It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of London: Geiger counter of Olympo-mania to go off the scale!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
In a speech to counter act Willard Romney's bad mannarded statement about the London 2012 Olympics the mayor of London at a recent reception was quoted as saying.

“I think we can hold the greatest Olympics that has ever been held.”

He predicted “the Geiger counter of Olympo-mania that has been spreading through the city in the last couple of days will go zoing off the scale”.

Why use words "Geiger counter" that is just so odd and a bit spooky!

With all the predictions of false-flag event or a terrorist attack these words could be prophetic. With nearly 4 billion people watching it would be a tragic event that would be viewed by more than half the world population. Although I am not sure if anything will happen at the opening and closing ceremonies, I did feel this was a strange enough quote and thought I would post about it. Do you think anything will happen?

If nothing happens then I hope for lots of medals for my country! Mods if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it, although I did do a search and found nothing on this news.
edit on 27-7-2012 by abeverage because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I hope nothing happens! It would be a tragedy of epic proportions!!
I don't wish that on anyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Actually this should have been placed in Disaster conspiracy not Natural Disaster, my bad...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
In a speech to counter act Willard Romney's bad mannarded statement about the London 2012 Olympics the mayor of London at a recent reception was quoted as saying.

“I think we can hold the greatest Olympics that has ever been held.”

He predicted “the Geiger counter of Olympo-mania that has been spreading through the city in the last couple of days will go zoing off the scale”.

Why use words "Geiger counter" that is just so odd and a bit spooky!

With all the predictions of false-flag event or a terrorist attack these words could be prophetic. With nearly 4 billion people watching it would be a tragic event that would be viewed by more than half the world population. Although I am not sure if anything will happen at the opening and closing ceremonies, I did feel this was a strange enough quote and thought I would post about it. Do you think anything will happen?

If nothing happens then I hope for lots of medals for my country! Mods if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it, although I did do a search and found nothing on this news.
edit on 27-7-2012 by abeverage because: spelling

Trust me ........ Boris Johnson is THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN ENGLAND ---- period.

Thats just how he talks , he was on bbc news last week talking about plants or something when they were asking him about the olympics.

"you sir , are a flibbidy flib gibbet" - Boris Johnson

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
I hope nothing happens! It would be a tragedy of epic proportions!!
I don't wish that on anyone.

Boris Johnson is the mayor of london ............ it cant get worse than that

second line

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Boris Johnson is an upper class twit, and a twat, and talks utter and complete nonsense most of the time.

With all due respect I think you are reading far more into this than is there.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The Mayor Of London Boris Johnson is an eccentric.

Read and enjoy:-

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Boris Johnson is an upper class twit, and a twat, and talks utter and complete nonsense most of the time.

With all due respect I think you are reading far more into this than is there.

He may be (I am not from England) I just thought what a very very odd thing to say and with there being conspiracy talk of an event at the games I thought this should be brought to light, even if it ends up being a non-event.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
To be fair hes actually a pretty sharp guy is Boris, I think people often confuse him with his bumbling posh twit persona he seems to be in a lot. Find some Have I Got News For You hes been on, pretty funny guy to be honest, more than likely he's just enjoying the perks of being in an old boys network that just so happens to be running the country at the moment.

Id be more worried about why the newspapers this morning had photos of the opening rehearsals showing being dancing while covered in flames in a lake of fire.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I dont think anything will happen, though I think they are playing it very safe since the Israeli PM pulled out, G4S off the case and army in etc

twitter got rooted yesterday, 1 person said was redirecting to a gov ip whilst down..... I couldnt validate this. Brazil anon have been accused of being CIA in the past. I think the US gov decided just to take everything just over 24 hours before opening ceremony.

I think this is supposed to be the birth of 1 world government, centered in London/DC/Vatican, an empire on which the sun never sets.

