It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Nottingham, Enlgand. Thread suggestion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hello ATS!! In case you havent guessed, my name is Paul
I have been a member for some time on ATS. I have made a few comments on threads in my time, but generally I enjoy absorbing new things, and peoples thoughts, and very rarely post a comment myself. I encourage discussion with people close to me, to try and widen my understanding of everyone elses understanding. (If that makes sense) I am writing here because as yet, I don't have enough posts to do anything else.

I am writing in the hope of someone to pick up on something I have just noticed, which I find could use some attention.
Whilst browsing one of my usual sites, I came accross this article:
www.techradar.com...

The website is quite a mainstream one, which generally reviews, and reports on gadgets and electronics etc. This particular post stood out a mile to me, as it blindly debunks a lot of topics frequently covered on sites such as ATS Such as Aspartame dangers, vaccination dangers, and Area 51 "myths". Some of the "explanations" go in to no detail at all, they just go on to say they are not true. I also found it odd, that the comments function at the bottom has been disabled for "maintainance". While this is most likely just coincidence, it is still worth noting. The post seems designed to make members such as ourselves look like nut jobs.
If anyone would be interesting in taking this topic on, then please do so. Im not entirely sure how the messaging eyetem works on here, but if you need more info that you think I might be able to add then please u2u me.

Again, Good day to you all, and thank you for having me here

(My appologies if this post is classed as irrelevant due to content)

TallPaul

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Welcome to the forum.

Just post in two more threads and then you can start the thread yourself. You only need 20 posts before you can start threads.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Just post in two more threads and then you can start the thread yourself. You only need 20 posts before you can start threads.

Nah. Too much trouble.

Just reply once to Buster, and once to me, and voila! Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Thank you for the advice!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

And thanks to you too
wish me luck! I am a bit of a forum noob to be fair.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tallpaul1984

Originally posted by tallpaul1984

I am a bit of a forum noob to be fair.

Well, you're already a step ahead of many forum noobs, who seem to have a tendency to clutter everything into one big sloppy wall of words.

A simple double-space can do wonders. lol

These lil 'EX-TEXT' boxes are quite convenient also.
(for any parts you copy & paste from another website/article.)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey paul, good to see a local online, I live in Nottingham too, been lurking here for years now, don't comment much, but read voraciously. Welcome to the other side, where things are more interesting

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JabbaClease

Nice to meet you, I'm from the Sandicare / Long Eaton area. I too find myself spending alot of time on here. Though historically, I'v not been one to make my views heard for fear of what others may think or say. All of my friends belong to the other side as it were, who believe that most things I say about ATS topics are nonesense. That is slowly starting to change though.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm in the other side of town, Carlton. I've stopped talking so much to my friends about certain topics, they just ridicule me, and produce what they deem to be perfectly acceptable answers and solutions, I'm not so trusting with the info they have. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for any post you submit, and maybe see you around town some day.
Remember, this is not the first time we humans have dominated this planet, what next?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello! Greetings from Florida!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have a video for you but don't know how to post it...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Hello TallPaul1984

Welcome to ATS

Hope to see you around the forums sometime.

Muzz

top topics

join