It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Horseshoe' UFO Filmed Over South Korea - Quality Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We are not alone in the universe. That is a mathematical fact. Thank you for this post.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stiglitz
We are not alone in the universe. That is a mathematical fact. Thank you for this post.

Where is this fact then? The Drake equation isn't relevant, on account of the FACT that none of variables are known.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's fake...

1) It's from xxxdontuzxxx who is a known hoaxer.

2) It's not a real video. The background is as still image.

3) Fake camera movements. It's obviously a virtual camera.
edit on 27-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

Good call - mind the source.

Also, CGI is usually a pretty brief video.

But this video in particular, I'd be interested to see people actually explain how it is CGI rather than because of the "boy who cried wolf" shared it with the class.

The copyright damns it, also.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Where is this fact then? The Drake equation isn't relevant, on account of the FACT that none of variables are known.

Correction, known to you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The drake equation is a measure of probability based on unknown variables not a mathematical fact

Even if we did know the exact numbers for the equation it proves noting as it is a measure of probability.

If you have a 1 in 100 million chance of winning the lottery and you did the lottery every week for 100 million weeks you still may not win the lottery. Its still 1 in 100 million chance each time you do it ,that's how probability works.

edit on 27-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The Drake Equation says that there are either tens of thousands of other advanced civilizations in the galaxy, or there are none. It really narrows it down!

EDIT: As for the topic of conversation, "guilt by association" looks to be the case here.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Senselessness said it best but you seemed to ignore his post

Originally posted by senselessness
It's fake...

1) It's from xxxdontuzxxx who is a known hoaxer.

2) It's not a real video. The background is as still image.

3) Fake camera movements. It's obviously a virtual camera.
edit on 27-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

Also, CGI is usually a pretty brief video.

This is a brief video. But even if it weren't that doesn't mean anything. Have you never watched a movie that uses CGI in it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This looks like a UAV type craft. Not sure how problematic is it for flight, but there is nothing alien about this. It's stealthy shaped and looks like either reconnaissance or interception.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Considering that the U-shape doesn't seem to be consistent throughout the footage, I'd suspect what they're seeing is a UAV with forward swept wings, and the bright white U-shape is actually a compression cloud forming over the aircraft. In part of the video when it zooms in, the angle changes and reveals what looks like a darker object with profile resembling a forward-swept wing...

Maybe something like this?

www.flightglobal.com...

And in case somebody doesn't know what a compression cloud is... Let me make it easy...
www.google.com...

In some of those pics, the right conditions can conceal the profile of the entire aircraft. Usually occurs during high-angle-of-attack flight. But with a forward swept wing, the pressure gradient might create a compression cloud in level flight when the atmospheric conditions are right.

Of course it could still be a faked video. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
(O.O) If that was real, then I think it's pretty advanced. That thing was moving at a rate of no less than 30k mph!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If real, Im inclined to believe its something like these (if any are in service)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
AVPRO Concept UK

Check the first picture on the search.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

The video is so cool that nobody will listen to you for about 5 pages more of this thread, sadly.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rootbranch2012
That shape is problematic for flight. Looks more someone tossed a neck pillow in the air.

You know the old saying. Put enough thrust behind it and you can fly a brick.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Geez... looks good!

Is this the Ebon Hawk from Star Wars: KOTOR???

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ITS PACMAN!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

here ya go people

peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rootbranch2012
That shape is problematic for flight. Looks more someone tossed a neck pillow in the air.

The spacecrafts from other planets (that people sometimes call UFOs) do not FLY. They have a completely different technique to traveling that humans haven't invented a word for yet.

That's why the shape is pretty much irrelevant, as long as it doesn't have proturberances and such, like the Terran primitive 'airplanes' and such.

As long as the shape allows the magnetic field flow smoothly, the shape is irrelevant. There has been many shapes of UFOs seen throughout the human history. None of them "flew"..

The only problems I have with this video is that 1) It ends so abruptly, without showing the "vanishing" very well 2) the flight is very 'level' - I mean, in speed, altitude, everything - it's hardly "UFO-like" flight. Usually UFOs do not behave like that - they stay near one spot for awhile (any time ranging from seconds to hours), hovering and moving about a bit while doing it slowly - and then they just take off, faster than any rocket - WOOSHH - and they are already a huge distance away. Also, when they are in "flight" (they don't fly, but there's no alternative word for it, so I am using "flight"), the turns they have been known to perform have been impossible for Terran 'airplanes' to even try to mimic. (This is again, because they don't FLY, and they are not affected by G-forces or anything - they form their own magnetic field and gravity, so they are in effect shielded from any effects that the planet would otherwise cause them - they can make very sharp turns without inertia, friction or 'slowness of the mass' affecting them, etc.)

And usually, when an UFO travels by air, it 'bobs' a bit - even Kenneth Arnold described this movement, like saucers would, if you threw them on water surface. Hence the term 'flying saucers'. He never meant to describe their looks, but their MOVEMENT - it wasn't "level", but it was bouncing up and down slightly, conforming to the shape of the terrain (makes sense, because UFOs have been known to 'ride the magnetic waves', in other words, the magnetic field of the planet).

This doesn't disprove anything of course, it just raises some doubts in me. Perhaps they want to start showing themselves now that the 'civilization' is on it's deathbed.. I mean, considering they can be invisible, why would they otherwise show such long, 'level' stretch before becoming invisible again?

I still think Meier's footage is better and way more convincing, so this is not 'best UFO footage ever', that I have seen (even Daniel Fry's footage was quite impressive compared to this). Not that anyone -here- has claimed it to be, but some people in the youtube version have.

With the 3D rendering possibilities of today, it wouldn't be too difficult for many people, who have immersed themselves with video effects and combination of rendered 3D into pre-existing video, to create something like this. They could do it in one day, without expenses.

If it wasn't so lacking in typical UFO characteristics, I might consider it a bit more, but as it stands now, it looks to me that someone simply tried to create a 'convincing-looking' UFO video, and that's that. We don't hear the backstory of this video, we don't hear other people, we don't see anyone filming anything else first, nothing. There's basically no credibility. It's just another "video"..

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

neck pilow ? seriously ......... wut did they tie it up behind a airplane ... retarded comment

this is sum of the best footage ive seen of a day time unidentified flying object ...
could be a spy Drone ??
or maybe some one threw a toilet seat really high in the air and it managed to fly ..
i ve seen that hapen on accident befor no one was around thought i mean i wasnt even there but it happened S:F

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join