It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amount of HOMOPHOBIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Amount of Homophobia in some of these threads,

IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

I can't take it. People using their religion to justify their hate?!?!?! HUH!?

Religion exists only to justify Love

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've said this before, but in my opinion most homophobes are one of the following;

- Closeted gay
- Gay in denial
- Gay in rebellion
- Brainwashed
- Under educated
- Or generally just not very nice people

Don't even get me started on the religious side of things, homophobic religious people are the epitome of hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes, but the bible is against homosexuality, so either God is homophobic or the Bible is just full of human's opinions that have nothing to do with God.

It comes down to debating the Authority of the Bible, IMO.

People have every right to live as they want, as long as they hurt no one in the process.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by synnergy

People have every right to live as they want, as long as they hurt no one in the process.

Oh how I wish everyone could think like this...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm really getting sick of this everyone's a homophobe mentality from the ATS community... This OP has no substance whatsoever, no examples of these so called threads and will get lots of stars because it's "pro-gay".. How about you stop bringing attention to it and let gay people be themselves without throwing them into the spotlight every 10 minutes? There was a thread about a Gay Agenda and I'm starting to believe it now, and it's not the gay people who are pushing it....
edit on 27-7-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

This thread is a direct response to the ignorance in this thread

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I am gay, I have not seen anything on this site that offended me, and I have been on here for years. I thought about looking for homophobic stuff after reading what you said, but I better not. If I found allot of Homophobic posts on here I would probably go on a rant. I don't really want to have a Homosexuality debate on ATS though.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I do. and this isn't the first time I've brought this same topic to the table.

I am sick of seeing people justify hate with a religion

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by synnergy
Yes, but the bible is against homosexuality, so either God is homophobic or the Bible is just full of human's opinions that have nothing to do with God.

It comes down to debating the Authority of the Bible, IMO.

No the writters of the bible was homophobic. The bible is a dulity driven conditioning and people who belive in duality belive their way is the only way so if you are different from them/their club then you are going to hell. Jesus do preach nonduality in the bible also that is opposite duality but not in all new testament. Since spiritual people (like Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu) normaly can see thru duality then my idea is that Jesus was probably a very special person but the people who wrote the bible of what he did was not and probably screwed up the message sometimes. I love god and Jesus but could care less about the hypocritical Christians (not all christians) who belive a Buddist, Hinduist, Atheist or Muslim will go to hell even if he/she has the behaviour of a saint.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I'm really getting sick of this everyone's a homophobe mentality from the ATS community... This OP has no substance whatsoever, no examples of these so called threads and will get lots of stars because it's "pro-gay".. How about you stop bringing attention to it and let gay people be themselves without throwing them into the spotlight every 10 minutes? There was a thread about a Gay Agenda and I'm starting to believe it now, and it's not the gay people who are pushing it....

This is a public forum and if he thinks there are too many homophobes on this site he has every right to start a thread saying it. If you don't like threads like this then why are you even commenting on it much less reading it?

Also you must not spend much time on this forum to not know there are plenty anti gay people on here.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by jheated5

This is a public forum and if he thinks there are too many homophobes on this site he has every right to start a thread saying it. If you don't like threads like this then why are you even commenting on it much less reading it?

Also you must not spend much time on this forum to not know there are plenty anti gay people on here.

Really? You don't see the problem with promoting ignorance and labeling people because they disagree with you? Well maybe someone should make a thread with the title "The amount of FLAMERS here" it's the same exact thread just the opposite side of the spectrum, it's ok though because they are bad people so we can put them down...... I don't come to ATS for the name calling...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I do not care what anyone wants to do with their genitalia IMO that is their own business. Yet people refuse to keep it that way.

I will undoubtedly catch grief about this, but I could give two sh*ts…

If people have a right to be LGBT, then people also have not to be; each side of this spectrum equally has a right to disagree with one other.

This is called being accountable and not being a victim for ones choices/actions. This is because the notion of being ‘born’ LGBT is a logical fallacy (Appeal to Nature) and holds no weight at all.

In addition, how do we not see the inherit hypocrisy of the LGBT community lashing out at homophobes with certain belief systems. Is that not exactly what they are fighting for themselves; a right to a certain lifestlye?

Acceptance and forgiveness, people.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

What is your definition of homophobia?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I personally don't think the homophobia on this site is too bad
Except for the occasional poster of course
There was one or two in particular recently
One of whom I took great pleasure in stalking from thread to thread in order to highlight his bigotry
That individual lasted 4 days on this site then the mods banned him
However I'm still looking out for this guy returning under an alias

Everyone's entitled to their opinion - and the right to live how they choose, without persecution, asking as that lifestyle does not harm others

I accept the gay community ( I even hate saying that IT'S OUR COMMUNITY, GAYS ARE PART OF IT )
And have a few gay friends
Where I am on the fence is the subject of children within these relationships
As with any evolution of society it brings the inherent problem of problems developing, and in some cases problems will arise
But just because something MAY present problems that's no reason to stop progress and the evolution of society
In fact my gay friends would make better parents than the majority of my straight friends and have spent a lot of time with my son over the years ( he's now 14 ) and guess what ...........he's not started lezzing out !
lol yeah he might have gone a bit too high school the musical for a while - but that was the thing at the time
Some say gays and their right are destroying the very fabric of our society
I say fear, hate and bigotry is doing much MUCH more

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Similar to people who assume things about homeless people, or impoverished. Preconceived notions of "standards"

While a lot of gay people may be sleeping with a lot of people...... That doesn't mean every single one of them is a bad person. We assume so much about the gays, you forget they are REAL people. They have feelings. They aren't just some stigma or object... they exist. We need to help them, not assume things about them.

I really can't stand people using religion to justify their own insecurities/hate.

top topics

join