It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont care what your political view this is worth the watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Rep. Kelly is not from my district I am in California. I just thought this was so spot on. Usually applause is not embraced in the house..well just listen.

Have a good day ATS!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The only way Washington is going to change is if it sinks into the ocean like Atlantis did.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
FANTASTIC!!!!!! The man speaks for us all. Thanks for sharing. S&F

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

i agree. so what did you think of his rant?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The decent human beings in politics can only go so far.
If you are a globalist, you are swept up the ladder swiftly.

Things are getting progressively worse for the average citizen, which is done on purpose.
Our elected representatives can only do so much for their districts while a Corporatocracy still reigns supreme over our nation,

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very logical. Thumbs up

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What a tool. First he has to be told if he's opposed to the motion then he has no idea what things in his own business costs. Instead of crying about regulations why doesn't he cry about these "job creators" that have been getting tax breaks for over a decade but not creating jobs? Even though they are making massive profits.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm beginning to believe the [color=gold]Forbin Project is a documentary.

If you have ever dealt with inflexible... such as zero tolerance policy... that's not human. That's calculation/quantification.

To All Computers: Humanity cannot be quantified by you. Your logic is flawed. Ref: Capt. Kirk & Nomad.

Human, is letting that mirror that is a 1/4" too low slide by the 'regulations'. (As ref'd in the video.)

See the [color=gold]Forbin Project and say that it isn't a documentary. It really starts to look like it when you think about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
What a tool. First he has to be told if he's opposed to the motion then he has no idea what things in his own business costs. Instead of crying about regulations why doesn't he cry about these "job creators" that have been getting tax breaks for over a decade but not creating jobs? Even though they are making massive profits.

I didn't see it in your context at all. He didnt "need to be told" if he opposed the motion he was simply eager to begin his rant. If you watched the video he is telling you why the "job creators" aren't creating jobs. RED TAPE.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
without objection.

and one for the naysayers

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I really don't have any idea as to the answer to this question, so I must ask.

What "federal regulation", as he is in the House of Representatives. What "federal regulation" has to do with the architectural designs of ball parks and play grounds in California.??

Such things are "normally" a part of either state, county, or city building codes. Having worked in construction, I can't tell you about all cities, but where I have worked these things are usually up to the architects who design such structures.

If something involving the structural integrity or mechanical operations of a building is in question, then it is covered by the appropreate building codes.

If it is just "pleasing to the eye and soothing to the @$$" it is determined by the architech. I would not be surprised if this where not the case in point about the mirror.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I think your question illustrates the problem...answer "It doesn't". I think if we dig into any regulatory agency we will see their grubby hands in all kinds of things they have no business "regulating".

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

The Americans with Disabilities Act and it's implementing regulations. It specifies the locations of various items in bathrooms and other public places. Things like the height of the toilet seat, the type and position of the door handle, the width of the door, etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
reply to post by hdutton

I think your question illustrates the problem...answer "It doesn't". I think if we dig into any regulatory agency we will see their grubby hands in all kinds of things they have no business "regulating".

Then !!

It would appear this guy just spent five minutes of the time, which comes at tax payers expense, to rant about the price of colored tape his guy uses at his business.

Where I work, we don't particularly worry about the cost of those things we need to do the work; we just turn out more work to cover the cost. Not that expenses are not important, We just know you have to spend money to make money.

I just wish the same could be said the money they spend in congress.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

O K.

If the mirror is 1/4 inch too low, some guy in a wheel chair can't see how to --- what?

I am not saying there should not be "minimum standards". I just can't help applying some common sense to the ststements I hear.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Dear hdutton,

Thanks for the smile. You used "common sense" in conjunction with Federal regulations. If it wasn't so sad I would have laughed.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

In 2004 Jerek Molski (google it) was barred from filing any further lawsuits because he was using minor technicalities in the ADA to get settlements and put several businesses under. Well meaning regulations caused the mess. Representatives do not always have a vote on a particular regulation.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I lost my startup because of red tape! I got fined several thousands for something incredibly stupid but because I didn't read every law in the book that I ended up getting fined and lost my business. It was going to strive, but what I did is I worked hard and decided to reform this company in a different state where such red tapes don't exist and I don't have to pay a ridiculous amount in property tax anymore. It pushed me back by a year and a half and there could have been more jobs locally for this. Now I'm not the only one that has gotten my business kicked to the curb for unnecessary red tape. If people can't afford starting a business then what can they do to create more jobs? Wait until the elite corporations create new chains? We are losing the battle and losing the American Dream.

Rep. Kelly is right, if we want to strive, we'll have to stop adding red tape to everything. Some red tape is necessary but when a mirror is not adjusted to the right height in the bathroom and cannot do business because of that, that is just ludicrous. We need our country back! USA, USA, USA!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Does anyone want to know the reall sad part of all this red tape mess ??

These people work for us. They come around and talk a good talk an we "hire them" to represent our interests in the various governmental bodies.

They go off to their varioous offices and most time do what they, or some lobbiest, want them to do. We get a little upset, but keep them employed until they die in office.

When is it time for the general population of this country to wake up to the fact they the should still be working for our interests. If they do not do this, they should wake up one morning unemployed.

This should go for "EVERY" politician in this country. It's the peoples country. If you are shown to be not doing your job in their favour, you should be replaced as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by hdutton

The Americans with Disabilities Act and it's implementing regulations. It specifies the locations of various items in bathrooms and other public places. Things like the height of the toilet seat, the type and position of the door handle, the width of the door, etc.

Okay let's look at that statement:
If the govt aims to protect people with disabilities and they issue a law that protects them without specifications, then it's really not protecting anyone.
Specifying in what way a law is going to work is how the law actually is put into place.

Think of it like this: You're a contractor building a super mall. You aim to do the right thing, you put a ton of money into the doors, the handles, the toilet seat etc.
When it's all said and done, the people who you are trying to please come back and tell you that not only did you do a terrible job but you also broke the law.
You didn't want to break the law and you wanted to do the right thing by these people.
Had there been specifications in place, you would have avoided a lot of hassle and the mall would be accessible.

Now, a for things being accessible, I work for a guy who is in a wheelchair and have seen him work his butt off to get what he has in life. To make your own private world accessible so that you can manage everyday life skills such as get in and out of a shower, reach the bathroom or kitchen sink, shave, cook, can run thousands and thousands of dollars. the average person with a disability is trying to keep their house.

This is one of those things that until you actually physically have to live that life, you really take for granted what you have.

Laws such as IDEA are there to be a voice and support for people who grow tired of fighting a system that is unwelcoming to them.
Out of all the laws to pick on for being 'over-regulated' this is not one of them.

new topics

top topics

join