It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Horseshoe' UFO Filmed Over South Korea - Quality Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
Millennium Falcon

Enough said

Thanks for your contribution, really adds to the discussion.
If it's a falcon, I hope it pecks on your balls.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromedabound

Originally posted by NullVoid
Millennium Falcon

Enough said

Thanks for your contribution, really adds to the discussion.
If it's a falcon, I hope it pecks on your balls.

The post was re edit

Millennium Falcon
Enough said, ok, second opinion is Flying Gigantic Clam
-
Object seems to move using thrust, since thrust is low level method to move, I think it might be human created or specifically created/maneuvered to move like that in earth air space. Weird for a UFO to move like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

We have seen birds that look like boomerangs to flying saucers before when viewed from a great distance and at funny angles.

Im not saying it is 100% but its a very good chance it might be.

So you can say OMG and WTF all you want but in serious UFO research you have to try to consider the obvious first. Try and be a little more mature please

edit on 27-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It sometimes looks like a vapor cloud has formed around it's body like when a jet or rocket is moving near mach 1.
Example

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

WHY?
When I see a car driving down the road I don't try and make sure it isn't a Large dog.
I assume it is a car because it looks like a car.
I ALSO assume it ISN'T a dog because it looks NOTHING LIKE A DOG!!!!!

When I see a passenger jet in the sky I don't tell people that "we don't really know that it is a passenger jet, it COULD be a bird".

NO IT COULDN'T!!
It LOOKS NOTHING like a bird!!!!!
IT LOOKS LIKE A PASSENGER JET.

We know what it IS
and
WE know what it ISN'T!!

It IS a Passenger jet
and
it ISN'T a bird!

In this case we DON'T know what It IS
but
we can damn well safely say IT ISN'T A BIRD!!!!
WHY?
'CUZ IT DOEN'T LOOK LIKE A BIRD!!!!!!!!!

AGHH!!

Now I know you are just kidding.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Screwed

We have seen birds that look like boomerangs to flying saucers before when viewed from a great distance and at funny angles.

So you can say OMG and WTF all you want but in serious UFO research you have to try to discount the obvious first.

That's fine, I'm all for looking at the obvious explanations as well. But honestly, if you call this a bird you really need to get out in nature more.
There is no flap of wings, it moves way faster and there is no 'bob' (as when a bird flaps), it moves and twists like an aircraft. Maybe it is an aircraft? An 'unidentified' aircraft.

Please do me a favor, go and take a video of a bird and post it up here and try passing it off as a 'UFO' - I could really use the laugh.

edit on 27-7-2012 by Andromedabound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If we knew what it looked like for 100% then it would not be a UFO now would it?

In some frame it looks very much like a bird while in others it does not. So its worth considering that it may be a bird viewed from a strange angle. I sorry if you are having trouble understanding that.

Do you have anything constructive to add to the debate ?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So you can say OMG and WTF all you want but in serious UFO research you have to try to consider the obvious first. Try and be a little more mature please

The object tilts and soars a lot like a bird, but there is no flapping. At 0:29 the object is behind the cloud, so I guess we should see if there are white and black birds in South Korea that fly alone at high velocity and high altitudes without flapping their wings. I admit it's possible, but I'm thinking either the video is fake or the object is an actual craft (not a bird).

The shape of the object doesn't seem very aerodynamic, but its tilt gives me the impression that it is using aerodynamics in its movement.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
xxDonutzxx

HOAXER!!!

You do realize xxDonutzxx is Crazybreakingnews???

All of his vids are cgi garbage. I really feel for those that believe this guy is genuine, there is no hope for you im afraid

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Interesting footage , my first thought is maybe some kind of RC toy or Spy Drone but who knows .
The main problems are that there's no real information with the video and its on xxxdonutzxxx channel , known hoaxers , so we can't even be sure that it was filmed in South Korea .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromedabound

We get videos every week of birds mis identified as UFO's. Some of them are very convincing. There was a great one that was posted here last week that was taken over London. We have looked at many 1000's maybe 10's of 1000's over the years here at ATS. When viewed from certain angles and from a distance birds can be very odd looking. Also large bird like seagulls hardly ever flap their wings at all as they spend most of their time in the air soaring. You have heard of the term soaring like a bird?

You cant say what it is not unless you know what it is. Im putting forward the possibility that it could be a bird as a constructive part of finding out what it might be. In respose to your comment "maybe you should get out in nature more" Im a semi professional nature photographer so maybe you should get out in nature more.

It would seem its either a bird , an RC , some silent exotic tech that can change shape as it flies or maybe a visiting alien. As the later has never even been proved to exist in reality and the middle option is very questionable if it exists or it would be used in an area where normal people can see it what would you have us believe that it is?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's definitely not a bird, and IMO it looks a lot closer than what it seems. Judging by the occasional off balance side to side movement, I'm thinking it is one of them new toy flying things, that have a single horizontal propeller right in the middle for lift and thrust, them things can move at some considerable speed.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

If we knew what it looked like for 100% then it would not be a UFO now would it?

In some frame it looks very much like a bird while in others it does not. So its worth considering that it may be a bird viewed from a strange angle. I sorry if you are having trouble understanding that.

Do you have anything constructive to add to the debate ?

I am going to let the rest of the members tear your position apart, this is just too funny for me and I won't be able to do it without treating you like a small child. Everybody says stupid # sometimes and I think you are just having one of those days.

Here is what I can add to the debate.

THIS IS A UFO!!!!!!!!

It is

A. Unidentified. (unless you are going to call it a bird)

B. Flying
C. An Object.

Yup, all three qualifications are met.
So, now that we have established that it IS a UFO the next step would seem to be to try and determine
what kind.

I really couldn't even venture a guess because I would have nothing to base it off of other than a short video which doesn't give up a whole lot of clues. It COULD BE Alien. and it COULD be one of our own, hell, it COULD be CGI.

One thing is for certain, it is NOT normal and it is NOT something that people are accustomed to seeing everyday. It IS obviously using a form of aerodynamics that are foriegn to our current understanding of such.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
xxDonutzxx

HOAXER!!!

You do realize xxDonutzxx is Crazybreakingnews???

All of his vids are cgi garbage. I really feel for those that believe this guy is genuine, there is no hope for you im afraid

Yours might be the most reasonable suggestion so far.
Otherwise, we just don't know.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It seems you are more interested in winning an argument that exists only in your head than contributing anything constructive to this thread. Maturity is obviously not one of your strong points, good choice of avatar.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

post by Screwed
I COULD BE Alien. and it COULD be one of our own.

You missed out option 3 , It could be a Hoax perpetrated by known Hoaxers .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Maybe it is an RC of some kind but it does seem to have wings of some sort and change the shape of its profile as it flies.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I was talking about something similar to this:

I have seen them with just 1 propeller, I have seen them with many, and they come in all shapes and sizes, some of them can really shift too.

The object in the video doesn't change, it just tilts occasionally, maybe to poor control, or wind.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Could be.....most probably is another hoax to be honest.

The guy uses the same technique over and over again. He has almost perfected it. But still there are signs that its fake.

Im past debunking this crap now. No point. Too many idiots out there.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Its certainly an idea. The object seems to be moving quite quickly in a sideways motion. Those vertical prop aircrafts seem to need to tilt to get any decent lateral speed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join