It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is NOT Always Right, But That Doesnt Mean You Shouldnt Research Yourself!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Im not going to go into detail about why I am writing this, because I am frankly disgusted, but the fact is that the ATS community and the things we share here are not set in gold!

If someone unintentionally tried to share something, and everyone takes it for fact, without research, why should the OP be penalized?

Why do we hold the opinion of so many others out there that were fooled by the likes of who they claim are dis-info agents literally, and without real research. Obviously it took them to learn for themselves the truth about a particle person, why shouldn't everyone get the same treatment?

Oh I believed Mr/Ms. X, and they lie constantly. Well again thats your opinion, can ATS let people find out for themselves, are we going to start policing who people research? Or can we stay as a learning community, and let people find the truth for themselves??

Its bad enough that when someone shares something by those that most dont agree with the actual thread is ignored and trolled with members just saying the same things, but when ATS decides that "members" that disagree, that they can change an entire thread and place it somewhere else, without giving the thread a fair shake is simply ridiculous, and way below what I feel is ATS standards are.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hate to say it but it is ATS's board, and they can literally do what ever they want. There really is no basis to believe anything anyone says on the internet. The way I see it, some people can be trusted more than others when they usually give out good/reliable/factual information. Some people can be trusted less than others when they usually give out bad/unrealiable/incorrect information.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I am new here but there are certain posters already that have faith in. I do research their claims and most of the time I can't dispute what they have posted.

The moderators are good here also. Not much gets past the bull# detector here. I'm curious you are just dissatisfied with AFS or some of the opinions posters have?

I like this site because the moderators don't regulate what you can speculate about here. If you have an opinon or point of view about any topic it has every opportunity to get responses from the community here.

I don't understand your grievance.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bytebull

Thanks for your reply, though I am not as new here, I have enough respect for the ATS mods and the site itself to try to get my point across without breaking T&C or offending in a manner that would cause some type of disturbance.

This was and is a way to get my point across without causing commotions. I love this place, and hope that even with the changes,we never lose focus to what is important.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Your post sums up why some think ATS is a disinfo site . Lets all hop on that `Train Of The Debunked`.
Dont wana look like a fool, now , do we...
What if we all are tools to some extent and dont even realize it?
Tiss just food for thought folks.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This seems like a rather roundabout way to express a complaint about what seems to be, despite the generalized phrasiing, a specific case.

If you think a moderator has acted inappropriately, just let them know via private message. If that doesn't yield satisfaction, then a Complaint is the next step.

Starting a vague BB&Q thread about it isn't helpful, and isn't really appropriate for the forum:

Board Business & Questions: This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies, problems with site functionality/features, and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Please try the direct approach described above first.

We may not always agree, but we do listen.

top topics

join