I made it clear from the beginning I specified my mom was legally here
you did, i just missed it on this small screen (the cursed 3" viewing of a blind woman
)

hahahahaha, i'm so unhappy with the phones, i refuse to get an ipad

yep, these dang phones are just as touchy !!

we're in the same age ballpark and i'd agree.
even though i'm one of those who was in on the "build" of this technology, i'm still kicking myself in the arse for being part of it.

yeah, i caught the SC reference and i'm sorry your experience was so bad.
here, it's not quite that bad yet, but it's getting worse every year.

when i first moved here, i didn't even know what a SC was ... it took about 1.5yrs
and a debilitating accident to find out.

my most recent experience was with a neighbor who speaks no English and i couldn't communicate a potential FIRE to save their lives ... what a moment, but the guilt didn't last long. i certainly don't wish them dead but any injury certainly wouldn't have been any fault of mine.

at least you are farther ahead than me ...

I didn't realize at first that I left a Sanctuary City only to wake up in a sanctuary Country
i'm still hoping it's just a bad dream and i haven't woke up yet

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I'm glad we got over that bump in communication, too, thanks for patiently wading through my fuzzy writing. I don't see that great close up, with the small print, either. I think my memory was the first thing to go, then the vision.

I'm afraid I don't have much more to contribute here. My husband and I both have tried hard to figure out what we can do as voters. As human beings we try to not assume someone is an illegal just because they are Hispanic and have an accent. It is a tad racist because a lot of the immigrants in this area are here legally.

Being near DC, our region naturally attracts legal immigrants from all over the world. That is one reason why until the last few years, we've enjoyed wonderful interactions among all the different kinds of people. No one group was too large to assimilate and accomodate until now. We all put our best foot forward and largely made favorable impressions on one another because nobody got to play the role of the 500 pound gorilla who gets to do whatever he wants.

The one block of immigration that started swamping and overwhelming courts, law enforcement, education and hospitals was the southern one, especially the illegal side of it. It was this immigration that pushed out English and left all the other immigrants from other regions kind of pushed aside. To come here from Belarus, Somalia or Afghanistan, relieved that you already know English...then find you can't get a lot of choice jobs or even basic services in certain locations or circumstances because you can't additionally communicate in Spanish is very surprising and upsetting. As it is for those of us who were born here.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

funny thing is ... both of us (& families) have endured the negative impact of illegal immigration, YET, neither of us are "border" residents --> i can only imagine how amplified those problems become closer to a land border.

being in a tourist region, one is flat out foolish to "assume" legal status solely based on appearance.
however, regardless of legal status, a crime is still a crime and NO ONE should be excused just because they are illegal.

it's a lot like the new EO Obama signed favoring African-Americans ONLY ... what a crock o'bull.
what about the Hatians who recently arrived as refugees?
what about many Dominicans who did the same ?
here, we have a lot of Bahamians too, so what about these people ??
most of the Central Americans i've met are dark enough to pass as AA so the question that comes to mind first is this ... would you "say" you were AA just to get the "bonus" of being AA ?? (i know an awful lot who would)

and since the Human Genome Project infers there is no such thing as "race", how does POTUS actions/policies unify any part of this country ??

seriously, this is no different than the 40s & 50s when pale but darker complexion children were "assumed" to be caucasions just so they could gain the benefits of the day for being caucasion ... there really is no difference.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The Obama administration declined to try to deport more than 36,000 illegal immigrants that were arrested on other charges between 2008 and 2011, including some who went on to commit 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the House Judiciary Committee said Tuesday.

This is disturbing and puts citizens safety at risk.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

That's a way of looking at that subject (the new program Obama is setting up for African Americans) that I didn't even think of. I guess you are right. There is a thread on ATS about that which I will need to revisit. My initial reaction was that some intervention was long overdue so just sit back and see if it has any positive impact. But yeah, it is kind of crazy now that you put it that way. I know it was an off topic tangent but in a weird way it does relate to the illegal immigration problem. I'm glad you mentioned this.

And what is with all these executive orders? I know he is not the only president to use them but is it my imagination or is he issuing an unprecedented number of them, thus bypassing Congressional participation and consent of the people entirely? We are being ruled by appointed committees now instead of elected representatives. Goodness, didn't special interests buy our Congress enough already? It is political madness. When I was a kid, in civics class we were barely taught about executive orders at all. We got the patriotic crapola about how we little people run the country by doing our civic duty and voting.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A couple of years ago here in Rhode Island, there was an illegal immigrant that was released by ICE. Shortly after he car jacked a woman sitting in her, he drove her to a park and raped her. While I admit that crimes can be committed by anyone, these people are caught and detained yet released from custody and not deported. Then they commit more crimes, cost the tax payer more money to put them back in jail, run up huge costs in the judicial system, then they are stored away in prison again at the cost of the tax payer.

Tax payer gets screwed no matter how you look at it. While we are getting screwed the government is tossing out amnesty....
edit on 31-7-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

A couple of years ago here in Rhode Island, there was an illegal immigrant that was released by ICE. Shortly after he car jacked a woman sitting in her, he drove her to a park and raped her. While I admit that crimes can be committed by anyone, these people are caught and detained yet released from custody and not deported. Then they commit more crimes, cost the tax payer more money to put them back in jail, run up huge costs in the judicial system, then they are stored away in prison again at the cost of the tax payer.

Tax payer gets screwed no matter how you look at it. While we are getting screwed the government is tossing out amnesty....

I'm from Rhode Island too!

And don't forget nearby Massachusettes where a few people were killed by drunken illegals. Two were young men and dragged beneath the vehicle and left to die. These were all seperate incidents. The governer had the nerve to say that it wasn't an illegal immigration problem, it was a drunken driver problem! Every one of those deaths were preventable. These people would still be here today if our existing laws were enforced.

Imagine losing a loved one just because our government decided to cater to an illegal rather than concerning themselves with the safety of your loved one???? This is inexcusable! There are thousands of deaths because of illegals and it has to stop.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

To bad these guys are not stopping here in RI, cause you know Chaffe wants this state to be a "Sanctuary State"...

Migrant's Freedom Ride

On Sunday night or early Monday, about three dozen people are planning to set out on a six-week bus voyage through the dark terrain of American immigration politics. Their journey is to begin, fittingly, in the desert in Arizona, national capital of anti-immigrant laws and oppressive policing. It will wind through other states where laws and failed policies force immigrants to toil outside the law — New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee — and end in North Carolina at the Democratic Nationa

I like the way they pitch this story of these law breakers opening traveling the country to the Welfare National Convention as being freedom fighters.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

HI we can share in our pain lol, I wasn't born up here, just transplanted

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

HI we can share in our pain lol, I wasn't born up here, just transplanted

Nice to have you here!

The last thing we need is a sanctuary city. There are already places where we are forced to speak spanish if we want a job. I forget which city I was in, but I hadn't been in years. I was so heartbroken and shocked with what I saw. A road that went on and on and on with stores, restaurants, dry cleaners etc all with signs in just spanish and no english anywhere. Grafiti everywhere even on beautiful historical homes. It was so strange. I don't like feeling as though I left my own country.

And working for 8 years being forced to listen to spanish all damned day. I can't get it outta my head I swear!
Drove me insane!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join