It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, 62, cures painful eye infection with 99p jar of honey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
hi all

once again the product of a busy bee's lifes work has helped another man....

i had made a post on a thread a while back about bee pollen being a fantastic aid in helping either gain or lose weight... it also helps to give you a boost of energy... 2 tsp in the morning and bzzztt you'll be busy like a bee.. !

Bee Pollen is extremely valuable as an adaptogen by assisting in both weight gain or loss, as well as in the reduction of hypertension or increasing the overall metabolic functions. Bee Pollen both regulates and stimulates the metabolism in the human organism by supplying the missing factors (or catalysts) that other foods do not provide while neutralizing the catabolic effects of various toxins, environmental pollutants, synthetic drugs or food additives, thereby producing healthier cells, improved health and well-being and a longer life-span.

www.alternativescentral.com...

and now it seems that honey is an excellent cure for fighting off infections...

Frank Dougan, 62, lost his left eye when he was shot with a bow and arrow in a childhood accident and he later developed a painful infection called blepharitis.

But he was finally cured when he cut his hand while on holiday in Jerusalem and he was advised to put honey on it. Surprised by the results, when he returned home to Glasgow he bought a jar of Tesco Value Honey and tried it on his eyelid - and within weeks the infection had cleared

www.dailymail.co.uk...

i think people should definitely be looking into more natural/alternative ways of healing themselves... the products are out there, barely cost a thing and can have incredible affects.. and even sometimes cure.

bees are incredible creatures and we have a lot to thank them for

edit on 27-7-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Can I just eat bees? I hate them. They sting me, and they do it with passion. I'd love to snare a bag full, freeze them and maybe cover them in honey -- ooh the irony.

So.. wait, now I feel sick

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

haha- stop freaking out when you see them, and they'll stop freaking out and stinging you when they see you!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Honey is also excellent for treating scrapes and so on. I first used it years ago after coming off my motorcycle and getting some nasty "gravel rash". A while before I'd visited a friend after his own accident (
) and he was using honey straight on the worst grazes. It was amazing how quickly they healed. So I did the same and was very happy with the results.

Not kidding. Last time I used honey to treat a skin wound was just last summer. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have any known histamine allergy.

Mike

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
for those that are interested, manuka honey is the best honey you can get for treating infections and wounds

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Nature has a cure for any physical or mental illnesses that we could imagine...they are all within reach right in front of our eyes....but for some reason the big drug companies don't like people to be aware of that fact...the less you know the more you depend on their synthetic addicting drugs,and buy into their fairy tale ,money making machine medical system scam....If we eat well,sleep enough,workout,live in a natural settings,make love ,and use herbs and natural foods,then there will be no illness and no need for drugs to calm us down,that means no money to be made from the peoples miseries anymore,and that is bad for the business..too bad.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

i totally agree with you.. !

manuka honey by far is THE best ever.. ! to eat and to use on cuts/infections/sores

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

yep agreed

the big corporate pharmaceutical companies are total b######s imo...
they wont invest any money or research into alternative herbal medicines as it wont make them any money and they have no way to control the masses... if you look at how many peeps world wide are on some form of medication created by these eejits they never do any good... i have a few friends who are mentally ill and when they go through a down phase they drug them up to the eyeballs with god knows what kinda drugs... they dont deal with the root of the problem - its easier for them to just shut the problem up...

i have a 2 friends who have studied herbalism and they are fantastic at recommending herbal treatments for most things, and they both love honey.. !

if we didnt have bees i dont know where we would be tbh... they pollinate the flowers - provide us with an incredible substance that heals us - it fascinates me entirely.. !

and most peeps have no idea that the herbs/plants the cure the common cold etc, literally live in their own garden, or in the local woods... we need to go back to nature ASAP...!

we had lots of bees in the garden yesterday and for a while i just stood and watched them go about their business, amazing little creatures they bee

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

:O dont say that about the poor bees .. !

i have never ever had a bee sting... the only sting ive ever had has been from wasps, nettles and jellyfish....

do you try and run away from them...? or is it that they just follow you on their own secret mission to sting you and cause you pain..? ^.^

bees usually only ever sting if they feel provoked or threatened - otherwise they are relatively peaceful creatures

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The ancient medicines of 'Ayurveda' and 'Homeopathy' uses them extensively including eyedrops to improve vision
So does the ancient chinese medicines. I'm not sure about other cultures but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

top topics

join