It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anaheim Police Open Fire on Burglary Suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Anaheim Police Open Fire on Burglary Suspect

www.ktla.com

Third Police shooting this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sfgate.com

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Anaheim is far from the happiest place on earth in fact it may just be the next riot hotspot.

Not that it is on a time schedual or anything but So Cal may be about due for another one.

Zoot suit riots 40s
Watts Riots 60s
South Cental riots 90s
????
Just about once per hiring generation.

The police don't seem to be able to learn that if they treat people like animals they are going to get bit.

www.ktla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So when is a federal law stating that cops cannot fire deadly weapons unless fired upon going to be written and hopefully passed. I know its not there job to protect, but rather to deter and respond, I seriously think this needs to be done. Q police officer takes their job knowing that everyday they put their lives in jeopardy, its part of the job, it should be expected that someone may point a gun at them. That weapon is not going to kill you unless the trigger is pulled, if a cop shoots before being shot at, that cop is a coward who should never have been given the position.

After having the chance to read the article the officer had the cause to fire upon the driver, however my above paragraph still stands. In my home state, north Carolina, in charlotte a few years back a young woman was shot and killed after pointing a toy gun at an officer. Had the officer waited until he saw or heard gunfire that woman would still be alive today. As I said, a police officer should go to work everyday understanding the risk they accept in the line of duty, if you don't want to be shot at, don't join the police force. A civilian is a different story. A civilian does not go to work everyday expecting violent behavior to be perpetrated against them. A civilian has The right to protect his/herself from any perceived life threatening danger, a police officers perception should be altered while in the uniform.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Are the police commanders MORONS?

Or the police officers are?

Anyway, shooting AGAIN on that City is utterly stupid.What do they want? Another riot?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
From the article

Police say the driver tried to run over the officer, and that's when he responded with gunfire. The driver escaped.

new topics

top topics

join