London is the only place to host for third time.
Jerusalem was rebuilt in England's green an pleasant land.
Illuminati are the church/Imperial Rome and the Olympics is full of its symbology
England is the mother of parliements, Obama addressed them as such.
The Zionists of Poland who later assisted the creation of Israel would have themselves been subjects of Rome via Polish King who ruled until 1918 (armistace day) when he stopped having anything to do with state affairs but did not abdicate. Helater tried to claim the throne of Hungry, Lord Rothschild was a Brit, further back they were Roman empire (a germanic pagan tribe I believe once known by the name of Ra)

Did you ever look at the webpage for the marketing folks who did the mascots, their management page is interesting indeed! Never mind the name/logo etc. www.irisnation.com...

Id be more concerned about Israel/Iran/Syria being attacked whilst the world is not looking.... the plan seems to be for them to destroy one another a la Albert Pike conspiracy, I cant see any other reason why we are elevating the muslim brotherhood to power all over the middle east.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

The Mayor Of London Boris Johnson is an eccentric.

Read and enjoy:-

en.wikiquote.org...

Wow what a hair style! Ok maybe if I had seen the guy I would have thought he was a loon but there was mention of Radioactive material buried under the Olympic stadium... Which for a big enough explosion could be spread!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Seriously not a star nor a flag for what is a pretty twisted comment to make? There is evidence of radioactive material and the mayor makes a comment about Geiger counters?

In an article meant to debunk this they actually go on to prove it is dangerous...

However, Doctor Chris Busby, an expert on radiation and health, comments that radioactive material can be classified as Low Level or Naturally Occurring but still be extremely hazardous.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

May be true but did you know that there was radioactive material reporter there? Do you think that is a bit of sick and twisted comment to make?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You are quite free to mention whatever you see fit,
one of the purposes of this site is to share things like that and for other's to give their opinions - because that's all I offered, an opinion.

but there was mention of Radioactive material buried under the Olympic stadium... Which for a big enough explosion could be spread!

Which as far as I'm aware is quite safe - could easily be wrong though.

reply to post by Murad

Boris is a complete buffoon.
So he can come up with the occassional witty retort or show off the benefits of his elite education but so what?
Maybe we should make that a qualification for public office?
Oops, whilst we weren't looking it apparently has become so.

That Londoners saw fit to elect him as their Mayor merely confirms what the rest of the country previously thought about Londoners.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I just thought it a bit of a slap in the face...

If the mayor of my town made a comment like that after radioactive material was found, Joke or not I would hope people would at least find it offensive, funny nobody even bats an eye about it!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Wasn't it more to do with the other candidate being Red Ken lol

CX

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Boris makes me laugh.

As already said, thats how he talks, a melodramatic version of Prince George from Blackadder III

Here's Boris in a mash up Olympic speech, but those who know him wouldn't necessarily know this wasn't really him lol....

Watch this from 2:15 for a typical Boris speech....

CX.
edit on 27/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Wasn't it more to do with the other candidate being Red Ken lol

Possibly, only Londoners can explain this - but to be fair you do have a point - not much of a choice was there?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I like Boris .
He is only using Shakespearean English , that's all .

Flibbertigibbet is a Middle English word referring to a flighty or whimsical person, usually a young woman. In modern use, it is used as a slang term, especially in Yorkshire, for a gossipy or overly talkative person.
Its origin is in a meaningless representation of chattering.
[1] It does not always apply to females, however; it has also been used to describe Jiminy Cricket due to his whimsical, chatty nature.

en.wikipedia.org...

This word also has a historical use as a name for a fiend, devil or spirit. In Shakespeare's King Lear (IV, i (1605)), he is one of the five fiends Edgar (in the posture of a beggar, Tom o' Bedlam) claimed was possessing him. Shakespeare got the name from Samuel Harsnett's Declaration of Egregious Popish Impostures (1603),[citation needed] where one reads of 40 fiends, which Jesuits cast out and among which was Fliberdigibbet, described as one of "foure deuils of the round, or Morrice, whom Sara in her fits, tuned together, in measure and sweet cadence."

edit on 27-7-2012 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

But do you agree that was a poor choice of words? Or a telling choice of words? If anything does happen at the games this would make it a very ironic thing to say indeed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join